[TOOL] ADB AppControl v1.6.2 📱 App manager & debloat tool for android

Search This thread

Cyber.Cat

May 24, 2020
appcontrol.neocities.org
@Cyber.Cat Thank you for this awesome utility! Keep up the great work!

Happily donated to support this!!
Thanks for the your support! It's always nice👍
I have 2 different laptops. Can I use the same keyfile on both of these or 1st disable key on one system ? These are redundant backup systems, so as to have identical installs on both.
For everything to work well (without blocking), just use 1 key on 1 computer in one time;)

rogerinnyc

Feb 1, 2006
This is a lovely app, and well worth the $7 to support the developer. Thank you! I prefer having a disabler on my phone, but they are buggy in terms of whether they always work, or their Knox license is revoked, etc. Keep up the good work!

• Love
Reactions: Cyber.Cat

billubakra

Sep 1, 2012
Hi Brother,

Few queries-

1. I am using Windows 10. Have enabled usb debugging, dev mode is on. Using ADB AppControl v1.6.1. Samsung USB drivers are installed, installed them few years back. Is there any need to install the adb driver or is that specifically for Windows 7?

2. Say we disable or uninstall few system apps, bixby and what not then will the ota updates still work? Want to remove everything related to bixby and map the button to something else.

3. Trying to uninstall few preinstalled apps but getting this what is the meaning of failure of device and will it really wipe the data?

4. If point 2 and 3 will cause the failure of device or wiping of data then shouldn't one simply disable these apps from the app manager itself?

5. Have you listed the apps/processes somewhere which are safe to remove?

6. Are you accepting payments from the PlayStore, by listing say some simple abcd app, for ADB AppControl? The currency conversion charges are insane for Fast Spring and Plati Market from my card.

Cyber.Cat

May 24, 2020
appcontrol.neocities.org
Hi Brother,

Few queries-

1. I am using Windows 10. Have enabled usb debugging, dev mode is on. Using ADB AppControl v1.6.1. Samsung USB drivers are installed, installed them few years back. Is there any need to install the adb driver or is that specifically for Windows 7?

2. Say we disable or uninstall few system apps, bixby and what not then will the ota updates still work? Want to remove everything related to bixby and map the button to something else.

3. Trying to uninstall few preinstalled apps but getting this what is the meaning of failure of device and will it really wipe the data?

4. If point 2 and 3 will cause the failure of device or wiping of data then shouldn't one simply disable these apps from the app manager itself?

5. Have you listed the apps/processes somewhere which are safe to remove?

6. Are you accepting payments from the PlayStore, by listing say some simple abcd app, for ADB AppControl? The currency conversion charges are insane for Fast Spring and Plati Market from my card.
Hi, I highly recommend reading the user manual at the link

1) Usually the driver is only required for Windows 7 and 8

2) There should be no problems after the update

3) This is a warning message, nothing more. If you disable an important system application, then a factory reset may be required to restore the system.

4) Yes, use the basic and safe levels of AppControl Debloat Wizard.

5) It will not be beneficial to anyone. The Google Play commission is 30% for developers.

I keep looking for a convenient payment solution because I cannot accept paypal directly anymore. I would be glad to any advice!

Reactions: billubakra

billubakra

Sep 1, 2012
Hi, I highly recommend reading the user manual at the link

1) Usually the driver is only required for Windows 7 and 8

2) There should be no problems after the update

3) This is a warning message, nothing more. If you disable an important system application, then a factory reset may be required to restore the system.

4) Yes, use the basic and safe levels of AppControl Debloat Wizard.

5) It will not be beneficial to anyone. The Google Play commission is 30% for developers.

I keep looking for a convenient payment solution because I cannot accept paypal directly anymore. I would be glad to any advice!

Thanks. Will go through the manual and will get back.

1, 2, 4 Thanks.

3. How does one make sure if the factory reset will be required or not? Have no time to take the back up and then restoring it if there's a need so just making sure.

5. I have no idea but the payment modes that you have mentioned are giving crazy currency conversion charges. Maybe transferwise if it suits you.

Last edited:

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011
I just want to say that I had seen quite a lot of mention of your program of late. That said, after another "experience" with Package Disabler Pro (which I had been a subscriber prior to you developing the program) I decided to give yours a shot. I knew I did not need to get the Extended version but since you clearly do a bang up job of supporting people I thought it would only be fair to make a donation.

One question. I dislike using my Visa and generally always use American Express. I ended up going with FastSpring which gave me the opportunity to pay with Paypal (and American Express). I know it is more expensive but I hope at the end of the day you get paid a reasonable portion of my fee.

billubakra

Sep 1, 2012
I just want to say that I had seen quite a lot of mention of your program of late. That said, after another "experience" with Package Disabler Pro (which I had been a subscriber prior to you developing the program) I decided to give yours a shot. I knew I did not need to get the Extended version but since you clearly do a bang up job of supporting people I thought it would only be fair to make a donation.

One question. I dislike using my Visa and generally always use American Express. I ended up going with FastSpring which gave me the opportunity to pay with Paypal (and American Express). I know it is more expensive but I hope at the end of the day you get paid a reasonable portion of my fee.
Touche. I too want to support him but the inr to usd conversion rates are like 4x. I think it's Visa's fault.

billubakra

Sep 1, 2012
Thanks. Will go through the manual and will get back.

1, 2, 4 Thanks.

3. How does one make sure if the factory reset will be required or not? Have no time to take the back up and then restoring it if there's a need so just making sure.

5. I have no idea but the payment modes that you have mentioned are giving crazy currency conversion charges. Maybe transferwise if it suits you.
@Cyber.Cat Awaiting for your reply.

Cyber.Cat

May 24, 2020
appcontrol.neocities.org
How does one make sure if the factory reset will be required or not? Have no time to take the back up and then restoring it if there's a need so just making sure.
There is no way. Just your experience or that of other users. A factory reset is only required if the android system fails to boot (bootloop). If the system boots, but does not work stably, you will need to enable disabled or restore deleted applications.

billubakra

Sep 1, 2012
There is no way. Just your experience or that of other users. A factory reset is only required if the android system fails to boot (bootloop). If the system boots, but does not work stably, you will need to enable disabled or restore deleted applications.
Thank You. Final questions, Can't we simply disable an app, not the processes, using the appmanager? If apps like yours only disables other apps then how are people commenting that it helped them save space?

ed-gonzo

Jul 29, 2018
Thank You. Final questions, Can't we simply disable an app, not the processes, using the appmanager? If apps like yours only disables other apps then how are people commenting that it helped them save space?
If you disable or uninstall a system app, which is possible with some system apps, then you save only the ram memory, but not the system memory!
The link in the settings will remain, but will not lead to any function!
I hope That I have been able to answer your question.

Excuse my bad English

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    🚀 Update 1.6.2
    2021-03-29_130206.jpg
    Important update. Early versions are no longer supported.
    • Fixed critical error "The device does not respond".
    • Fixed a bug with the console colors.
    • Fixed the app list scroll bug after using the wizard.
    • Fixed scrolling list application mouse wheel on windows 7
    • The minimum version of .NET Framework is reduced to 4.6
    • Added button to interrupt execution of the operation.
    • Added verification to access services.
    • Other minor fixes and some optimization :)
    Many thanks to everyone who supports the project!👍

You can download the archive or update to the new version from the program.
    Do not forget to report on the bug found.

Download ADB AppControl 1.6.2

Respectfully,
    Cyber.Cat
    I created a Telegram group, where I provide technical support for the ADB AppControl users. If you need help, or you want to ask a couple of questions about the program, write here or in the group;)

https://t.me/AppControl_En
    Hi guys. I was sick here, perhaps flu or... That was not easy, but now I'm normal. Right now enthusiastically working on updating 1.6.2. It will be in the coming days. I fixed some serious problems and the bug with "The Device Is Not Responding.".

But then i got an error trying to select "maximal" in the debloat wizard:
    Perhaps problems with the Internet (Low speed, or VPN). In such a situation, you need to restart the program and try again.
    I fail to understand this obsession with uninstalling apps. Why? How much storage are you saving? You guys/girls know that it only is what is running that actually counts? Seemingly what MEMORY means, is totally lost.
    The only reason to delete system app is to remove spyware, adware, or useless apps preinstalled by manufacturers
    Man... I´m speechless.. Exynos S21 Ultra here and the battery life is insane. Instantly bought extended version, apllied third setting, set up vanced and all the other stuff and the phone now? Holy reactor! Huge thank you from Slovakia. Keep up the good work!!
    ADB AppControl 📱
    Easy management of android applications with a user-friendly interface. Can do almost everything you dreamed about with applications.
    A handy and free PC program that will allow you to easily manage applications on your android device using your PC and ADB. You can disable unnecessary pre-installed system applications and bloatware, or install new ones using a modern graphical interface. And even more - with each new update, more and more functions appear in the program! This is exactly tool that you will use for many years - after trying ADB AppControl you will see that working with ADB has never been so easy.

scr1.jpg scr2.jpg scr3.jpg

System requirements: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and .NET Framework 4.6 or newer.
    Works with any types of Andoird devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, etc)!
    Requires Android 7 or above.
    I am working on Android 6 compatibility.

NO ROOT NEEDED!

Features:
    • Disable and uninstall applications without root
    • Installing applications from apk files (including multi install)
    • Saving apk files of installed applications
    • Automatic grant permissions for popular applications (Tasker, MacroDroid, etc.) App List.
    • Detection and cleaning of unwanted applications (bloatware)
    • Full support for splits (apks)
    • App permission manager
    • Convenient presets (lists) to manage
    • Multifunctional adb console with quick commands support
    • And also: Data cleaning, Screenshots, Logcat logs, Reboot in different modes, Uploading files and much more.
    Links and Manuals:

Quick start: Launch program, enable usb debugging on the your device and connect it by usb cable to PC. Click the Enable Network Debuging button (upper right corner) to connect to the device over the network.

Official website

YouTube Videos

User's Manual

Extended Version

Support the project

Important:

On PCs with Windows 7, if your device can not connect via usb, you need to install adb driver (I recomended to use my brand new Driver Installer)

Support device with android version below 7 may be limited.

To connect to the device by IP
    , first connect it via usb to the program and click the Enable Network Debugging button.

When you connect the device for the first time, the program will prompt you to install the ACBridge application.
    This is my service application for android to provide data exchange between the device and ADB AppControl on a PC. It must be installed in order to be able to display application icons and their names, instead of their packages names like com.android.app. You can also use the program without ACBridge, but you will lose some of the cool features (no icons and no application names). Now ACBridge comes with the main program, but in the future I plan to add it to the Play Market.

The program has an Extended version with interesting features.
    It was created especially for those users who like the program and who want more features.

Terms of Use

By using this program, you agree that the author is not responsible for any malfunction of your device and / or denial of warranty by manufacturer. ADB AppControl program is free for personal use. This is not an open-source project, therefore modification of the program is prohibited. All rights to the program belong only to its author. You may placing the program on other web resource, with a link to the program's website - appcontrol.neocities.org.

Full text of Terms of Use

If you report problems, be sure to attach the console.log file from the program folder to the message!

Please leave your feedback and suggestions. They are very important to me and will help make the program better. I will be glad to everyone!

Update 1.6.2 is already available! CHANGELOG

The program can grant permissions for popular applications (in two clicks!)

Download ADB AppControl

Do you like ADB AppControl? Buy me coffee and support the project ;)
    Let's start the New Year with a new update!🎄

Update 1.5.1 release.
    • Adb updated to version 30.0.5
    • Fixed the work of the Permission Manager
    • Fixed bug with saving apk from the context menu
    • Fixed a bug when the list of applications disappeared
    • Changed the logic of the checkbox Delete Data and Cache
    • Improved language management
    • Button Load Preset now always opens the \presets folder
    • Added copy-paste menu for text fields and console
    • Other minor changes and fixes
    DOWNLOAD

Happy New Year! Thank you for using ADB AppControl.
    Welcome to update 1.5!
    I want to thank everyone who supports the project. It is yours support that gives the necessary motivation and allows me to implement new cool ideas!

I am often asked: "Cyber.Cat, advise which applications should I disable on my Samsung / Xiaomi / Lenovo, etc.". Since the release of the first version of ADB AppControl, I've been asked this question so often that I just couldn't ignore it. It took me almost 4 months, from idea to implementation. Meet the Disable Unwanted Apps Wizard to help you clean up your devices.

scr1.png

There are a lot of changes (this is version 1.5 for a good reason).
    And the fastest way to meet them is in my YouTube video:

And here is a list of New Year's gifts changelog:
    • Debloat Wizard. It will help clean your andoid from junk and bloatware.*
    • Improved app installation
    • Splits are now saved in .apks (zip) format
    • Splits (.apks) can be installed as a regular apk file
    • Installing folders with apk and apks files
    • Reworked dragging and dropping apk files
    • Added information about the size of apk files
    • Added About Application menu where you can find out the version of the application.
    • Added option to Delete data and application cache during disabling.
    • Added a list of supported applications to the Auto-Permissions window.
    • The context menu has been completely redesigned
    • Fixed a bug in Auto-Permissions (not all applications were displayed in the list)
    • Fixed the logic of the "Select all applications" checkbox and search.
    • Fixed bug on Windows 10 20h2 if the path contained spaces.
    And many other smaller, but no less important changes!
    * some of the Wizard's capabilities are available only in the Extended Version of the program

You can find out what the Disconnect Wizard is and why you need it in the User Guide on the official website.
    It is important to understand that this feature was added as part of testing and a lot more will be changed and corrected. And your feedback can help a lot with that.
    Also, a lot of work was done on the program, which means bugs are possible. If you meet such, do not hesitate to write here or by mail, we will fix everything.

Happy Holidays everyone!
    Regards, Cyber.Cat

You can update directly from the program!
    Important!
    If you have an Extended Version, you will need to reactivate program with you key after installing the update.

Download ADB AppControl 1.5
    Update 1.6.0 is available for download!
    First, I want to say a big thanks to everyone who supports the project. This is incredibly inspiring!
    scr1.jpg scr2.jpg scr3.jpg ext1.jpg

As you can see, I've refreshed the ADB AppControl a bit. Hope you enjoy the new UI theme in fresh winter colors. But what you will definitely like is the optimization. There's a lot of it in this update. Updating data via bridge is now 30% faster! The program has also become more responsive and starts faster. For developers, tester and just enthusiasts, the work with logcat and shell has been improved, as well as the ability to work with adb already installed in the system has been added. And not only!

Update 1.6.0 Brief YouTube Video

• Optimization and bug fixes
    • Refreshed user interface
    • Improved data update via ACBridge (up to 30% faster)
    • Added support for system adb (in Extended version)
    • Added new experimental ADB key protection feature (in Extended version)
    • Added Install APK button
    • Logcat and shell open in a separate window and do not block the program
    • Added more tooltips on buttons
    • Show IP when you enable network debugging(and added to the history)
    • Controlling the list of applications from the keyboard (arrows, space, menu)
    Not bad, right? ;)

I also want to talk about security, because one of the new ADB AppControl feature is related to it. This is an experimental function of Adb Key Protection.
    When you connect your smartphone to a PC for debugging, you need to give permission to debug (a prompt appears on the smartphone screen). For this permission to work only for this PC, and not for any other, the key is used. It's just a sequence of random characters that is stored on the PC in the C:\Users\Name\.android folder as a text file and is generated automatically the first time adb is launched on that computer. If, when granting permission on a smartphone, you select the "Always allow debugging from this device" option, the smartphone will remember this key and will no longer ask for confirmation when connecting to adb on this computer.
    Few people think about this, but the problem is that if you transfer this key file to another computer, you can connect to the same smartphone without confirmation. This method allows you to get almost complete access even to a device protected by a password and biometrics, with all the ensuing consequences. This is all relevant, of course, if the "Always allow" option is enabled.

The ADB AppControl function encrypts the adb key and thus closes this dangerous vulnerability. By enabling it, you can safely remember the debugging permission for an unlimited number of your android devices and do not worry that someone else will be able to access them. In the near future, I plan to describe the work of protection in more detail.

I hope you get the general idea.
    But this is an experimental feature. And this means that it may be removed in the next updates. Its further fate depends on your feedback. I understand that it is not for everyone, and for the majority it will definitely not be useful. If you think otherwise, write your opinion in the comments.
    You can download the new version here, from the official website, or update from the program.

DOWNLOAD
    🚀Update 1.6.1 is already available!

Changelog:
    • Checkboxes are returned!
    • Checked apps are now highlighted
    • Fixed a critical performance bug
    • Fixed a bug when the menu did not display the number of selected applications
    • Icons are now stored in the user folder, not in the program folder
    • Updated apk icons
    scr1.jpg

Please share your impressions and bugs (if you find them) ;)

DOWNLOAD
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone