[TOOL] ADB AppControl 1.8.3 🚀 Ultimate App Manager & Debloat Tool + Tweaks

Search This thread

Cyber.Cat

May 24, 2020
adbappcontrol.com
@Cyber.Cat Thank you for this awesome utility! Keep up the great work!

Happily donated to support this!!
Thanks for the your support! It's always nice👍
I have 2 different laptops. Can I use the same keyfile on both of these or 1st disable key on one system ? These are redundant backup systems, so as to have identical installs on both.
For everything to work well (without blocking), just use 1 key on 1 computer in one time;)

rogerinnyc

Feb 1, 2006
OnePlus 9 Pro
This is a lovely app, and well worth the $7 to support the developer. Thank you! I prefer having a disabler on my phone, but they are buggy in terms of whether they always work, or their Knox license is revoked, etc. Keep up the good work!

• Love
Reactions: Cyber.Cat

billubakra

Sep 1, 2012
Hi Brother,

Few queries-

1. I am using Windows 10. Have enabled usb debugging, dev mode is on. Using ADB AppControl v1.6.1. Samsung USB drivers are installed, installed them few years back. Is there any need to install the adb driver or is that specifically for Windows 7?

2. Say we disable or uninstall few system apps, bixby and what not then will the ota updates still work? Want to remove everything related to bixby and map the button to something else.

3. Trying to uninstall few preinstalled apps but getting this what is the meaning of failure of device and will it really wipe the data?

4. If point 2 and 3 will cause the failure of device or wiping of data then shouldn't one simply disable these apps from the app manager itself?

5. Have you listed the apps/processes somewhere which are safe to remove?

6. Are you accepting payments from the PlayStore, by listing say some simple abcd app, for ADB AppControl? The currency conversion charges are insane for Fast Spring and Plati Market from my card.

Cyber.Cat

May 24, 2020
adbappcontrol.com
Hi Brother,

Few queries-

1. I am using Windows 10. Have enabled usb debugging, dev mode is on. Using ADB AppControl v1.6.1. Samsung USB drivers are installed, installed them few years back. Is there any need to install the adb driver or is that specifically for Windows 7?

2. Say we disable or uninstall few system apps, bixby and what not then will the ota updates still work? Want to remove everything related to bixby and map the button to something else.

3. Trying to uninstall few preinstalled apps but getting this what is the meaning of failure of device and will it really wipe the data?

4. If point 2 and 3 will cause the failure of device or wiping of data then shouldn't one simply disable these apps from the app manager itself?

5. Have you listed the apps/processes somewhere which are safe to remove?

6. Are you accepting payments from the PlayStore, by listing say some simple abcd app, for ADB AppControl? The currency conversion charges are insane for Fast Spring and Plati Market from my card.
Hi, I highly recommend reading the user manual at the link

1) Usually the driver is only required for Windows 7 and 8

2) There should be no problems after the update

3) This is a warning message, nothing more. If you disable an important system application, then a factory reset may be required to restore the system.

4) Yes, use the basic and safe levels of AppControl Debloat Wizard.

5) It will not be beneficial to anyone. The Google Play commission is 30% for developers.

I keep looking for a convenient payment solution because I cannot accept paypal directly anymore. I would be glad to any advice!

Reactions: billubakra

billubakra

Sep 1, 2012
Hi, I highly recommend reading the user manual at the link

1) Usually the driver is only required for Windows 7 and 8

2) There should be no problems after the update

3) This is a warning message, nothing more. If you disable an important system application, then a factory reset may be required to restore the system.

4) Yes, use the basic and safe levels of AppControl Debloat Wizard.

5) It will not be beneficial to anyone. The Google Play commission is 30% for developers.

I keep looking for a convenient payment solution because I cannot accept paypal directly anymore. I would be glad to any advice!

Thanks. Will go through the manual and will get back.

1, 2, 4 Thanks.

3. How does one make sure if the factory reset will be required or not? Have no time to take the back up and then restoring it if there's a need so just making sure.

5. I have no idea but the payment modes that you have mentioned are giving crazy currency conversion charges. Maybe transferwise if it suits you.

Last edited:

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011
I just want to say that I had seen quite a lot of mention of your program of late. That said, after another "experience" with Package Disabler Pro (which I had been a subscriber prior to you developing the program) I decided to give yours a shot. I knew I did not need to get the Extended version but since you clearly do a bang up job of supporting people I thought it would only be fair to make a donation.

One question. I dislike using my Visa and generally always use American Express. I ended up going with FastSpring which gave me the opportunity to pay with Paypal (and American Express). I know it is more expensive but I hope at the end of the day you get paid a reasonable portion of my fee.

billubakra

Sep 1, 2012
I just want to say that I had seen quite a lot of mention of your program of late. That said, after another "experience" with Package Disabler Pro (which I had been a subscriber prior to you developing the program) I decided to give yours a shot. I knew I did not need to get the Extended version but since you clearly do a bang up job of supporting people I thought it would only be fair to make a donation.

One question. I dislike using my Visa and generally always use American Express. I ended up going with FastSpring which gave me the opportunity to pay with Paypal (and American Express). I know it is more expensive but I hope at the end of the day you get paid a reasonable portion of my fee.
Touche. I too want to support him but the inr to usd conversion rates are like 4x. I think it's Visa's fault.

billubakra

Sep 1, 2012
Thanks. Will go through the manual and will get back.

1, 2, 4 Thanks.

3. How does one make sure if the factory reset will be required or not? Have no time to take the back up and then restoring it if there's a need so just making sure.

5. I have no idea but the payment modes that you have mentioned are giving crazy currency conversion charges. Maybe transferwise if it suits you.
@Cyber.Cat Awaiting for your reply.

Cyber.Cat

May 24, 2020
adbappcontrol.com
How does one make sure if the factory reset will be required or not? Have no time to take the back up and then restoring it if there's a need so just making sure.
There is no way. Just your experience or that of other users. A factory reset is only required if the android system fails to boot (bootloop). If the system boots, but does not work stably, you will need to enable disabled or restore deleted applications.

billubakra

Sep 1, 2012
There is no way. Just your experience or that of other users. A factory reset is only required if the android system fails to boot (bootloop). If the system boots, but does not work stably, you will need to enable disabled or restore deleted applications.
Thank You. Final questions, Can't we simply disable an app, not the processes, using the appmanager? If apps like yours only disables other apps then how are people commenting that it helped them save space?

ed-gonzo

Jul 29, 2018
Thank You. Final questions, Can't we simply disable an app, not the processes, using the appmanager? If apps like yours only disables other apps then how are people commenting that it helped them save space?
If you disable or uninstall a system app, which is possible with some system apps, then you save only the ram memory, but not the system memory!
The link in the settings will remain, but will not lead to any function!
I hope That I have been able to answer your question.

Excuse my bad English

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, it's the Windows application and I do not know cases of successful work on Linux. But I have plans to make an app for Linux.
    May I kindly ask,if you are still working on this?
    Would be very much appreciated.
    I bought the Pro version of ADB AppControl a long time ago and am very happy with it. But 6 months ago I switched from Windows 11 to Linux Mint, unfortunately the program does not work under Mint.

I would very much like to see ADB AppControl software for Linux Mint as well.
    Hi, I have used it to remove Facebook it's working perfectly but after 3 weeks my phone restarted by itself and the app is back. Does anyone have an explanation of what's happening?
    Does it not uninstall the app permanently?
    There are a few components for Facebook that you need to remove. Basically, remove any app with Facebook in the file name. Usually there are 3 or 4. Major updates can reinstall apps. Just remove them again.
    Is it possible to fully remove without root?
    Yes. It was one of the first apps I removed with adb. I use Package Names to see what the apps are called that I want to remove and use adb's pm uninstall command to remove them.
    Hi, I have used it to remove Facebook it's working perfectly but after 3 weeks my phone restarted by itself and the app is back. Does anyone have an explanation of what's happening?
    Does it not uninstall the app permanently?
    AsherTech Solutions
    these are the APKs that you need to remove precisely

com.facebook.appmanager
    com.facebook.katana
    com.facebook.orca
    com.facebook.services
    com.facebook.system
    ADB AppControl 🚀
    Root is not required. Works with any Android device. Can do almost everything you dreamed about with applications.
    logo_blue_sm.png

ADB AppControl - the desktop program, that will allow you to easily manage applications on your android device. You can disable unwanted pre-installed system apps and bloatware, or install new ones using a modern graphical interface. The program includes many useful tools and tweaks which allow you to get the better experience with your device. This is exactly the tool that you will use for many years - after trying ADB AppControl you will see that working with applications via adb has never been so easy.

scr-main.jpg
    scr-tools.jpg

scr-extended.jpg
    2021-11-29_224157.jpg

System requirements: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 and .NET Framework 4.6.2 or newer.
    Device requirements: Android 6 or newer.

Works with any types of Andoird devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, watches, etc)!

NO ROOT NEEDED!

The program can grant permissions for popular applications (in two clicks!)

Features:
    • Disable and uninstall applications without root
    • Multiple apps installing
    • Saving APK files of installed apps
    • Full Split Support (.apks)
    • Debloat wizard
    • Permissions Manager
    • Permission grants for popular applications (Tasker, MacroDroid, etc.) App List.
    • Saving and loading applications list-presets
    • Quick search on Google Play, ApkMirror, F-Droid and others
    • Changing the screen resolution and DPI
    • Hiding icons in the status bar
    • Device remotely control via scrcpy
    • Creating screenshots of the device screen
    • Quick reboot in recovery and bootloader
    • ADB console with quick commands
    • Fastboot support
    • Logcat logs
    • Simple file upload
    • Taking screenshots
    And much more features now and coming soon!

Links and Manuals:

Quick start: Launch program, enable usb debugging on the your device and connect it by usb cable to PC. Click the Enable Network Debuging button (upper right corner) to connect to the device over the network.

Official website

YouTube channel

Telegram group

User's Manual

Important:

On PCs with Windows 7/8, if your device can not connect via usb, you need to install the adb driver. You can learn more in documentation.

Support device with android version below 7 may be limited.

To connect to the device by IP
    , first connect it via usb to the program and click the Enable Network Debugging button.

When you connect the device for the first time, the program will prompt you to install the ACBridge application.
    This is my service application for android to provide data exchange between the device and ADB AppControl on a PC. It must be installed in order to be able to display application icons and their names, instead of their packages names like com.android.app. You can also use the program without ACBridge, but you will lose some of the cool features (no icons and no application names). Now ACBridge comes with the main program, but in the future I plan to add it to the Play Market.

The program has an Extended version with interesting features.
    It was created especially for those users who like the program and want more features.

ADB AppControl collects anonymous usage statistics.
    The anonymous data that's can being collected: Android device model, Android version, packages that have been disabled. This anonymous data help me to make ADB AppControl better.

Terms of Use

By using this program, you agree that the author is not responsible for any malfunction of your device and / or denial of warranty by manufacturer. ADB AppControl program is free for personal use. This is not an open-source project, therefore modification of the program is prohibited. All rights to the program belong only to its author. You may placing the program on other web resource, with a link to the program's website - https://adbappcontrol.com

When using this software, the following anonymous data may be collected, transmitted to a remote server and processed:
    - Android device model, Android system version, list of applications that have been disabled or removed on this device using this software.

Full text of Terms of Use

My other application for Android TV:
    ADB TV: App Manager
    adbtv_logo_100.png

Please leave your feedback and suggestions. I really appreciate it!

Update 1.8.3 is already available!

Download ADB AppControl

Hi, everyone!
    I continue to work on update 1.6.3 and has already made some important fixes.
    A new option will also be added - Accurate application sizes. Now ADB AppControl gets applications using adb shell dumpsys diskstats command. It does not always provide actual app sizes and may not work on some devices. Now it will be possible to get current sizes directly via acbridge.

2021-04-27_151612.jpg
    🚀 ADB AppControl 1.8.0 update
    Many fixes, including the scrcpy installation. A new Process Manager has been added. It shows the applications running on your device and their % RAM consumption. The Process Manager turned out even more interesting than I thought it would. While still in the development phase, I used it to detect and disable several background apps on my devices.

Changelog:
    - Fixed scrcpy installation
    - Fixed bug with auto-permissions
    - Fixed a rare bug with device connection
    - Fixed problem with ACBridge installation on some devices
    - NEW! Process Manager (Extended version only)
    - In the preset file, the list of packages is now sorted

As always, you can update from the program.

⬇️ DOWNLOAD ⬇️

Respectfully,
    Cyber.Cat
    Dear friends!
    🌎 Today, the 1st year anniversary as ADB AppControl released on XDA.
    For me it became an important day, because it was August 15, 2020 an international release of ADB AppControl occurred, and I remember how excited I was that day. Development began in May 2020 and it was a small project for me and my friends from 4pda forum. But users really liked my program and I must had to share it with the whole world. I want to express gratitude to those who are all this time supported me - with your support we have this powerful and useful tool now.

Also, thanks to the great XDA forum - you are awesome, guys!

If you are interested, then under the spoiler you can look at the first versions of ADB AppControl.
    Sorry, that is not English, then I have not yet knew that thousands of people around the world will be used by my program.

This is the 1.0 version. It doesn't look good, but it really works!
    1_1-3.jpg
    1_1-1.jpg

In the 1.2 I improved the design and fixed some bugs (and added new)
    1_2_3-1.jpg
    1_2_3-2.jpg

You are lucky, here on the XDA you immediately saw version 1.4 with icons and app names :)
    en1.jpg
    ext1.jpg

Now we have the modern looking 1.6.5 version with useful Debloat Wizard and many other great features.
    2021-08-15_164953.jpg

However, I don't plan on stopping. I will go further and make this tool even better. I have gained a lot of invaluable experience during this year and now I can do much more!

I also made a Special Edition of ADB AppControl especially to the anniversary.
    This is the common 1.6.5 with a modified "retro" design. Just download the file, unzip and place .exe file in the folder with ADB AppControl 1.6.5. Run it and enjoy!

2021-08-15_154936.jpg

Thank you for using ADB AppControl!
    Respectfully,
    Cyber.Cat.
    🚀 ADB AppControl 1.8.3
    That's it! I know many have been waiting for this update to be able to easily connect to their devices wirelessly (hello smart watches!). You no longer need a cable to connect to Android 11+ devices, just pairing once and enabling wireless debugging. To make sure everything goes well, I have prepared a guide with pictures for you (almost a comic book).

Screenshot 10-16-2023 15.04.32.png

Quick Guide:
    On the device - developer options - wireless debugging (over Wi-Fi) - connect using code.
    In AppControl - click on the new button in the upper right corner and follow the instructions

Changelog:
    - Adb and fastboot updated to 34.0.4
    - Added the pairing feature for devices with Android 11 and newer.
    - From now you can install multiple apk-file using "Quick Install" button by holding CTRL button (Extended).
    - Fixed the old bug with the search field.
    - Optimized the icons storage.
    - Other minor changes.

As always, you can install the update from the application

DOWNLOAD

Respectfully,
    Cyber.Cat