Development [TOOL] All-in-One tool for Windows. Wear OS Tools v8.0

Search This thread

H0m3r03

Dec 9, 2022
LG Nexus 5X
Google Pixel 2
Das Tool hat mir heute sehr weitergeholfen. Ich habe bei meiner Pixel Watch eine ältere Uhren App installiert damit mein Wecker automatisch mit angeht. Habe Anfangs feststellen müssen, dass ich den Sound davon nicht ändern konnte, mithilfe des Tools war dies ein Kinderspiel. Schnell eine mp3 aufgenommen in der nichts zu hören war und diese in wenigen Sekunden auf der Uhr aktiv gewesen. Jetzt ist sie stumm und vibriert nur beim Wecker so wie ich es wollte. Vielen Dank für dieses Nützliche Tool.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Nintendo Switch
OnePlus 7T
What the above poster said,

The tool helped me a lot today. I installed an older clock app on my Pixel Watch so that my alarm goes off automatically. At first I had to realize that I couldn't change the sound of it, with the help of the tool this was child's play. Quickly recorded an mp3 in which nothing could be heard and it was active on the clock in a few seconds. Now it is mute and only vibrates when the alarm goes off like I wanted it to. Thank you for this useful tool.

bernarbernuli

Aug 26, 2010
Vigo
www.htcmania.com
No matter how many times I've attempted it, I could never get the "force pairing without resetting option" to work. Any suggestions for that?

For now, I have not found a solution, this option works correctly on Wear OS 2 devices, but it seems that on Wear OS 3 watches it does not, probably the data for pairing the watch with the phone is somewhere other than the "com.google.android.gms" package, since entering the following command does not delete them (if it does on Wear OS 2). The solution would come by finding the package containing the bluetooth pairing.

Code:
adb shell pm clear com.google.android.gms

bernarbernuli

Aug 26, 2010
Vigo
www.htcmania.com
Yup, I've tried running the commands used in the app, manually, to no avail.

I wonder what the "Pixel-specific" features in the optimization menu will be, though.

Here's a hint. If you find any optimization suitable for the watch, spread the word.

bernarbernuli

Aug 26, 2010
Vigo
www.htcmania.com
Hello, I update the tool:

• Added "Advanced Reset Options" (in option 7)
  • Added "Enable/Disable apps" (in option 1)
  • Added option to list system apps, user apps, enabled and disabled apps (in option 1)
  • Added separate window for listings (in option 1 and option 4)
  • Improved function to use PC keyboard (in option 7)
  • Improved function for sending/receiving files (in option 3)

Aug 5, 2022
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Please can you show me how to send music from my windows 10 laptop to my galaxy watch 4 using your program?

Hi there
I was trying out you program but this is what happened.
What does this mean and how do I solve it?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-05 235819.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-05 235819.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2023-01-06 000029.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-06 000029.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 9

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Do you mean uninstall? If so, the option next to the option you chose to install.
I figured it out.

I did notice that after trying to change the ringtone and notification sound (which didn't work) I could not get into the Sound settings on my watch, I would get a blank screen. Even though changing the tones didn't work I had to change them back to stock to get the Sound settings to show up again.

bernarbernuli

Aug 26, 2010
Vigo
www.htcmania.com
Hello, I have updated the tool:
  • Added option to debug by Bluetooth in older watches, as Moto 360 Gen 1 or Sony Smartwatch 3 (in previous connection).
  • Added option to repair synchronization in old watches (in option 7.5)
  • Added option of links for reference such as news about Wear OS, firmware table... (in option 7.6)
  • Added guide to download and install AOSP Wi-Fi Keyboard (in option 7.2)
  • Added guide to download and install NavExplorer (in option 3)
  • Improved wired connection with USB debugging (on previous connection)
  • Correction of bugs
  • Debugged code

Nekromantik

I hope we find a way to force re connect to new watch
I think due to weros app no longer being used and now it uses quick connect via the Pixel Watch app then its not as simple as it used to be. Not many devs care about watches so I think we wont find soloution. Only if Google add it as a feature.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update

I have added a feature that I find very interesting, and at least for me very useful, it is a tool that automatically extracts from the APKs for the phone the version for Wear OS. This system of including the APK for the watch was the system used until March 2021 by all developers so that their APP could be installed from the Play Store of the watch, from that date more or less developers no longer do so. The case that if you install apps that for various reasons are no longer in the Play Store is very possible that this tool is useful for you. It does the same function as the Wear Installer app, but from the PC.

The tool allows you to scan the APK you want, and checks that the APK for the watch is inside, extracts it and installs it automatically on the watch.

In addition to this feature, I have added an enhancement for the one who prefers the ringtone and notification and alarm sounds muted.

Changelog:
    • Added tool to get APK for Wear OS from "legacy" APK files for the phone (in option 7.7)
    • Added tool to get APK for Wear OS in bulk (in option 7.8)
    • Added option to set ringtone and watch sounds to mute (in option 4)
    • Bug fix when installing APKs (now the APK is not kept in the watch, avoiding it to occupy space).
    • Fixed several bugs
    • Added option to debug by Bluetooth in older watches, as Moto 360 Gen 1 or Sony Smartwatch 3 (in previous connection).
    • Added option of links for reference such as news about Wear OS, firmware table... (in option 7.6)
    • Correction of bugs
    • Debugged code
    I hope we find a way to force re connect to new watch
    I think due to weros app no longer being used and now it uses quick connect via the Pixel Watch app then its not as simple as it used to be. Not many devs care about watches so I think we wont find soloution. Only if Google add it as a feature.
    The Pixel Watch app needs refining as it doesn't have the feature that displays the watch storage as its counterpart has.
    All-in-One tool for Windows. Wear OS Tools v8.0

It's a tool for use with any Wear OS watch. I am releasing today an improved and optimized version with several new features.

What does it do?

It is an All-in-One tool for Windows that makes it easy to do certain things with the watch, such as:
    • Send files to the watch such as MP3s, images, PDFs, or download files contained in the watch.

• Install applications (Sideload).

• Install applications in bulk

• Uninstall apps of watch.

• Enable/disable Watch apps

• Extract all the apps you have installed on the watch and mass restore them when necessary (Backup/Restore).

• Get APK for Wear OS from "legacy" APK files for the phone. [new]

• Get APK for Wear OS in bulk. [new]

• Change ringtone, notification sound and alarm sound of the watch.

• Mute ringtone, notification sounds, and alarm watch. [new]

• Change screen density

• Change font size.

• Use the computer keyboard to type on the watch.

• Force pairing the watch with Bluetooth without resetting to factory defaults.

• Repair synchronization in old watches such as Moto 360 Gen 1 or Sony Smartwatch 3.

• Enter ADB commands via command line

• Perform advanced reboot (Recovery Mode and Bootloader Mode)

• Take screenshots of the watch screen, and send them directly to the PC (Screenshot).

• Record the watch screen, and send it directly to the PC in MP4 format (Screen record).

• Optimize the Watch.

• View watch information such as serial number, build version, Android version, resolution, battery status...

• Connection to the watch can be made via Wi-Fi, via Bluetooth or via USB cable. [new]

Changelog:
    • v1.0 (Feb 13, 2021) - Initial version
    • v1.1 (Feb 21, 2021) - Compiled again with Pro version of the EXE converter.
    • v2.0 (May 19, 2022) - Added new features (backup and restore tool, screen recorder and watch information)
    • v3.0 (Aug 27, 2022) - Added new functions (Change font size, change watch sounds), debugged code, optimized menus
    • v3.1 (Aug 30, 2022) - Fixed bug in option to change ringtones and sounds.
    • v4.0 (Oct 15, 2022) - Added new function (optimize Watch) and restructured main menu.
    • v5.0 (Nov 05, 2022):
      - Added "Install apps in bulk" (in option 1)
      - Added "Enter ADB commands via command line" (in option 7)
      - Added "Restore optimizations to default values" (in option 8)
      - Added help option to get IP address and secure Wi-Fi network (in tool startup)
      - Improved optimization tool (redesigned and more detailed info)
    • v6.0 (Jan 02, 2023):
      - Added "Advanced Reset Options" (in option 7)
      - Added "Enable/Disable apps" (in option 1)
      - Added option to list system apps, user apps, enabled and disabled apps (in option 1)
      - Added separate window for listings (in option 1 and option 4)
      - Improved function to use PC keyboard (in option 7)
      - Improved function for sending/receiving files (in option 3)
    • v7.0 (Jan 09, 2023):
      - Added option to debug by Bluetooth in older watches, as Moto 360 Gen 1 or Sony Smartwatch 3 (in previous connection).
      - Added option to repair synchronization in old watches (in option 7.5)
      - Added option of links for reference such as news about Wear OS, firmware table... (in option 7.6)
      - Added guide to download and install AOSP Wi-Fi Keyboard (in option 7.2)
      - Added guide to download and install NavExplorer (in option 3)
      - Improved wired connection with USB debugging (on previous connection)
      - Correction of bugs
      - Debugged code
    • v8.0 (Jan 23, 2023):
      - Added tool to get APK for Wear OS from "legacy" APK files for the phone (in option 7.7)
      - Added tool to get APK for Wear OS in bulk (in option 7.8)
      - Added option to set ringtone and watch sounds to mute (in option 4)
      - Bug fix when installing APKs (now the APK is not kept in the watch, avoiding it to occupy space).
      - Fixed several bugs

Requirements
    • Windows O.S.

• Have the ADB drivers installed. Here is the link to download them. During installation, make sure to enable the "Add to System Path Environment" option. Here you have more information about ADB drivers.

• Connect the watch and the phone to the same Wi-Fi network.

• Enable debugging over Wi-Fi on the watch. On the watch, go to Settings > system > About and tap "Build Number" several times until you see a message that says "you are now a developer". Then go to Settings > developer options and enable "ADB debugging" and "Debugging over Wi-Fi".

Considerations
    • The tool is available in English (EN) and Spanish (ES).

• To find out the IP address of the watch, just go to "Debugging over Wi-Fi" in Settings > developer options. Under that option, you will see the IP. You can also see it in Settings > Connectivity > Wi-Fi > "Your Wi-Fi network".

• You can connect the watch by USB cable, by Bluetooth or by Wi-Fi network.

• Wear OS watches are a bit unstable to stay connected to the Wi-Fi network especially if it is connected by Bluetooth with the phone, to make sure it connects smoothly when using the tool enable the "Enable Wi-Fi automatically when charging" option in Settings > developer options, and plug the watch to the charger. Another trick is to momentarily deactivate Bluetooth in the watch, the Wi-Fi network will be activated in a few seconds.

• When you have finished, turn off "ADB debugging" on the watch, otherwise it will drain your watch battery...

Where to download?

Wear OS Tool v8.0

Method
    1. Download and unzip in a folder the file from the "Where to download" section.

2. Make sure you meet all the points in the "requirements" section.

3. Locate the IP address of the watch as explained in the "considerations" section.

4. Run Wear OS Tools and enter the IP address.

5. A notification will probably appear on the watch asking "Allow debugging?", select "Always allow from this computer".

6. In the tool, choose a function to run and follow the instructions on the screen.
    allow-debugging-wearos.jpg

To-Do
    • Force pairing with Wear OS 3 watches

• Improve optimization tool with more optimization tasks (any suggestions from this thread for Samsung Galaxy devices or this thread for Pixel devices?).

• Porting code to linux (Shell-Script)
    wearostools8a.JPG

wearostools8c.JPG

wearostools8b.JPG

I share this tool for free, to code the tool as it is now having taken me quite some time, I just ask for some feedback for the one who download it and try it.

If you are going to use it, please comment what you think or what bugs you see or what new features you suggest. Any opinion is interesting.

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Version: v8.0
    Release Date: 13/02/2021
    Last Update Date: 23/01/2023
    New update

I have added a feature that I find very interesting, and at least for me very useful, it is a tool that automatically extracts from the APKs for the phone the version for Wear OS. This system of including the APK for the watch was the system used until March 2021 by all developers so that their APP could be installed from the Play Store of the watch, from that date more or less developers no longer do so. The case that if you install apps that for various reasons are no longer in the Play Store is very possible that this tool is useful for you. It does the same function as the Wear Installer app, but from the PC.

The tool allows you to scan the APK you want, and checks that the APK for the watch is inside, extracts it and installs it automatically on the watch.

In addition to this feature, I have added an enhancement for the one who prefers the ringtone and notification and alarm sounds muted.

Changelog:
    • Added tool to get APK for Wear OS from "legacy" APK files for the phone (in option 7.7)
    • Added tool to get APK for Wear OS in bulk (in option 7.8)
    • Added option to set ringtone and watch sounds to mute (in option 4)
    • Bug fix when installing APKs (now the APK is not kept in the watch, avoiding it to occupy space).
    • Fixed several bugs

• Added "Advanced Reset Options" (in option 7)
    • Added "Enable/Disable apps" (in option 1)
    • Added option to list system apps, user apps, enabled and disabled apps (in option 1)
    • Added separate window for listings (in option 1 and option 4)
    • Improved function to use PC keyboard (in option 7)
    • Improved function for sending/receiving files (in option 3)
    • Added "Install apps in bulk" (in option 1)
    • Added "Enter ADB commands via command line" (in option 7)
    • Added "Restore optimizations to default values" (in option 8)
    • Added help option to get IP address and secure Wi-Fi network (in tool startup)
    • Improved optimization tool (redesigned and more detailed info)

• Correction of bugs
    • Debugged code