[Tool][Android 2.1+] AndroidSMS

Search This thread

Mrc527

Mar 28, 2011
Milan
www.kernel-xp.net
AndroidSMS let the user to read and write SMS from pc!

To use this application you need the android application and a client software on your pc.

The pc software is a C# application, built to run on Windows systems, but users report that it works well on Linux and OSX, through the MONO framework.

As you can see in screenshots: YES, it is Android 4 (ICS) compatible!

Features:
  • Wi-Fi and USB connection.
  • Conversation-like layout
  • Show the last message per conversation
  • Open conversations with contacts from phone or for direct entry of the number
  • Notice of non-delivery (Like lost connectivity)

PC Application, version 0.0.24. New features:
  • Notification sound support! Select from "Options" menu!
  • Contact bug fixed!
  • Other bugfix!

Work in Progress:
  • Replace ADB with a library to manage the phone (link). Thanks regaw_leinad!
  • Bluetooth support
  • SMS Backup: save all messages on the PC, to restore them in the future
  • Complete multiplatform support for the client application: we need to test on real OSX and Linux machines (I have only VM's now)
  • Traffic Encrypt & Authentication
  • MMS Support
  • Light&Sound notifications

Tested devices:
The application works properly on all Android devices 2.1 +, but was tested on the following devices:
  • HTC Desire Z
  • Google Galaxy Nexus
  • Google Nexus S
  • LG Optimus One
  • Samsung Galaxy S2
  • Samsung Galaxy ACE

The Android application is in the market, here you can download.

Here you can find the PC Client:
Download

Screenshots :

Remember, if you like this application, rate and review it! Thanks!

Last edited:

randolph2000

Dec 10, 2008
Manila
im running on MAC OSX Lion. I could help you on developing on your application by sending errors codes or alike if you want to. Im interested in your project.

Mrc527

Mar 28, 2011
Milan
www.kernel-xp.net
desktop app not working on Windows 7 64 bit.
Giving me an Error aswell. am on XP SP3.

Ok, try now. It was a setup problem, I hope... :p Just uninstall, download the new package and install from setup.exe

The client software for desktop, does it work for all versions of windows? Or just Windows 7? I have Windows XP and Windows 7. Not sure if it'll work on both.

The windows application has been developed on Windows 7 (64bit) and successfully tested on Windows Vista and Windows XP, even if on XP there are no icons (I dunno why).

im running on MAC OSX Lion. I could help you on developing on your application by sending errors codes or alike if you want to. Im interested in your project.

Oh yeah! that would be great! Now i'm a little busy but i'm sure we can find some time to test MONO over OSX.

Mrc527

Mar 28, 2011
Milan
www.kernel-xp.net
Is there anyone who offers to take a test in linux?
I need to understand how it behaves and how to integrate ADB, for this platform. My VM fights with the USB connection:D

BTW, new versions are available!

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
Floating windows on the desktop is bad practice, you will get much better mileage with a tabbed interface for this. Also, contact sync and edit would be awesome

Reactions: Mrc527

Mrc527

Mar 28, 2011
Milan
www.kernel-xp.net
Floating windows on the desktop is bad practice, you will get much better mileage with a tabbed interface for this. Also, contact sync and edit would be awesome

Yeah, thanks for your suggestion, I know the future is a tabbed interface and i'm working on it. Next release will have that feature!

What do you mean with "contact sync"? I already get contact informations from the phone to display names in the message window. And for the contact edit yeah, il would be awesome, but needs extra time that now I don't have. But next month I'll work on. :D

Bye!

Trainer_H

Jul 4, 2007
The PC Client didn't work on WIN XP. They would like to send an error message, if i try to start the Client.

Mrc527

Mar 28, 2011
Milan
www.kernel-xp.net
Well, i've testet an old build on WindowsXP and it worked. But I've not a machine running XP, so I've only VM's to test.

So, tonight i'll test and i'll see if there is any issue with that OS.

BTW, please, upgrade to a new and more secure OS :D

The Jell

Aug 11, 2007
Contacts not syncing

Do numbers in my contacts need to be formatted any special way? Sometimes the name will show in the conversations view as well as their phone number. It shows the conversations in two different places, one is not associated with the contact's name, so you see their number instead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AndroidSMS let the user to read and write SMS from pc!

To use this application you need the android application and a client software on your pc.

The pc software is a C# application, built to run on Windows systems, but users report that it works well on Linux and OSX, through the MONO framework.

As you can see in screenshots: YES, it is Android 4 (ICS) compatible!

Features:
    • Wi-Fi and USB connection.
    • Conversation-like layout
    • Show the last message per conversation
    • Open conversations with contacts from phone or for direct entry of the number
    • Notice of non-delivery (Like lost connectivity)

PC Application, version 0.0.24. New features:
    • Notification sound support! Select from "Options" menu!
    • Contact bug fixed!
    • Other bugfix!

Work in Progress:
    • Replace ADB with a library to manage the phone (link). Thanks regaw_leinad!
    • Bluetooth support
    • SMS Backup: save all messages on the PC, to restore them in the future
    • Complete multiplatform support for the client application: we need to test on real OSX and Linux machines (I have only VM's now)
    • Traffic Encrypt & Authentication
    • MMS Support
    • Light&Sound notifications

Tested devices:
    The application works properly on all Android devices 2.1 +, but was tested on the following devices:
    • HTC Desire Z
    • Google Galaxy Nexus
    • Google Nexus S
    • LG Optimus One
    • Samsung Galaxy S2
    • Samsung Galaxy ACE

The Android application is in the market, here you can download.

Here you can find the PC Client:
    Download

Screenshots :

Remember, if you like this application, rate and review it! Thanks!
    Bug:
    It seems that the PC client only find the name of the contact if the number is in this format:
    ty for reporting this
    we are investigating on it

Feature-request:
    It would be awesome if the client would minimize to system tray instead of the taskbar.

Good idea, next rel will have this feature :)
    The PC-client still have the bug i described above, but I guess you haven't tried to solve that issue yet?

Exactly. I'm now busy with a partial protocol rewrite, to improve perfomances and assure correct multiplatform execution.

Next step would be your bug, I hope to find a fix in a short time, to release all this things together.

Bye!
    Can you send me an example? Without x, with real numbers, so I can understand better.
    Thanks! :D

Check your PM! :)