[TOOL - AT&T - 5/14] - CleanTOOL 1.1 -★| De-Bloat! | Easy! | Non Destructive! | ★-

Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Awesome man! What did you do with your Rezound btw? Still developing for it?

Yep, keeping it. I still have active service on it. I will still be pushing regular weekly / bi-weekly updates.

Nice tool! But I think it would be nicer if we have an option to just remove them

Its not the intent of the tool. I will consider doing a "destructive" removal tool but for now, I am content with the status of the tool.

inktimi

Mar 3, 2011
I agree that I'd like to be able to remove the bloat forever. This is a great tool for now though - very simple to use. Bravo!

The bigest single downside is that the Play Store is still prompting me to update all the apps that I disabled. Sort of annoying, but not really your fault :\

kyan~

Mar 24, 2012
Frisco, TX
I agree that I'd like to be able to remove the bloat forever. This is a great tool for now though - very simple to use. Bravo!

The bigest single downside is that the Play Store is still prompting me to update all the apps that I disabled. Sort of annoying, but not really your fault :\

whats more annoying is the history of really old apps i will never use still there

Nate731

Feb 25, 2006
Springfield, IL
Has anyone tried using this with the build that shipped with the phone and not the leaked RUU? If so, did it work?

Tiffany, Mine was still on a ROOTED stock room when I ran the Option 5, but it was flawless. As an update for all, I have since updated to the 1.82 version that the OP mentioned in his post, cleaned user data, and de-bloated again. After 24 hours or so, updates on some disabled apps were detected. I have updated all the apps, and they stayed disabled. So again, Scott ROCKS!

david_ag

Feb 10, 2009
Miami, FL
I ran the tool, perfect no issues at all. Question, I want to enable myATT, can I do it easily? (I mean not having to re-bloat, modify the script and de-bloat except that app)?

Scott

This doesn't allow wifi tethering. Any chance you could add this to the tool?

I dont understand your question? Did I disable the ATT Tether by mistake?

Tiffany, Mine was still on a ROOTED stock room when I ran the Option 5, but it was flawless. As an update for all, I have since updated to the 1.82 version that the OP mentioned in his post, cleaned user data, and de-bloated again. After 24 hours or so, updates on some disabled apps were detected. I have updated all the apps, and they stayed disabled. So again, Scott ROCKS!

Cool!

I ran the tool, perfect no issues at all. Question, I want to enable myATT, can I do it easily? (I mean not having to re-bloat, modify the script and de-bloat except that app)?

Yes, open a command prompt that has adb access and type:

"adb shell su -c pm enable com.att.myWireless"

and that should turn back on My ATT. I may leave that on in the next iteration.

Last edited:
Reactions: david_ag

-Puck-

Nov 29, 2011
This script is very handy for a quick clean-up.

For those that don't mind being a little more destructive, Root Uninstaller can completely remove the disabled apps for those who want the .apks gone. Be careful in it though, you can easily mess stuff up by deleting a neccesary service/apk file so stick to ones that have been disabled by this program, or disable it first and reboot to make sure it isn't showing any bad side effects before actually uninstalling.

david_ag

Feb 10, 2009
Miami, FL

"abd shell su -c pm enable com.att.myWireless"

For those who might not see it, it should be "adb shell su -c pm enable com.att.myWireless"

(abd typo)

Thank you so much Sir! Extremely helpful.

Last edited:

Scott

Just made a minor update to CleanTOOL version 1.1

Changes in this version (5/14/2012)
  • Added error trapping if incorrect selection was made
  • Added the ability to re-enable just myAT&T Wireless if desired

Thanks to the guy (dont know your XDA name) who gave me the tip on error trapping in the batch file!

EDIT:

Also put this in the OP so people know:

Note:
Apps will still show up in Market and request to be updates as normal. This is because they are still physically on the device. Updating them in Market does not re-enable the app! You can safely update the app without turning it on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loneeagle14

The_Zodiac

Aug 28, 2010
Unknown
i thought i read in the op before that this is only compatible with the new leaked version ?

not official stock currently ? is that correct or no ?

mzimmer88

Nov 2, 2010
Apologies. I meant that after running this tool, I can't use the tethering feature of the phone. Before, it would tell me to enable tethering by calling AT&T. Now it doesn't show that message or enable tethering.

Scott

i thought i read in the op before that this is only compatible with the new leaked version ?

not official stock currently ? is that correct or no ?

The OP has changed. Its compatible with both versions of ATT ROM.

Apologies. I meant that after running this tool, I can't use the tethering feature of the phone. Before, it would tell me to enable tethering by calling AT&T. Now it doesn't show that message or enable tethering.

Ahhh, I see. Yes, I will look at that tonight.

Reactions: The_Zodiac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TOOL - AT&T - 5/14] - CleanTOOL 1.1 -★| De-Bloat! | Easy! | Non Destructive! | ★-

about.png

Welcome to CleanTOOL! This is a quick little script I whipped up to clean up all the bloat on the AT&T One X. The script uses adb pm commands to disable the bloat. Bloat will NOT come back after a reboot! They are gone until hard reset or you enable them again. This does not REMOVE it only DISABLES it! It does not change or delete any system files!!!

As seen on XDA Developers Portal for the Rezound: CleanTOOL – The Relentless Pursuit of Clean!

Note:
    Apps will still show up in Market and request to be updates as normal. This is because they are still physically on the device. Updating them in Market does not re-enable the app! You can safely update the app without turning it on.

changes.png

CT1.1.png

Instructions:
    • Root device if not already Rooted! I used this method here: [ROOT] One Click HTC One X (AT&T/Rogers/Others) (Win/Mac/Linux)
    • Install HTC USB Sync Drivers if not already installed
    • Download package from download link and extract to your desktop
    • Enable USB Debugging on Phone
    • Connect Device to PC in Charge Only Mode
    • Run "CleanTOOL 1.1"
    • Choose your options
    • Enjoy bloat free goodness!

If you are on Linux and or Mac and want to port the tool to those OS'es then be my guest!

Changes in this version (5/14/2012)
    • Added error trapping if incorrect selection was made
    • Added the ability to re-enable just myAT&T Wireless if desired

If you like this Tool hit Thanks! If you love it hit Donate!

TapaTalk / XDA App users click HERE for download! Make sure you use Desktop View when browsing my site!

This tool is very simple to modify to your liking! Simply edit the batch file to add or remove lines. If you need let me know!

Packages that are disabled

AT&T Bloat
    com.yellowpages.android.ypmobile
    com.mobitv.client.tv
    com.htc.yellowpages
    com.att.myWireless
    com.android.providers.htcCheckin
    com.android.apps.tag
    com.htc.android.qxdm2sd
    com.telenav.app.android.cingular
    com.mtag.att.codescanner
    com.android.providers.syncml
    com.android.syncml.service
    com.android.syncml.settings
    com.wavemarket.waplauncher
    com.dashwire.config
    com.dashwire.config.widget
    com.cequint.ecid
    com.matchboxmobile.wisp
    com.bookmarkshortcut20120307142643617

Other Bloat
    com.mog.android
    com.amazon.kindle
    com.westtek.jcp
    com.westtek.jcpResources
    tunein.player
    com.melodis.midomiMusicIdentifier.freemium
    com.gameloft.microwidget
    Attached is a list of ALL packages!

Use with caution!
    Question, when you say "disable" you mean delete from the phone OR use the disable feature from ICS?

disable using the Android Package Manager. Similar but not the same as the feature in ICS.

No unlocked bootloader for this phone and dev support is already taking off! I'm using the Asian XL ROM, but I just wanted to say thanks to all you devs for your support.

Your welcome!

just a friendly tip,
    i think for option 6 (enable all) you meant to say "options 3 & 4" instead of "1 & 2"
    im not trying to nit-pick i just dont want anyone to claim they were confused
    thanks for the tool!

Damn, Copy and Paste kicks my ass EVERY time! lol

Just an FYI, ran the full-debloat (Option 5) on my stock ROM rooted, and the debloat ran fine. After Android came back up and displayed the GUI, The Android store began to download about 5 of the disabled APPS. I had auto update on Wifi turned on. It was easy enough to stop the download and disable auto-update on those detected apps. No biggie. Big thanks to Scott!

Ah, yes. Make sure said apps are not set to auto-download as that could re-enable them but I am not sure if it does or not. I forget. I did this on the Rezound about 6 months ago and just totally forgot about that part. I will play around more later tonight to get the exact scenarios and what to avoid doing, etc, etc.

Good Deal!

This. However they still notify you that they have updates. Maybe the op can modify the script to physically delete the .apk and .odex files!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

No the point of the tool is to keep the device able to return to stock in a jiffy. I will make more stuff soon that will be good. Just got to playin' with the phone last night about 1:00am and this was a must have for now.

IM going to use Paul's scripts and start on some custom ROMS or at a minimum get some mods going.

Also, I expect all my threads to remain civil at all times. If someone has a question that is answered in the OP I would prefer you just quote the OP or let me respond. Lets not turn things ugly over a little question.

Everyone was a newb once or missed something in an OP before. No reason to bring pitch forks! Lets have a good "Clean" time here :D
    This doesn't allow wifi tethering. Any chance you could add this to the tool?

I dont understand your question? Did I disable the ATT Tether by mistake?

Cool!

"adb shell su -c pm enable com.att.myWireless"