[TOOL][BETA11][13/04/13] APK Swapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
i found a strange bug, if you run the app as admin
you cant drag and drop a file.
but it works fine if you run it normally.
I'm pretty sure that's the way REALbasic handles it, there is a way to make it work under run as admin but I thought leaving it as a normal launch it'd be easier!

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
This looks like a great tool! Make no mistake in my inquiry below, I will be using it :D

Some questions:

How does it handle Aroma and the other "mod" installers? I have tried to manually modify Aroma based installers but since I dont know how to deal with the .xml files properly, its lead me to using blank files/folders when modifying ROM .zips...

Anyway to make it remove other stuff like languages?
I speak english only and in order to lighten any rom up I normally remove the extra languages/keyboards/dictionary's (I also remove alarms/ringtones/notifications/videos/bootanimations I dont use. An example of size difference is the almost 70Mb~ CM7.2 file you can download, I turn into a 45Mb~ file for my HeroC)

A pre-request: didnt see it in the OP or other posts, but when writing this post and thinking about it, this cool app could be made into a godsend... HOW you ask? SCRIPTING! or Repetition if you will!
What do I mean? Well I test the Nightly CM9's for my trusty VZW-GTab (OG), and each night I find myself removing all the same APK's, Music/Videos/Audio/Bootanimation/Languages over and over again...

Now I am not a developer, so feel free to swarm, but If I could I would write an automated way to do it myself :D

Anywho, Ill say it again, thanks for a pretty cool app!

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
Just updated with Beta 3. See changelog.

Also @ragapa97 it just deletes the .APK from the ROM file.

@Proz00 - Package info? Sure I'll look into it!

@Hammerfest excellent post, I'll have a look into it. Never heard of Aroma before! So I'll have to research on how to work with it instead of against it :p! Any tips?

@SilviuMik I'll sure look into it, never heard of tht format before but it should be easy-ish to implement!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Last edited:

dannyjpa

Nov 28, 2011
LIMA
Great App

Good job, but what do you think about doing this same procedure but for sbf files on original roms to free up some space from unuseful apps

bobapunk

Feb 27, 2011
Peoria, IL
I was trying to swap an APK out of a ROM for the APK in another ROM. Everything seemed to go smoothly but the New ZIP with the new name that I create is nowhere to be found... It flies right through the compile (even though it says it could take a while) but it doesn't seem to be actually creating the new ZIP anywhere....

sgs9

Nov 10, 2010
Essen
garudalinux.org
I was trying to swap an APK out of a ROM for the APK in another ROM. Everything seemed to go smoothly but the New ZIP with the new name that I create is nowhere to be found... It flies right through the compile (even though it says it could take a while) but it doesn't seem to be actually creating the new ZIP anywhere....
if i create a new folder in make prozess the same. save only in existing folder or desktop, see video. no .zip named it do it self ;-)

bobapunk

Feb 27, 2011
Peoria, IL
Sorry, I didn't really understand your last post. Either way, this is not compiling a new ZIP for me. I have tried saving to the desktop, there is still no ZIP there. It says that the file was successfully completed, but there is no ZIP file in the directory I indicated.

sgs9

Nov 10, 2010
Essen
garudalinux.org
Sorry, I didn't really understand your last post. Either way, this is not compiling a new ZIP for me. I have tried saving to the desktop, there is still no ZIP there. It says that the file was successfully completed, but there is no ZIP file in the directory I indicated.
sorry about my bad english,

first i try in new.zip building, to make a new folder (no way), second time i let the path from apk swapper, it was in the folder from apk swapper.exe with MyROM-name(without .zip) i set.

:angel: maybe the developer can help

Zaiaku

May 11, 2006
zaiaku.net
Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm trying to see all the use of this app.

Currently right now I do the same thing but just loading the file in WinRAR and delete or add apk's at will along with other stuff like host file and bootanimation you know things like that. Does this app give me something more then that? Again not trying to thread crap or anything but trying to see if this gives me something more so I can use this app instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.