[TOOL][BETA11][13/04/13] APK Swapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgs9

Nov 10, 2010
Essen
garudalinux.org
:)

Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm trying to see all the use of this app.

Currently right now I do the same thing but just loading the file in WinRAR and delete or add apk's at will along with other stuff like host file and bootanimation you know things like that. Does this app give me something more then that? Again not trying to thread crap or anything but trying to see if this gives me something more so I can use this app instead.
I think for beginners it is so easily first.

-

androidcues

Mar 6, 2010
Boston
this tool will be much more essential if it's automated to the hilt. i know exactly what needs to come out and needs to go in when i engage in crack flashing activities such as a nightly... there were over 300 nightlies for the dream_sapphire. So... with that you know you will be downloading a ROM them flashing it then garbage out and essentials in... so automate it so that when file is downloaded its run through templates and you flash it right at the finish line of nyour tool. That's a whole freaking months with of time you'd otherwise lose nitpicking at a menial task.

If I had a penny for every single music.apk I've had to annihilate..

Reactions: _Logie and Волк

Волк

Jan 7, 2012
San Diego
+1, or at least something like a last session save which automatically inserts/removes the same apps you did before.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

thx1200

Inactive Recognized Developer
This app would be amazingly handy if it had just one more feature: saving the ROM "state" so that when new versions of the same ROM came out, you could load your old state, and it would immediately know which APKs to delete and which ones to add. For APKs that store version number in the filename, like SomeCoolApp_1_0_0.apk, you could allow Regular Expressions to be defined. So if you want to exclude that app, you could define ^SomeCoolApp.*\.apk$ Which in RegEx tells APK Swapper to always exclude that app. The state files could be saved in some format that easy to parse, like XML, and we could share easy modifications to existing ROMs without having to roll up a new ROM.

If you aren't interested in implementing those features, I might be, if you feel so linclined as to share the source. ;-)

ETA: I should have skipped to the end of the thread to see others are already suggesting this. :)

Reactions: _Logie

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
Love the feedback guys!

I'm currently working on a way to auto-delete .APKs based on names. So yeah, watch this space!

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Feature request:
Please add ability to select (and delete) associated files with each apk (.lib, .odex, .js, other script and media files added into root/system/ directories). Merely deleting an apk simply does not remove the bloat it brings, only leaves orphaned files behind.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S

Last edited:
Reactions: RoyJ

chaoscreater

Jun 7, 2009
Auckland
it doesn't work, I can delete and inject my own apks but it doesn't save the changes. I tried the option to create a new rom after making my changes, and it says created successfully but I don't see anything. It says it will take a while but it just finished in 1 second or so.

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
Hi guys I've just noticed the bug in beta 3.

Today I will be releasing beta 4 which has a range of updates.

Keep your eyes peeled! No ETA yet as I'm having breakfast!

Reactions: RoyJ

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
Hmm. That's odd, it worked fine on my end with Windows 7 x64.

Got screenshots?

EDIT

I've re-uploaded Beta 4. Try again anyone who downloaded it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgs9

PacerguyDon

Mar 15, 2011
Boise
Seems to be working ok on Windows 7x64. I removed a few apks and injected a few of my regular apks. It has been in the compiling new zip mode though for about 7 minutes now and is still working...

_Logie

Jan 24, 2012
No problem SGS9.

PacerguyDon, did it eventually complete? I'm working on that issue but at the minute the UI locks up but it runs in the background. Fix coming in the next release I'd say.

Just tried this out on the stock .30 build ROM for ASUS Transformer Pad. As soon as APK Swapper starts "Reading build.prop data..." it crashes with this error:

"An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must be shut down."

Don't know how to enable debugging on this app, if there's a way please let us know...

(running Beta 4 on Windows 7 64-bit)

chaoscreater

Jun 7, 2009
Auckland
AutoDelete works, creating rom in .zip file works. So far so good.

I haven't tested the the compiled .zip rom yet, I'll post back once I do.

Oh and it may seem like the program froze or crashed while creating the rom, but just let it run for a bit and it'll finish. I waited 30s and it completed fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.