Deuces

Jun 4, 2009
Houston

This script is written for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER Google Pixel devices
Fix Bootloops
Work with any Google factory image
Unlock Bootloader
(Optional): Format Userdata

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download script: HERE
Download Factory Images: HERE
Download ADB/Fastboot: Platform Tools
Download USB Drivers: USB Drivers -- Driver Installation Video

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions:
Download the factory image, and place it with the Deuce-Flash-All script(s).
Run the script! (.bat for Windows, .sh for Linux)
(no longer necessary to unzip stuff!)

If you are having issues with this script:
Place latest fastboot/adb in folder with script and image file.
Try a different USB port
Try a different cable (preferably USB A -> USB C)
Format Userdata in Stock Recovery
Boot plain factory image before doing mods like Locking Bootloader / Kernel / TWRP / Magisk

Donations:
I am happy to give back to this great community!
I am also a new father, so if you'd like:
DONATE to the diaper fund!

DeuceBaby.jpg

Changelog:
v5.0: 05/29/2019
  • Zip files will be detected and extracted automagically!
  • Improved prompting, colors, safety, and handling of flashing process
  • Fastboot/adb inside script folder as priority, if available
  • Source control: let me know if you'd like to contribute!
  • Accepting donations to diaper fund!
  • (Windows): log files will be created automatically
  • (Linux): create log file by running "script -c ./deuce-flash-all-v5.0.sh logfile.log"

Attachments

• DeuceBaby.jpg
    DeuceBaby.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 952
Last edited:

SSJMarkelous

Aug 17, 2016
This script is for the UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER pixel2xl, and will:
  • Unlock Bootloader and Critical
  • Fix Bootloops
  • Flash both Slots A and B
  • Work with any current 8.0 or 8.1 beta image
  • Detect bootloader and radio special *.img names automagically
  • (Optional): Format Userdata
  • (Optional): Re-Lock Bootloader and Critical

You MUST extract factory image zip file
(found here: https://developers.google.com/android/images#taimen )
You also MUST extract the included zip file
This will lead to ~21 .img files in the same folder, with the deuce-flash-all script!
(See screenshot!)

I only see deuce-flash-all-v3.bat when i extract.

sixohtew

Jul 17, 2012
phoenix
holy **** man thank you so much, flashing the factory images kept failing saying the partition couldnt be found.. i thought i was going to have to send it back to google. this tool should be pinned at the top of the forum. this tool was perfect in every way.. only thing is its windows only and i tried on my dads laptop but fastboot couldnt see my pixel 2 xl, so i reinstalled windows on my main comp and bam, fastboot saw the device, and the script worked flawlessly. id be willing to work with you to port this to linux (since a lot of users have linux only systems) but yea, thank you so much

Reactions: catharsis724

Deuces

Jun 4, 2009
Houston
holy **** man thank you so much, flashing the factory images kept failing saying the partition couldnt be found.. i thought i was going to have to send it back to google. this tool should be pinned at the top of the forum. this tool was perfect in every way.. only thing is its windows only and i tried on my dads laptop but fastboot couldnt see my pixel 2 xl, so i reinstalled windows on my main comp and bam, fastboot saw the device, and the script worked flawlessly. id be willing to work with you to port this to linux (since a lot of users have linux only systems) but yea, thank you so much

Glad it helped. I'm gonna port it for Linux in a week or two. I have a couple small tweaks to make for v4. If you want to test the future port or start working on it yourself, I don't mind at all.

MariuxReloaded

Jan 16, 2014
Manfredonia
v4 uploaded, now supports Linux =]

i tested it pretty thoroughly, but let me know if yall have any problems...

Hi @Deuces :)
I'm having issues with my Pixel 2 XL when I want to flash a factory image, such as the "too many links", "no error" and "unknown error" fails through Fastboot.
I know I should try to use another cable (I've ordered an USB Type-A to Type-C cable on Amazon) and/or another USB port, but, since I've never tried your tool, could it be possible to have more chances to succeed in these operations through your script?
Thank you very much in advance ;)

EDIT:

I've tried and nothing, it doesn't work, I have to wait for the new cable :(

Last edited:

Deuces

Jun 4, 2009
Houston
Hi @Deuces :)
I'm having issues with my Pixel 2 XL when I want to flash a factory image, such as the "too many links", "no error" and "unknown error" fails through Fastboot.
I know I should try to use another cable (I've ordered an USB Type-A to Type-C cable on Amazon) and/or another USB port, but, since I've never tried your tool, could it be possible to have more chances to succeed in these operations through your script?
Thank you very much in advance ;)

EDIT:

I've tried and nothing, it doesn't work, I have to wait for the new cable :(

Do you get proper return on basic stuff like "fastboot devices"?
I have a cable that only works when I'm using a USB 2.0 port, and when the usb-c end is on a particular side. Hard to say but I think you're on the right track ordering a new cable. Did you update your Google USB drivers for fastboot?

Reactions: MariuxReloaded

MariuxReloaded

Jan 16, 2014
Manfredonia
Do you get proper return on basic stuff like "fastboot devices"?
I have a cable that only works when I'm using a USB 2.0 port, and when the usb-c end is on a particular side. Hard to say but I think you're on the right track ordering a new cable. Did you update your Google USB drivers for fastboot?

Yeah, my Google drivers are all up to date and my Pixel 2 XL can be recognized by Fastboot through "fastboot devices" (indeed I managed to unlock the bootloader and the bootloader_critical, but only after many failed attempts), so, I think that I only have to wait and try the new cable, when it arrives, and, if it doesn't work, I have to use a USB 2.0 port on another PC, since my laptop has only 3 USB 3.0 ports and one USB 3.1 port.
I've already tried to use my mom's Nexus 5X USB Type-A to Type-C cable bought on the Google Store about 2 years ago, but it failed, too, and it was even worse than the USB Type-C to Type-C cable included in my Pixel 2 XL box

-ODIN-

Sep 5, 2012
I've attempted to use this script and completed a full wipe and kept the bootloader unlocked during the process. My phone will boot but I reach an error stating "Can't load Android system". I originally tried rooting using Magisk and couldn't get past recovery, but after using your script I'm at least able to boot to a degree. Any advice on what I should do? Platform Tools are up to date and I know I have the proper boot.img.

Deuces

Jun 4, 2009
Houston
I've attempted to use this script and completed a full wipe and kept the bootloader unlocked during the process. My phone will boot but I reach an error stating "Can't load Android system". I originally tried rooting using Magisk and couldn't get past recovery, but after using your script I'm at least able to boot to a degree. Any advice on what I should do? Platform Tools are up to date and I know I have the proper boot.img.

Which image are you using? Try a full image flash with wipe and boot without doing anything else. Also, try another cable and usb2 port

Reactions: -ODIN-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I literally do not get why people bother with shared scripts.....

Every time i see it whether its here or a bootstrap script to setup a VPS, it almost always ends the same way...those who are too lazy to learn to do it manually spend 5 times the time it would have taken to do it properly and manually enter the commands, to try and troubleshoot something written by someone else, who is usually the only person who understands it, because its their logic.

Learn how to do something yourself via documented manual commands and you will never not know where things have gone wrong

30+ years of IT and im still surprised at how much time people will waste to avoid learning how to do something properly....

Thats before we even get into the fact that its 3 years old

Hot mess waiting to happen....its overly more complex than the simple method google spoonfeeds you on their website to web install....thats where the terminally lazy should be looking....

Open in Chrome or Edge:

Find your variant, click Flash....

Why you would use this convoluted script over the above, i just dont get it...
    Jesus Christ, 2 years of having taimen i do not know this lol
    Anyway big thanks to you mate for saving me countless time reading this whole thread looking for answer

This script is written for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER Google Pixel devices
    Fix Bootloops
    Work with any Google factory image
    Unlock Bootloader
    (Optional): Format Userdata

Download script: HERE
    Download Factory Images: HERE
    Download ADB/Fastboot: Platform Tools
    Download USB Drivers: USB Drivers -- Driver Installation Video

Instructions:
    Download the factory image, and place it with the Deuce-Flash-All script(s).
    Run the script! (.bat for Windows, .sh for Linux)
    (no longer necessary to unzip stuff!)

Place latest fastboot/adb in folder with script and image file.
    Try a different USB port
    Try a different cable (preferably USB A -> USB C)
    Format Userdata in Stock Recovery
    Boot plain factory image before doing mods like Locking Bootloader / Kernel / TWRP / Magisk

Donations:
    I am happy to give back to this great community!
    I am also a new father, so if you'd like:
    DONATE to the diaper fund!

DeuceBaby.jpg

Changelog:
    • (Linux): create log file by running "script -c ./deuce-flash-all-v5.0.sh logfile.log"
    as I do not accept donations, and keep getting asked for my paypal link, see OP for a link to donate to something I care about: the no-kill animal shelter that I got my dog from :)
    finally updated the v4.5 linux script to include current and backwards compatible fastboot switching commands.
    if anyone wants to beta v5.0 (windows only atm):
    https://github.com/jrmill84/Deuces-Bootloop-Recovery-Flashing-Script/tree/v5.0

direct:
    https://github.com/jrmill84/Deuces-Bootloop-Recovery-Flashing-Script/archive/v5.0.zip

major changes:
    no longer have to extract or place any zips other than the 1 big download from google.
    batch calls a powershell file to do the real work
    creates log file "deuces-script-$date--time.log"
    support for other devices... (be careful.. i only have taimen to test on atm.)
    detects if fastboot.exe/adb.exe is in script folder (priority), or system variable
    more secure way of handling (optional) format of userdata

runs fine without "run as admin" for me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone