[TOOL] Easy Kernel-Recovery Flasher

Search This thread

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
Hi..I have created this tool to help people new to Android or HTC for that matter to flash kernels and recoveries without any pain..

You put recovery.img in the Recovery folder and open Recovery-Flash.bat
And it will flash the recovery.

You put boot.img in the Kernel folder and open Kernel-Flash.bat
And it will flash the kernel.

For all flashes you need to have USB Debugging enabled and have to be booted in normal OS.
It will do everything.

MAKE SURE YOU NAME THE RECOVERY recovery.img AND THE KERNEL boot.img otherwise this ToolKit will not work.

DOWNLOADS:
http://d-h.st/TDg

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
Hoping that some developer can create a tool within the phone to flash kernel. Rather than using a PC

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

skdubg

Feb 9, 2010
that is not possible.
you dont unterstand the changes between S-ON and S-OFF

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
It Would be good to have fewer know it all smacks

you are probably related to droidrevenge aren't you? twins?

JT75

May 14, 2011
that is not possible.

It was possible on the rezound with s-on. Con247 wrote a script that turned the kernel into a ph98img.zip that was flashable in h boot then all you had to do was delete or rename the ph98img.zip

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

Reactions: baste07

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
It was possible on the rezound with s-on. Con247 wrote a script that turned the kernel into a ph98img.zip that was flashable in h boot then all you had to do was delete or rename the ph98img.zip

Good to hear that it maybe possible

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

olorolo

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh

You are correct I done it a million times that way but we were S-OFF then :(

CirgioD

May 24, 2012
Washington
Say I want to reflash any same Rom again to get back to default settings, do I have to fastboot the boot.img again, or I can just go into recovery, delete caches and dirty flash with no need for boot.img? Thanks guys :rolleyes:

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
boot.img contains the kernel if you used a diff kernel then you have to flash it again assuming you want t-o revert back to stock kernel

Reactions: CirgioD

ryanjsoo

Dec 25, 2011
Sydney
flashimagegui was an app that could flash recoveries and kernels through the phone itself, it was a great app that didn`t recquire you to boot into recovery and such, not sure it supports the one x though.

CirgioD

May 24, 2012
Washington
flashimagegui was an app that could flash recoveries and kernels through the phone itself, it was a great app that didn`t recquire you to boot into recovery and such, not sure it supports the one x though.

Remember that one, maybe have to ask Xs if compatible with X+...

lbaquerizo

Dec 22, 2009
Guayaquil
Hi..I have created this tool to help people new to Android or HTC for that matter to flash kernels and recoveries without any pain..

For all flashes you need to have USB Debugging enabled and have to be booted in normal OS.
It will do everything.

MAKE SURE YOU NAME THE RECOVERY recovery.img AND THE KERNEL boot.img otherwise this ToolKit will not work.

DOWNLOADS:
i need help flas a kernel 2 times and i lost my signal for what i saw in the boot loader was s-on

olorolo

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
This is a sweet little tool I use it to jump back and forth between twrp and cwm because this is the easiest way to do it hassle free, Thx for your work on this little gem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It will do everything.

DOWNLOADS:
    that is not possible.

boot.img contains the kernel if you used a diff kernel then you have to flash it again assuming you want t-o revert back to stock kernel