[TOOL][ETC] Nice Value Checker

Search This thread

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
Well, this is just a simple script to view Nice Value/Niceness of processes and PIDs. I made this because i can't seem to find a simple and direct way to view niceness, so I'm sharing it with you. :)

Okay, What is Nice?
nice is a program found on Unix and Unix-like operating systems such as Linux. It directly maps to a kernel call of the same name. nice is used to invoke a utility or shell script with a particular priority, thus giving the process more or less CPU time than other processes. A niceness of −20 is the highest priority and 19 is the lowest priority. The default niceness for processes is inherited from its parent process and is usually 0.

Uses and effect
nice becomes useful when several processes are demanding more resources than the CPU can provide. In this state, a higher-priority process will get a larger chunk of the CPU time than a lower-priority process. Only the superuser (root) may set the niceness to a smaller (higher priority) value. On Linux it is possible to change /etc/security/limits.conf to allow other users or groups to set low nice values.

How to Install:
  1. Download the pdf file linked below
  2. This needs busybox so you gotta have one - tip: use @YashdSaraf's
  3. Move it in '/system/bin' or '/system/xbin'
  4. Rename to niceness (or anything you want)
  5. Set permissions to 755

How to Use:
Open Terminal Emulator or adb shell
Code:
niceness (name of the running process/pid)
BOOM!

Download
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224394124

Top Liked Posts