[Tool] Frija - Samsung firmware downloader/checker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

invmini

Feb 20, 2018
Duplicate thread closed
https://xdaforums.com/s10-plus/how-to/tool-frija-samsung-firmware-downloader-t3910594

Hey Guys :)

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

* Improved firmware search.
* Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
* Updated some message strings displayed to user

* Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
* Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

* Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
* New Settings option
* Removed support message feature and added new Issue Tracker URL
* Overall UI improvement
* Added setting to disable CRC check

Last edited by a moderator:

MedoooMedooo

Jun 12, 2018
Great work, i would suggest this features too:
- minimize button.
- download percentage.
- showing device name, after typing the model number, Ex: SM-G960F -> Galaxy S9.
Thanks

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Great work, i would suggest this features too:
- minimize button.
- download percentage.
- showing device name, after typing the model number, Ex: SM-G960F -> Galaxy S9.
Thanks

1. ...
2. It has a progress bar....
3. Why? Pretty sure you know what phone you're downloading for if you know the model number

----
I would only suggest removing the need to add "SM-" to the start of the model number, but that's just nitpicking, it does what we need it to do

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
1. ...
2. It has a progress bar....
3. Why? Pretty sure you know what phone you're downloading for if you know the model number

----
I would only suggest removing the need to add "SM-" to the start of the model number, but that's just nitpicking, it does what we need it to do

You sure there are no devices without "SM-" ? just asking

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
There are older devices with something other than SM

Devices with G960F as their model name? or any other conflicting device name after something other than SM ?

Makes no difference, just quicker to type, but I don't think there are any other G960F Samsung devices other than the SM-G960F, and same with other models. so you will not download the wrong firmware by missing out SM-

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Older model had other initials for example Sprint S3 was SPH-L710 and Sprint S4 was SPH-L720T

Last edited:

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Older model had other initials for example Sprint S3 was SPH-L710 and Sprint S4 was SPH-L720T

Yes, my point was there won't be another model with L710, there will be only one L710 regardless of what it says before it

For example there will not be an SPH-L710 and an SM-L710, just like there will not be an SPH-G960F and an SM-G960F

So adding the section before it really should make no difference at all, unless it is required to find the firmware on the servers, for the user (us) we should not need it either way

How many Samsung devices are called G960F? Only 1
How many Samsung devices are called L710? Only 1

jaeck

May 26, 2015
I've got the same errors as with SamFirm:
"Cannot find GlobalUtil.dll. Please re-install this application"
as a pop up and in the log:
Checking latest firmware for SM-G960F/DBT/G960FXXU1BRE5/G960FOXM1BRE3/G960FXXU1BRE3
Error loading library: AgentModule.dll Error code: 1114
Please make sure "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" are installed
Error: Could not send BinaryInform. Status code 200/401 Authorization failed

Of course Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) are installed and the only reason I can think off is that I try to run it on a Windows Server 2016 maschine.

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
I've got the same errors as with SamFirm:

as a pop up and in the log:

Of course Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) are installed and the only reason I can think off is that I try to run it on a Windows Server 2016 maschine.
You have all these files in same directory right? Just to confirm

Because the actual error is app not being able to find AgentModule.dll

AgentModule, CommonModule and GlobalUtils must be on same directory as exe file

Last edited:

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Yes, my point was there won't be another model with L710, there will be only one L710 regardless of what it says before it

For example there will not be an SPH-L710 and an SM-L710, just like there will not be an SPH-G960F and an SM-G960F

So adding the section before it really should make no difference at all, unless it is required to find the firmware on the servers, for the user (us) we should not need it either way

How many Samsung devices are called G960F? Only 1
How many Samsung devices are called L710? Only 1
Looks like you answered It yourself, so you cant just remove SM and make it default because there other devices with some other initials than SM and it cant be predicted for each device, unless you'd want devs to make database of huge number of uncountable devices

Last edited:

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Looks like you answered It yourself, so you cant just remove SM and make it default because there other devices with some other initials than SM and it cant be predicted for each device, unless you'd want devs to make database of huge number of uncountable devices

Any searchable database index could be set to bring up a list of results based on "Contains" rather than "Exact", so typing G960F would then bring up SM-G960F as it "Contains" that sequence of characters, client coding would decide if that worked or not, hence my suggestion

For example Sammobile, not only searches model database, but also firmware database
https://i.ibb.co/wKNHjBF/Capture.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FwKNHjBF%2FCapture.jpg

jaeck

May 26, 2015
....[blabla]... only reason I can think off is that I try to run it on a Windows Server 2016 maschine.
The reason for the trouble was indeed the Windows server edition and its default settings, therefore the solution was:
1. Installing SmartSwitch to prevent any missing dependencies
2. Running SmartSwitch and acknowledge that it has trouble running because of a missing "wlanapi.dll"
3. Enabling Wireless Networking Details on how its done
4. Deinstalling SmartSwitch
5. Enjoy

Many thanks to @suyash1629 for the support!

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
The reason for the trouble was indeed the Windows server edition and its default settings, therefore the solution was:
1. Installing SmartSwitch to prevent any missing dependencies
2. Running SmartSwitch and acknowledge that it has trouble running because of a missing "wlanapi.dll"
3. Enabling Wireless Networking Details on how its done
4. Deinstalling SmartSwitch
5. Enjoy

Many thanks to @suyash1629 for the support!
I am glad things worked out for you

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Any searchable database index could be set to bring up a list of results based on "Contains" rather than "Exact", so typing G960F would then bring up SM-G960F as it "Contains" that sequence of characters, client coding would decide if that worked or not, hence my suggestion

For example Sammobile, not only searches model database, but also firmware database
https://i.ibb.co/wKNHjBF/Capture.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FwKNHjBF%2FCapture.jpg

Would you like to make contribution by implementing it? Frija is not dependent on third party website to pull up firmware information at all, which means same thing has to be kept in mind while implementing what you are thinking of, which requires to populate a huge database of all the Samsung devices and their models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Duplicate thread closed
    https://xdaforums.com/s10-plus/how-to/tool-frija-samsung-firmware-downloader-t3910594

Hey Guys :)

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
    Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
    Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
    Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
    Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
    Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
    It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
    NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

* Improved firmware search.
    * Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
    * Updated some message strings displayed to user

* Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
    * Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

* Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
    * New Settings option
    * Removed support message feature and added new Issue Tracker URL
    * Overall UI improvement
    * Added setting to disable CRC check
    Awesome - We need this! ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs
    For 102 error, install these... I use choco

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable: https://chocolatey.org/packages/vcredist2008
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable: https://chocolatey.org/packages/vcredist2010

Model: SM-G970F
    CSC: XEU
    Error: 102

even with other examples throughout the thread...
    u wasted 5 dollars.

read this post and then the OP and last pages aswell.

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80030242&postcount=209

That is NOT the version I needed but thanks anyway? I'm taken care of and it was totally worth the price of a cheeseburger. :cowboy:
    Windows Defender flagged it for me too, Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock and there are now 39 engines on Virus Total also flagging it.