[Tool] Frija - Samsung firmware downloader/checker

Search This thread

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
^ Tried it a bunch of times through Frija. Didn't work for me until I downloaded U1 from another site directly.
I haven't seen any decryption related issues with files for Android 10 or below. Haven't seen U1 Android 11 update show up on my end yet to test it out. I will keep an eye out for any issues related to this and if there is any will post an update here

UPDATE: Tested by trying to download Android 11 for SM-G975U and it seem to decrypt without any issues

1613162861554.png

Last edited:

Wiz

Nov 13, 2003
Amsterdam
www.t-systems.com
Frija has always been working fine for me. Until I switched to a Surface Pro X (Windows-on-Arm64) .. Frija still works (in x86 emulation) but Frija download speeds have dropped to an almost unbearable level ... (Yet in general download speeds over Wi-Fi and ethernet on my 1Gbit fiber connection remain stellar) .. Any clues as to what the reason could be for this?

fado5ster

Feb 27, 2013
Looks as though its an Android 11 issue?
I updated OTA last week and it has ruined my phone! All of the sensors are only working after a restart for anywhere between 20min to 8 hours and they all stop then.
Downloaded Frija (v1.4.3.0.) and downloaded my latest version for Model: SM-G9730 (Galaxy S10 Dual Sim), CSC: TGY which matches my OTA (was thinking maybe corrupt DL from OTA?)
But I now have a .zip.enc4 file that I can't rename to .zip, can't unzip and have no way to flash with Odin.
Frija seemed to decrypt the file fine but when it was complete all I had was the .zip.enc4 file.
Hopefully this is spotted soon.. before I launch my phone out of the window!

BTW thanks to devs!

*EDIT*
I have tried downloading again but when prompted to save I renamed from .zip.enc4 to just .zip then let it download as before.
This left me with a .zip file that I was able to unzip which left me with AP, BL, CP, CSC x2 files.
I added these to Odin and flashed.
Everything seemed to go ok, flash succeeded and phone rebooted.
The phone didn't wipe however. Not sure if it was supposed to or not as when I used to do this before I was usually going from a custom rom to stock, have never gone stock - stock, especially when even using the same firmware versions.
I guess time will tell as to whether it has fixed my problem but it may help others flash the .zip.enc4 file.

*EDIT 2*
Problem still exists, 9 hours later and have lost auto rotate, other sensors probably about to fail..
So not sure if this is a problem with the actual update or if the above method I used with frija didn't work. I guess my next step is to try downgrade to the previous version and try again

Last edited:

-BoneZ-

Oct 24, 2009
Indiana
I'm having trouble with the newly downloaded Frija Tool. I have the Note 20 Ultra SM-986U1 U.S. unlocked, and I've tried different CSC's and none seem to work: ATT, USC, XAA. Frija just says it can't find anything. What am I doing wrong?

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Looks as though its an Android 11 issue?
I updated OTA last week and it has ruined my phone! All of the sensors are only working after a restart for anywhere between 20min to 8 hours and they all stop then.
Downloaded Frija (v1.4.3.0.) and downloaded my latest version for Model: SM-G9730 (Galaxy S10 Dual Sim), CSC: TGY which matches my OTA (was thinking maybe corrupt DL from OTA?)
But I now have a .zip.enc4 file that I can't rename to .zip, can't unzip and have no way to flash with Odin.
Frija seemed to decrypt the file fine but when it was complete all I had was the .zip.enc4 file.
Hopefully this is spotted soon.. before I launch my phone out of the window!

BTW thanks to devs!

*EDIT*
I have tried downloading again but when prompted to save I renamed from .zip.enc4 to just .zip then let it download as before.
This left me with a .zip file that I was able to unzip which left me with AP, BL, CP, CSC x2 files.
I added these to Odin and flashed.
Everything seemed to go ok, flash succeeded and phone rebooted.
The phone didn't wipe however. Not sure if it was supposed to or not as when I used to do this before I was usually going from a custom rom to stock, have never gone stock - stock, especially when even using the same firmware versions.
I guess time will tell as to whether it has fixed my problem but it may help others flash the .zip.enc4 file.

*EDIT 2*
Problem still exists, 9 hours later and have lost auto rotate, other sensors probably about to fail..
So not sure if this is a problem with the actual update or if the above method I used with frija didn't work. I guess my next step is to try downgrade to the previous version and try again
It looks like its firmware issue from samsung themselves. I’d suggest to factory reset and see if the issue persists.

b4b4.4l1

Aug 27, 2012
Medan
Using this for Samsung Galaxy A10 SM-105G Indonesian model and it works, just a bit slow on searching the firmware but it works alright. Thank you.

fado5ster

Feb 27, 2013
It looks like its firmware issue from samsung themselves. I’d suggest to factory reset and see if the issue persists.

Tried a factory reset and still the same issues.
Tried multiple factory resets!
Can anyone tell me if downgrading to android 10 can be done using frija?
That's my next step.. maybe I'll try upgrading to 11 again in a few months

Vordx

• Feb 1, 2017
    Tried a factory reset and still the same issues.
    Tried multiple factory resets!
    Can anyone tell me if downgrading to android 10 can be done using frija?
    That's my next step.. maybe I'll try upgrading to 11 again in a few months

-No you can't downgrade with frija. Frija and other programs that download firmwares only fetch the last available firmware for that model.

-I don't know about s10 but in my case I had 2 CSC files, 1 is HOME and the other. Adding the HOME csc will not wipe the data of the phone.

- idk what did you do to your phone that you aren't telling but try flashing another stock firmware with wipe. Learn what nand erase from odin do and try that.

fado5ster

Feb 27, 2013
    -No you can't downgrade with frija. Frija and other programs that download firmwares only fetch the last available firmware for that model.

-I don't know about s10 but in my case I had 2 CSC files, 1 is HOME and the other. Adding the HOME csc will not wipe the data of the phone.

- idk what did you do to your phone that you aren't telling but try flashing another stock firmware with wipe. Learn what nand erase from odin do and try that.

I didn't think of a nand erase.. I will try this tomorrow.. Thank you.
    I have both CSC files.. so which CSC you are saying I should use?

aussiesausage

Oct 2, 2010
    Australia
    Could someone please help me. I am trying to download the firmware for my S21 plus, I downloaded it but it dissapears from downloads, during download it shows up in my folder, once it is downloaded it is no where to be found, I have tried downloading it several times now, and once it is completed, it is gone. Any ideas?

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
    Could someone please help me. I am trying to download the firmware for my S21 plus, I downloaded it but it dissapears from downloads, during download it shows up in my folder, once it is downloaded it is no where to be found, I have tried downloading it several times now, and once it is completed, it is gone. Any ideas?

same exact thing happens to me. Where the hell does this download to? It vanishes from your computer once it says download complete

Reactions: foshka

HIS YB

Jun 12, 2015
    for the past three days i have not been able to use this tool to download for s10 US VERSION . it starts at a very slow pace and stops on the way. can some one post already downloaded firmware for me please. i want model G973U1 XAA. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Armeniandave

Aug 2, 2013
    Bummer this doesn't work on decrypting anymore.
    Tried it on a few different computers and downloads
    just fine but then stuck with an encrypted file. Even
    says decrypting for a second but never does it! Bummer

Martins222

Feb 27, 2021
    I AM NOT SURE IT WORKS FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10+ ATT CARRIER. COS IT KEEP REPLYING ATT CSC CODE NOT SUPPORTED. I TRIED AUTO AND MANUAL. I AM A NEWBIE. SOME SHOULD PLEASE HELP. MY PHONE IS STUCK ON ANDROID 10 WITH OCTOBER SECURITY PATCH. I NEED TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE

axelroll

Feb 20, 2012
    Culiacan
    Hello, I have a Galaxy S10+ from Mexico (MXO CSC) and the last update I received (and latest available) is the Android 11 Update (Baseband G975FXXU9ETLJ and January 1st Security Patch) but that update has some camera bugs that make the photos not focused/blurry and I've been waiting for an update, but still no update is available yet

So I was thinking of flashing a firmware from a different region while keeping my CSC, would that interfere with the OTAs or would I be able to receive them?

Thanks in advance!

Idebutterpiep

Feb 9, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Yesterday I tried to download new firmware G986BXXU7DUC7/G986BOXM7DUC7/G986BXXU7DUC7 for my S20+ SM-G986B with Frija 1.4.3.0. It starts like always but stops at 2096 Mb. The file is 6421 Mb.
    Tried many different times. Never had this problems before using it from Novenber 2020.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      * * * PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE INSTALLING TO YOUR DEVICES AT ALL TIMES AND ME AND THE DEVELOPER ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SORT OF DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE * * *

Hey Guys :)

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
      Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
      Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
      Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
      Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
      Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
      It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
      NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

• Improved firmware search.
      • Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
      • Updated some message strings displayed to user

• Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
      • Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

• Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
      • New Settings option
      • Removed support message feature and added new Issue Tracker URL
      • Overall UI improvement
      • Added setting to disable CRC check

• Improved Firmware search method
      • Added support for Dual Sim model
      • Added Frija sage number in About Page
      • Load Samsung dll libraries in efficient way
      • Fixed sub text for on/off in Settings Page

•Fixed firmware lookup and download issue
      For now the software is for Windows only. As for now the developer doesn't have any plans to release the code to the public.

That's sad to hear. I''m not willing to setup a windows installation somewhere just to run some closed source code. Opening the source would make it possible for others to port the code to linux or at least have a look at it and audit it. Not only for security concerns but also to hunt bugs and report them. I'm really uncomfortable running closed source software from a random guy on some random internet forum.
      Same. That's why I'm here. I've used it in the past with no problems, but showed up as a virus yesterday. I wonder what's up, back to using SamFirm for now.

Pretty nasty too if you look up what that virus does too, I'm staying clear, I'm only here because I returned a UK S10 plus exynos which I had beta 10 on in favour of a G9750 China with Qualcomm and now the members app is not giving me the Android 10 beta notice even though it's supposed to be available for this model.

New version 1.4.2 is out and your virus issue should be gone with new update/release. OP will be updated when @invmini is online
      You can download it form here: https://github.com/wssyncmldm/frija/releases/download/v1.4.2/Frija-v1.4.2.zip

v1.4.2 Update Notes:
      Code:
      • Improved Firmware search method
      • Added support for Dual Sim model
      • Added Frija sage number in About Page
      • Load Samsung dll libraries in efficient way
      • Fixed sub text for on/off in Settings Page
      Will there be a linux build or is it windows only?
      Also it would be nice to have the sources available to audit the code and make sure it does no nasty stuff. ;)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone