[Tool] Frija - Samsung firmware downloader/checker

Search This thread

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
I AM NOT SURE IT WORKS FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10+ ATT CARRIER. COS IT KEEP REPLYING ATT CSC CODE NOT SUPPORTED. I TRIED AUTO AND MANUAL. I AM A NEWBIE. SOME SHOULD PLEASE HELP. MY PHONE IS STUCK ON ANDROID 10 WITH OCTOBER SECURITY PATCH. I NEED TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE
ATT is not supported because ATT firmwares doesnt exist on Samsung servers. What you can do is start looking for other CSC and see if you can find same firmware version that ATT is currently offering as latest firmware. As long as its same firmware version it doesnt matter what CSC you used to download the firmware because all Samsung firmwares are Multi CSC, meaning it will install ATT features by recognizing your phone’s current CSC

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Could someone please help me. I am trying to download the firmware for my S21 plus, I downloaded it but it dissapears from downloads, during download it shows up in my folder, once it is downloaded it is no where to be found, I have tried downloading it several times now, and once it is completed, it is gone. Any ideas?

same exact thing happens to me. Where the hell does this download to? It vanishes from your computer once it says download complete
Can both of you look at your Documents folder and see if its there? Please report back if its there, otherwise maybe your antivirus if deleting it (not sure why it would do though)?

Idebutterpiep

Feb 9, 2008
Zoetermeer
Yesterday I tried to download new firmware G986BXXU7DUC7/G986BOXM7DUC7/G986BXXU7DUC7 for my S20+ SM-G986B with Frija 1.4.3.0. It starts like always but stops at 2096 Mb. The file is 6421 Mb.
Tried many different times. Never had this problems before using it from Novenber 2020.
Today i tried to download G986BXXU7DUC7/G986BOXM7DUC7/G986BXXU7DUC7 PHN (Netherlands) and it worked again like it used to work before.

1994ruben

Mar 30, 2021
Hola, espero que responda como mi pregunta. Quiero descargar el firmware manualmente ¿Qué se pone en el teléfono en dados? Estaré esperando su respuesta

Translation: Hi, I hope you answer as my question. I want to download the firmware manually What is put in the phone in dice? I'll be waiting for your reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Idebutterpiep

Feb 9, 2008
Zoetermeer
Hola, espero que responda como mi pregunta. Quiero descargar el firmware manualmente ¿Qué se pone en el teléfono en dados? Estaré esperando su respuesta

Translation: Hi, I hope you answer as my question. I want to download the firmware manually What is put in the phone in dice? I'll be waiting for your reply
If you know your Phone Model and your CSC you can use Auto. If you use Manual you put in Phone Bl.

ajin03

Apr 19, 2021
* * * PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE INSTALLING TO YOUR DEVICES AT ALL TIMES AND ME AND THE DEVELOPER ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SORT OF DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE * * *

Hey Guys :)

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

• Improved firmware search.
• Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
• Updated some message strings displayed to user

• Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
• Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

• Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
• New Settings option
• Removed support message feature and added new Issue Tracker URL
• Overall UI improvement
• Added setting to disable CRC check

• Improved Firmware search method
• Added support for Dual Sim model
• Added Frija sage number in About Page
• Load Samsung dll libraries in efficient way
• Fixed sub text for on/off in Settings Page

•Fixed firmware lookup and download issue
i am a newb and would like to know how to find the CSC and other codes

Sly123

Aug 27, 2008
When I use manual mode for my SM-G9730 it always finds the next version.
To download the right one I need to enter the next firmware.
Just fyi

davenasc

Sep 8, 2013
guys, is there some way to check the CSCs included on a downloaded fw that is multi csc? I was going to instal COO on my s20+ but I need that to have a ZTO included, the COL includes it but I don't know about COO and this updates faster than the ZTO and COL

megamb11

Oct 11, 2017
Where can I find C++ 2008 x86 redistributable? I have the 2010 redistributable already. Direct link to MS site says it is no longer available.

Vordx

• Feb 1, 2017
    Where can I find C++ 2008 x86 redistributable? I have the 2010 redistributable already. Direct link to MS site says it is no longer available.
    Do you even need it though? I don't remember going through any loops. I had the latest windows 10 update.

megamb11

Oct 11, 2017
    Do you even need it though? I don't remember going through any loops. I had the latest windows 10 update.
    Windows does not necessarily install old C++ packages (this is good so it does not crowd up the comp with unneeded tools). I found it however and now Frija works.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      * * * PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE INSTALLING TO YOUR DEVICES AT ALL TIMES AND ME AND THE DEVELOPER ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SORT OF DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE * * *

Hey Guys :)

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
      Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
      Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
      Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
      Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
      Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
      It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
      NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

• Improved firmware search.
      • Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
      • Updated some message strings displayed to user

• Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
      • Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

• Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
      • New Settings option
      • Removed support message feature and added new Issue Tracker URL
      • Overall UI improvement
      • Added setting to disable CRC check

•Fixed firmware lookup and download issue
      For now the software is for Windows only. As for now the developer doesn't have any plans to release the code to the public.

That's sad to hear. I''m not willing to setup a windows installation somewhere just to run some closed source code. Opening the source would make it possible for others to port the code to linux or at least have a look at it and audit it. Not only for security concerns but also to hunt bugs and report them. I'm really uncomfortable running closed source software from a random guy on some random internet forum.
      Same. That's why I'm here. I've used it in the past with no problems, but showed up as a virus yesterday. I wonder what's up, back to using SamFirm for now.

Pretty nasty too if you look up what that virus does too, I'm staying clear, I'm only here because I returned a UK S10 plus exynos which I had beta 10 on in favour of a G9750 China with Qualcomm and now the members app is not giving me the Android 10 beta notice even though it's supposed to be available for this model.

New version 1.4.2 is out and your virus issue should be gone with new update/release. OP will be updated when @invmini is online
      You can download it form here: https://github.com/wssyncmldm/frija/releases/download/v1.4.2/Frija-v1.4.2.zip

v1.4.2 Update Notes:
      Code:
      Will there be a linux build or is it windows only?
      Also it would be nice to have the sources available to audit the code and make sure it does no nasty stuff. ;)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone