• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Tool] Frija - Samsung firmware downloader/checker

Search This thread

FNDRSM

Oct 11, 2018
hey i using latest frija, but it wont download older FW, i input the PDA, CSC, Phone manually but it shows nothing, i input the correct number from sammobile.
1634984701889.png

1634984729865.png

Attachments

• 1634984739531.png
    1634984739531.png
    30 KB · Views: 61

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
hey i using latest frija, but it wont download older FW, i input the PDA, CSC, Phone manually but it shows nothing, i input the correct number from sammobile.
Well of course not - that's how it's supposed to work. Frija pulls directly from Samsung's servers, and Samsung themselves don't store old firmware. You can only ever download whatever the newest version is.

You need to use SamMobile or SamFW if you want an older version

Reactions: FNDRSM

FNDRSM

Oct 11, 2018
Well of course not - that's how it's supposed to work. Frija pulls directly from Samsung's servers, and Samsung themselves don't store old firmware. You can only ever download whatever the newest version is.

You need to use SamMobile or SamFW if you want an older version
Ooohh ahahaha, im sorry 🙏🏻 i thought the sammobile was the server 😂. I get it now. Thanks

altwu

Dec 16, 2014
Verizon LG G3
Google Pixel XL
i tried running frija v1.4.4 and got the error messages about the microsoft visual c++ redistributable packages missing. does it have to be the 2008 and 2010 versions of visual c++? i'm running windows 10 with microsoft visual c++ 2013 and 2015-2019 redistributable, x86 and x64. i have microsoft .net framework 4.8 installed.

Allenoic

Aug 28, 2016
Lusaka
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
i tried running frija v1.4.4 and got the error messages about the microsoft visual c++ redistributable packages missing. does it have to be the 2008 and 2010 versions of visual c++? i'm running windows 10 with microsoft visual c++ 2013 and 2015-2019 redistributable, x86 and x64. i have microsoft .net framework 4.8 installed.nstall all versions of Visual C++ as different softwares might require different versions. And yes, you do need the 2008 and 2010 versions

i tried running frija v1.4.4 and got the error messages about the microsoft visual c++ redistributable packages missing. does it have to be the 2008 and 2010 versions of visual c++? i'm running windows 10 with microsoft visual c++ 2013 and 2015-2019 redistributable, x86 and x64. i have microsoft .net framework 4.8 installed.
I mean, it does tell you it needs those exact versions to be installed so not sure what you asking exactly. Also install all available versions of Visual C++, I've found different softwares require different versions sometimes, so best to have em all

altwu

Dec 16, 2014
Verizon LG G3
Google Pixel XL
I mean, it does tell you it needs those exact versions to be installed so not sure what you asking exactly. Also install all available versions of Visual C++, I've found different softwares require different versions sometimes, so best to have em all

i don't know how ms visual c++ works, like if newer versions are backwards compatible. but since you said that the error says explicitly what's needed and my newer versions of visual c++ don't work, you're right. the answer was obvious. :p my bad,

tele_sim

Feb 5, 2013
* * * PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE INSTALLING TO YOUR DEVICES AT ALL TIMES AND ME AND THE DEVELOPER ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SORT OF DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE * * *

Hey Guys :)

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

• Improved firmware search.
• Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
• Updated some message strings displayed to user

• Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
• Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

• Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
• New Settings option
• Removed support message feature and added new Issue Tracker URL
• Overall UI improvement
• Added setting to disable CRC check

• Improved Firmware search method
• Added support for Dual Sim model
• Added Frija sage number in About Page
• Load Samsung dll libraries in efficient way
• Fixed sub text for on/off in Settings Page

•Fixed firmware lookup and download issue

• Fixed an issue where if firmware paused and resumed after downloading more than 1.9 GB failed to download complete firmware
• Added invite link to Frija Discord

FNDRSM

Oct 11, 2018
If u want to download old software, just download from sammobile because they are like repository for samsung firmware. Frija only download the latest version of your firmware.

bal65

Nov 6, 2021
а в какую папку качает прошивку frija?

Translated by GT: And in which folder does frija download the firmware?

Last edited by a moderator:

shushet

Aug 17, 2016
hay algun link de descarga?

Translated by GT: is there a download link?

Last edited by a moderator:

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
hay algun link de descarga?

GT: Is there a download link?

Usually the Frija.zip files were saved into the first post of this thread.
As long as they are gone, try this link to the GitHub project: https://github.com/SlackingVeteran/frija/releases

Hope it is fine to post this link here. I can remove it, as soon as the files are back in OP.

EDIT:
I just read on the discord server for Frija (the discord invitation is in Frija > 3 dots menu > Discord) that there is already a beta of version 2.0 available. So let's wait for the new version to be released.

Last edited:

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
As long as they are gone, try this link to the GitHub project: https://github.com/SlackingVeteran/frija/releases

Hope it is fine to post this link here. I can remove it, as soon as the files are back in OP.

EDIT:
I just read on the discord server for Frija (the discord invitation is in Frija > 3 dots menu > Discord) that there is already a beta of version 2.0 available. So let's wait for the new version to be released.
it should be back up now. OP didn't remove it in the first place. Post was last edited on September 5th. And I know I have seen the attached file after that date.

Maybe some XDA employee or mods can chime in and tell us as to why it was removed without reaching out to OP?

Reactions: It_ler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT:
    it should be back up now. OP didn't remove it in the first place. Post was last edited on September 5th. And I know I have seen the attached file after that date.

Maybe some XDA employee or mods can chime in and tell us as to why it was removed without reaching out to OP?
    * * * PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE INSTALLING TO YOUR DEVICES AT ALL TIMES AND ME AND THE DEVELOPER ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SORT OF DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE * * *

Hey Guys :)

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
    Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
    Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
    Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
    Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
    Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
    It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
    NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

• Improved firmware search.
    • Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
    • Updated some message strings displayed to user

• Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
    • Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

• Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
    • New Settings option
    • Removed support message feature and added new Issue Tracker URL
    • Overall UI improvement
    • Added setting to disable CRC check

•Fixed firmware lookup and download issue

• Fixed an issue where if firmware paused and resumed after downloading more than 1.9 GB failed to download complete firmware
    • Added invite link to Frija Discord

You can find the download for Frija here.
    For now the software is for Windows only. As for now the developer doesn't have any plans to release the code to the public.

That's sad to hear. I''m not willing to setup a windows installation somewhere just to run some closed source code. Opening the source would make it possible for others to port the code to linux or at least have a look at it and audit it. Not only for security concerns but also to hunt bugs and report them. I'm really uncomfortable running closed source software from a random guy on some random internet forum.
    Same. That's why I'm here. I've used it in the past with no problems, but showed up as a virus yesterday. I wonder what's up, back to using SamFirm for now.

Pretty nasty too if you look up what that virus does too, I'm staying clear, I'm only here because I returned a UK S10 plus exynos which I had beta 10 on in favour of a G9750 China with Qualcomm and now the members app is not giving me the Android 10 beta notice even though it's supposed to be available for this model.

New version 1.4.2 is out and your virus issue should be gone with new update/release. OP will be updated when @invmini is online
    You can download it form here: https://github.com/wssyncmldm/frija/releases/download/v1.4.2/Frija-v1.4.2.zip

v1.4.2 Update Notes:
    Code:
    Neat tool. I think there should be a way to fetch all the CSC for given phone model. This is useful when you don't precisely know which CSC fits you best. SamMobile and Updato do this. Can this be added?
    No, this will never be implemented. There are hundreds of CSC and there is no guarantee a individual device be under all CSC. its just no feasible unless I was manually uploading firmwares. This tool simply allows you to get latest firmware for the device you want to get firmware for. If people are into flashing firmware in their samsung device they most certainly know what CSC they want to download for. There are cases where new people dont know and to make things easier I am gonna be releasing new version of frija that will help people to find firmware for their device in much easier way, cant go into much details yet but everyone will find out how it works when its out.

I have made tons of progress on Frija 2.0 since I last mentioned about it with so many people helping me test bits and pieces of this new version. I still cant say for certain when this new version will release because I work on it on my free time, mostly after work. I had been working on this since early 2020 but work has kept me away from it for the most part and I only recently started getting back into it again.