[Tool] Frija - Samsung firmware downloader/checker

Search This thread

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
The latest version is not working anymore, could we fix this please? We get the msg firmware not found on Galaxy s10 and s20.
Frija Dev here, whats the issue with S10 and S20? and what CSC? Whenever you report issues please make sure to report what issue are facing with details such as what model and CSC you were looking for and what was the error you got while looking for the firmware. Just saying fix it is not helpful coz I have no idea whats going on at your end and that its working fine for me and many others

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010
Frija Dev here, whats the issue with S10 and S20? and what CSC? Whenever you report issues please make sure to report what issue are facing with details such as what model and CSC you were looking for and what was the error you got while looking for the firmware. Just saying fix it is not helpful coz I have no idea whats going on at your end and that its working fine for me and many others
S20 ultra no problems here looking for firmware

SrJeffrey

Sep 27, 2019
lately i can't download stock samsung a30 rom

Samsung A305GT ZTO

26/12/2020 11:45:54
Error reading config file: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.

Checking latest firmware for SM-A305GT/ZTO/A305GTVJS7BTL1/A305GTOWO7BTL1/A305GTVJS7BTL1
Latest Firmware available for SM-A305GT is: A305GTVJS7BTL1/A305GTOWO7BTL1/A305GTVJS7BTL1
Filename: C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\SM-A305GT_1_20201216051504_plmthigvz2_fac.zip.enc4
Trying to download SM-A305GT_1_20201216051504_plmthigvz2_fac.zip.enc4 to C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\SM-A305GT_1_20201216051504_plmthigvz2_fac.zip.enc4
Path: /neofus/910/
File: SM-A305GT_1_20201216051504_plmthigvz2_fac.zip.enc4

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (31).png
    Captura de Tela (31).png
    464.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

realityexists

Jul 7, 2017
I'd like to report a bug, but the URL in the "Support" menu,

does not exist. BitBucket says "That link has no power here"

Anyway, the bug is that when decryption fails due to lack of disk space (that is, there was enought space to download the .enc4 file, but not enough to write the decrypted file) Frija incorrectly says that the firmware was successfully downloaded, leaving the partially written .zip file.

The workaround (after freeing up enough space) is to restart Frija, download again, selecting the same .enc4 filename and choose Append when prompted - it then decrypts the file.

HIS YB

Jun 12, 2015
Am trying to download firmware for s10 plus G975u1 but half the download will come back to 00000kb and will never continue. I hv been trying all day.

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
I'd like to report a bug, but the URL in the "Support" menu,

does not exist. BitBucket says "That link has no power here"

Anyway, the bug is that when decryption fails due to lack of disk space (that is, there was enought space to download the .enc4 file, but not enough to write the decrypted file) Frija incorrectly says that the firmware was successfully downloaded, leaving the partially written .zip file.

The workaround (after freeing up enough space) is to restart Frija, download again, selecting the same .enc4 filename and choose Append when prompted - it then decrypts the file.
Thanks for reporting the issue. I will try to incorporate the fix on next update.
I also need to change bitbucket url since I moved repo into a team project within bitbucket

martiare

Nov 2, 2006
No funciona, Empieza la descarga y se para.

Translation: It does not work, the download starts and stops.

Last edited by a moderator:

wyoben

Dec 16, 2016
Thank You for the great App worked great. It found the current firmware and downloaded it no issues.
Keep up the great work.

pai2008

Nov 5, 2015

Hi, thank you so much for the reply on this, and Happy New Year. :)

The strange part is that when I try in auto mode, I'm getting error 102, that it cannot find firmware. if I try in manual mode nothing happens. I currently have only the s20+ Exynous version sm-g985f. I've tried disabling the firewall on my win10 pc, I've disabled the firewall on the router also (I'm using a tplink Archer 80). Not really sure what else I can try.

I've added below the Frija log file, hope this helps.

03/01/2021 12:15:17
Error reading config file: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error 102: Unable to find Firmware for SM-G985F/ ROM
Please make sure all fields are correct or use Manual Mode
Error 102: Unable to find Firmware for SM-G985F/ DBT

Checking latest firmware for SM-G985F/ DBT/ G985FXXU5CTL1/ G985FOXB5CTL1/G985FXXU5CTL1
Error: Could not send BinaryInform. Status code 200/666

Checking latest firmware for SM-G985F/ DBT/ G985FXXU5CTL1/ G985FOXB5CTL1/G985FXXU5CTL1

Best,
Alex

Attachments

• Frija.log
    3.8 KB · Views: 35

flunkyball

May 20, 2019
Frija fails to download the desired firmware version in manual mode but redirects always to the latest.

Code:
04.01.2021 12:00:05

Checking latest firmware for SM-G973F/DBT/G973FXXU9DTJA/G973FOXM9DTJB/G973FXXU9DTJA
Latest Firmware available for SM-G973F is: G973FXXS9DTK9/G973FOXM9DTJB/G973FXXS9DTK9

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Hi, thank you so much for the reply on this, and Happy New Year. :)

The strange part is that when I try in auto mode, I'm getting error 102, that it cannot find firmware. if I try in manual mode nothing happens. I currently have only the s20+ Exynous version sm-g985f. I've tried disabling the firewall on my win10 pc, I've disabled the firewall on the router also (I'm using a tplink Archer 80). Not really sure what else I can try.

I've added below the Frija log file, hope this helps.

03/01/2021 12:15:17
Error reading config file: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Best,
Alex

Thanks for the logs, I will try to see whats going on and see if I can get you a different binary for more detailed logs

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Frija fails to download the desired firmware version in manual mode but redirects always to the latest.

Code:
04.01.2021 12:00:05

Checking latest firmware for SM-G973F/DBT/G973FXXU9DTJA/G973FOXM9DTJB/G973FXXU9DTJA
Latest Firmware available for SM-G973F is: G973FXXS9DTK9/G973FOXM9DTJB/G973FXXS9DTK9
Frija does not allow you to download specific/desired firmware. Samsung FUS servers only store latest firmware. Manual mode is only there for times when Auto mode fails and cannot find firmware

dtoxic47

Jun 25, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Feature Request

instead of creating Frija.xml in C:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Frija

could you implement an option to be fully portable so it creates all files and settings where the *.exe is

Reactions: billa

billa

Mar 30, 2006
Error 102 every single time. I have everything installed (Dot net, c++), and it just doesn't work. Someone told me I needed to delete some folder or archive from my PC in order to make it work but I can't remember what it was

Both are installed. Unless there's a particular version of each that must be installed and the one's I have are different.

I tried everything Frija will auto close as soon as i execute it. It doesn't show me any error messages or anything.

It was driving me nuts too unable to get Frija to work on Win7.
Finally I installed the DotNET Framwork v4.6.1 since the app was compiled on that version as suggested by SlackingVeteran. Low and behold, it started working just fine.
Give it a try, there's nothing else to install or uninstall, only this particular download package worked for me.

peacdc

Nov 28, 2019
I downloaded the latest firmware for S10 (G973F) with csc AUT (upgrade to one ui 3.0) but it downloads a file with enc4 extension and a zip archive with a damaged file. How do I use them on odin?

troly

Nov 21, 2010
Pleiku/Gialai/VietNam
[QUOTE = "HIS YB, post: 84181607, member: 6757782"]
I am trying to download the firmware for s10 plus G975u1 but half the download will go back to 00000kb and will never continue. I hv tried all day.
[/QUOTE]

Tôi cũng gặp trường hợp tương tự. Làm cách nào để tải xuống?

Translation: I also had a similar situation. How do I download it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * * * PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE INSTALLING TO YOUR DEVICES AT ALL TIMES AND ME AND THE DEVELOPER ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SORT OF DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE * * *

Hey Guys :)

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
    Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
    Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
    Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
    Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
    Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
    It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
    NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

• Improved firmware search.
    • Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
    • Updated some message strings displayed to user

• Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
    • Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

• Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
    • New Settings option
    • Removed support message feature and added new Issue Tracker URL
    • Overall UI improvement
    • Added setting to disable CRC check

• Improved Firmware search method
    • Added support for Dual Sim model
    • Added Frija sage number in About Page
    • Load Samsung dll libraries in efficient way
    • Fixed sub text for on/off in Settings Page

• Fixed firmware lookup and download issue

• Fixed an issue where if firmware paused and resumed after downloading more than 1.9 GB failed to download complete firmware
    • Added invite link to Frija Discord

• New UI
    • Improved performance, better error/exception logging
    • Independent of Samsung dll libraries
    • Improved CRC check
    • UI includes more details on Download, CRC validation and Decrypt processes
    • New Fluent UI with Light/Dark and System theme support
    • New Auto mode to retrieve firmware from FUS server for device connected to PC
    • Frija now uses Samsung drivers instead of ADB to pull device info needed to find the firmware in Auto mode.
    • Added a dialog box notifying users that firmware has been successfully downloaded.
    • Mica effect on Windows 11 for both dark and light theme.
    • Added many small UI improvements
    • Fixes issue where Frija v1.4.4 can no longer download any firmware

You can find the download for Frija here.
    For now the software is for Windows only. As for now the developer doesn't have any plans to release the code to the public.

That's sad to hear. I''m not willing to setup a windows installation somewhere just to run some closed source code. Opening the source would make it possible for others to port the code to linux or at least have a look at it and audit it. Not only for security concerns but also to hunt bugs and report them. I'm really uncomfortable running closed source software from a random guy on some random internet forum.
    Will there be a linux build or is it windows only?
    Also it would be nice to have the sources available to audit the code and make sure it does no nasty stuff. ;)
    Same. That's why I'm here. I've used it in the past with no problems, but showed up as a virus yesterday. I wonder what's up, back to using SamFirm for now.

Pretty nasty too if you look up what that virus does too, I'm staying clear, I'm only here because I returned a UK S10 plus exynos which I had beta 10 on in favour of a G9750 China with Qualcomm and now the members app is not giving me the Android 10 beta notice even though it's supposed to be available for this model.

New version 1.4.2 is out and your virus issue should be gone with new update/release. OP will be updated when @invmini is online
    You can download it form here: https://github.com/wssyncmldm/frija/releases/download/v1.4.2/Frija-v1.4.2.zip

v1.4.2 Update Notes:
    Code:
    • Improved Firmware search method
    • Added support for Dual Sim model
    • Added Frija sage number in About Page
    • Load Samsung dll libraries in efficient way
    • Fixed sub text for on/off in Settings Page