[Tool] Frija - Samsung firmware downloader/checker

Search This thread

lovekangaroo

Oct 3, 2022
Hello, after Odin is done. It's pass and succeed. How come my system did not get downgraded? It stayed at UI4.1?
odin.JPG

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Thank you for your help. It was a typo. Please see the images below for the model and the file I used. The firmware file I used matches the model of my device. Why it couldn't downgrade?
View attachment 5726215
View attachment 5726375
"Downgrade" means going to an earlier version. But Frija only gives you whatever the newest/latest version is. Therefore, if downgrading is your goal, Frija is NOT the place you want to get the firmware from

Reactions: DaOldMan

C3R741N

Nov 21, 2019
Frija tool back to pausing quarter way through download and fails to complete. Might be time for a new update on this

Last edited:

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Has anyone tried to run this tool on Linux, via WINE? I know Frija needs Microsoft Visual C redistributables installed, but most of those can be installed in WINE too.

Linux already has Heimdall for flashing Samsung firmware. Now we just need a way to run Frija in Linux, without booting Windows. If there will never be a native Linux port, then running it in WINE is the next best thing.

I plan to try this myself soon, to see if it will work.

Martins222

Feb 27, 2021
Good day everyone. I am trying to download SM-N986U1 using Samfirm, after download complete and crc32 matched, it gets stuck on 'decrypting firmware'

Any help?

ForestCat

Nov 29, 2012
Does anyone know a way, using windows/mac/linux/another rooted phone/etc., to download a carrier-specific OTA incremental update zip, NOT FULL ROM, directly from Samsung (or anywhere else)?
I need the ~Sep/Oct 2020 update ~300MB, (the full ROM is ~3GB), for an SM-N910T. Every link I've found so far is dead, including anything on archive.org. Need badly. Thanks.

alirz

Oct 1, 2014
This doesnt seem to be pulling the latest FW, at least for me for a samsung s22+ (S906U1) XAA Device. Even though the fw has rolled out to that model. I got it over the air two days ago but Frija still shows last months fw.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * * * PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE INSTALLING TO YOUR DEVICES AT ALL TIMES AND ME AND THE DEVELOPER ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SORT OF DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE * * *

Hey Guys :)

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
    Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
    Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
    Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
    Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
    Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
    It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
    NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

• Improved firmware search.
    • Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
    • Updated some message strings displayed to user

• Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
    • Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

• Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
    • New Settings option
    • Removed support message feature and added new Issue Tracker URL
    • Overall UI improvement
    • Added setting to disable CRC check

• Improved Firmware search method
    • Added support for Dual Sim model
    • Added Frija sage number in About Page
    • Load Samsung dll libraries in efficient way
    • Fixed sub text for on/off in Settings Page

• Fixed firmware lookup and download issue

• Fixed an issue where if firmware paused and resumed after downloading more than 1.9 GB failed to download complete firmware
    • Added invite link to Frija Discord

• New UI
    • Improved performance, better error/exception logging
    • Independent of Samsung dll libraries
    • Improved CRC check
    • UI includes more details on Download, CRC validation and Decrypt processes
    • New Fluent UI with Light/Dark and System theme support
    • New Auto mode to retrieve firmware from FUS server for device connected to PC
    • Frija now uses Samsung drivers instead of ADB to pull device info needed to find the firmware in Auto mode.
    • Added a dialog box notifying users that firmware has been successfully downloaded.
    • Mica effect on Windows 11 for both dark and light theme.
    • Added many small UI improvements
    • Fixes issue where Frija v1.4.4 can no longer download any firmware

You can find the download for Frija here.
    For now the software is for Windows only. As for now the developer doesn't have any plans to release the code to the public.

That's sad to hear. I''m not willing to setup a windows installation somewhere just to run some closed source code. Opening the source would make it possible for others to port the code to linux or at least have a look at it and audit it. Not only for security concerns but also to hunt bugs and report them. I'm really uncomfortable running closed source software from a random guy on some random internet forum.
    Will there be a linux build or is it windows only?
    Also it would be nice to have the sources available to audit the code and make sure it does no nasty stuff. ;)
    Same. That's why I'm here. I've used it in the past with no problems, but showed up as a virus yesterday. I wonder what's up, back to using SamFirm for now.

Pretty nasty too if you look up what that virus does too, I'm staying clear, I'm only here because I returned a UK S10 plus exynos which I had beta 10 on in favour of a G9750 China with Qualcomm and now the members app is not giving me the Android 10 beta notice even though it's supposed to be available for this model.

New version 1.4.2 is out and your virus issue should be gone with new update/release. OP will be updated when @invmini is online
    You can download it form here: https://github.com/wssyncmldm/frija/releases/download/v1.4.2/Frija-v1.4.2.zip

v1.4.2 Update Notes:
    Code:
    • Improved Firmware search method
    • Added support for Dual Sim model
    • Added Frija sage number in About Page
    • Load Samsung dll libraries in efficient way
    • Fixed sub text for on/off in Settings Page