[Tool] Frija - Samsung firmware downloader/checker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

invmini

Feb 20, 2018
Hey Guys :)

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

* Improved firmware search.
* Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
* Updated some message strings displayed to user

* Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
* Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

* Added error message if Microsoft Redist packages are missing
* New Settings option
* Removed support message feature and added new Issue Tracker URL
* Overall UI improvement
* Added setting to disable CRC check

Mod Edit: ATTACHMENT REMOVED UNTIL VERIFIED SAFE

Last edited by a moderator:

italbomber

Jan 6, 2011
New York
Thank you OP for this. I downloaded the U1 and the csc Verizon. Has anyone tried to flash this? Any features lost?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Stuart R

Feb 26, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue. :p

Updates:
NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

* Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update

* New Settings option
* Overall UI improvement

This won't run under Windows 10 even when forced. In fact Windows deleted the executable saying it contained a virus or was unwanted software. Anyone else have better luck?

uhi711

Apr 28, 2013
This won't run under Windows 10 even when forced. In fact Windows deleted the executable saying it contained a virus or was unwanted software. Anyone else have better luck?
After unzipping the downloaded file and before running the executable, I scanned the exe file with the Windows Defender and a trojan virus was found in it. I deleted everything without thinking twice.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I have been downloading since one year from sam firmware tool. Some say its depricated , nope i get all the latest stock firmware releases from here.

No viruses, Fast download speed and i have downloaded full firmwares for Note8,9, S9+ and recently Note 10+

Try it out , you would be happy. Just unzip the archive and run the exe.

Attachments

• SamFirm_v0.3.6.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 394

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
I can confirm I had the virus issues my end. Both windows and Kaspersky were reporting Trojans under 1.3.0 and 1.4.1 and everytime I unzipped it the file was instantly deleted

Not normal in my experience with Frija

Reactions: Stuart R

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
I can confirm I had the virus issues my end. Both windows and Kaspersky were reporting Trojans under 1.3.0 and 1.4.1 and everytime I unzipped it the file was instantly deleted

My Norton's anti virus
also identified Frija, as containing
a virus, when i unzip it and grabbed the file.
With Samfirm i never had any hassles with my anti-virus..!
I also deleted Frija.

For me it's very strange /suspicious, that members
"punting" /distributing Frija, has not sought to explain... why.?

Reactions: Reaper1337

uhi711

Apr 28, 2013
In order to be safe, one can use the Sandboxie program, which is free for now, to run Frija and download the firmwares. Sandboxie creates a safe environment in which it is possible to run any program without endangering the system. Programs run in a sand box can't make any changes to the operating system. After the download is finished, the user is given the possibility to keep the downloaded file and all other changes are deleted. But you will have to tell first your antivirus that Frija is safe, in order to avoid to be deleted. This won't harm your system as long as you won't run Frija outside Sandboxie.
Install Sandboxie and let it make the changes it requires. After that, right click on Frija and choose Run in Sandboxie (or sandboxed). After running Frija in a sandbox, its window will have a red or oranje contour in order to let you know that the program is run in a sandbox. I tried it and it works fine.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Sandboxie is built-in also in certain antivirus programs, like Avast.

kabuk1

I'm having a really weird issue trying to run this. I extract it, I try to run the exe, windows says it can't find frija.exe, and then I notice the exe has disappeared. I just tried to extract & run it again and watched the exe disappear as I was clicking it.

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
To those members that interested , re Frija .......
It seems clear that the Frija link that the OP has posted contains virus etc .???
If you read above post, this it quite clear ??

I have downloaded Frija from @henklbr thread re post #4
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-10+/how-to/ash5-official-stock-fw-update-odin-t3957812

I downloaded zip and extracted it .
also scanned it with Norton s no virus found ..!
If OP can perhaps explain where he got his Frija copy from ..? as it is clear it contains virus ?
I will report matter to a mod to remove zip
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Updates:

Changelog:

* New Settings option
    * Overall UI improvement

Mod Edit: ATTACHMENT REMOVED UNTIL VERIFIED SAFE
    I have been downloading since one year from sam firmware tool. Some say its depricated , nope i get all the latest stock firmware releases from here.

No viruses, Fast download speed and i have downloaded full firmwares for Note8,9, S9+ and recently Note 10+

Try it out , you would be happy. Just unzip the archive and run the exe.
    * * * Thread Closed * * *

My Norton's anti virus
    also identified Frija, as containing
    a virus, when i unzip it and grabbed the file.
    With Samfirm i never had any hassles with my anti-virus..!
    I also deleted Frija.

For me it's very strange /suspicious, that members
    "punting" /distributing Frija, has not sought to explain... why.?