• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL:FROZEN] Faznx's HDX ToolKit v0.96b

Search This thread

EncryptedCurse

Jul 9, 2014
Coming soon to a Kindle near you? :)

fcRVL.png

I'm probably taking on more than my knowledge permits. So far, it mostly just consists of safeguards and form validation. :p
Still trying to figure out how to use AndroidLib.

yixiaxian

Mar 31, 2013
I just got my kindle fire hdx 7 64GB with 4G lte, and I would like to root it that's why I found this place. My device's version is 13.3.2.5_user_325001120 and I'm trying to use the ToolKit v0.95 to root it.

The problem that I have is, when I choose use the Towelroot, it says:

[*]Installing Towelroot...
error: device not found
- waiting for device -

Is this normal? Shall I wait or do something else to make it process? thanks!

p.s. I have installed adb driver in the default location and my computer can recognize it.

Last edited:

EncryptedCurse

Jul 9, 2014
I just got my kindle fire hdx 7 64GB with 4G lte, and I would like to root it that's why I found this place. My device's version is 13.3.2.5_user_325001120 and I'm trying to use the ToolKit v0.95 to root it.

- waiting for device -

p.s. I have installed adb driver in the default location and my computer can recognize it.

Sounds like it's a driver issue.
Check this: https://developer.amazon.com/post/T...p-the-ADB-driver-for-Kindle-Fire-Devices.html

Reactions: Nils1234

zswielder

Feb 25, 2011

- waiting for device -

I'm in the same situation. I just bought Kindle Fire HDX 7 64gig LTE (I'm guessing you got it on Amazon's one day sale too?). Have you managed to root yours? I've owned many Android devices and rooted, modded, etc., but I'm a bit nervous to touch this one because of all these warnings and horror stories all over in this forum lol...

yixiaxian

Mar 31, 2013
I'm in the same situation. I just bought Kindle Fire HDX 7 64gig LTE (I'm guessing you got it on Amazon's one day sale too?). Have you managed to root yours? I've owned many Android devices and rooted, modded, etc., but I'm a bit nervous to touch this one because of all these warnings and horror stories all over in this forum lol...

I use the towelroot apk and it works. I think the toolkit basically incorporates both the towelroot for rooting and another xposed for blocking ota. So I put the towelroot apk in the device and root it. Then install the xposed. After all I tried the toolkit again and it finally works.

Also there is another post just a little bit before my previous post which talks about how to delete the driver in the computer and I did that. Maybe that also will help.

zswielder

Feb 25, 2011
I use the towelroot apk and it works. I think the toolkit basically incorporates both the towelroot for rooting and another xposed for blocking ota. So I put the towelroot apk in the device and root it. Then install the xposed. After all I tried the toolkit again and it finally works.

Also there is another post just a little bit before my previous post which talks about how to delete the driver in the computer and I did that. Maybe that also will help.

Thank you for the info. Just to clarify, did you download towelroot on your HDX via internet? Or, did you put it on HDX via USB from your computer? I haven't connected this device to the internet because I don't want it to do any kind of updates automatically. And, why did you try the toolkit again if you already rooted and installed xposed?

yixiaxian

Mar 31, 2013
Thank you for the info. Just to clarify, did you download towelroot on your HDX via internet? Or, did you put it on HDX via USB from your computer? I haven't connected this device to the internet because I don't want it to do any kind of updates automatically. And, why did you try the toolkit again if you already rooted and installed xposed?

I use my computer to download the apk and then connect hdx to the computer and drop the apk file to the download folder in hdx. Then I install the app and click the button there. And yes don't connect to the internet until you block the ota :)

Reactions: zswielder

zswielder

Feb 25, 2011
I use my computer to download the apk and then connect hdx to the computer and drop the apk file to the download folder in hdx. Then I install the app and click the button there. And yes don't connect to the internet until you block the ota :)

Thank you. I appreciate it :) By the way, is your LTE still working? I came across a post that said their LTE didn't work after rooting and installing xposed. Just wanna make sure.

namnoops

Jun 15, 2012
München
Custom ROM on Fire HDX 7

I've been reading and reading and can't find an answer to my question.
I just received "brand new" HDX 7 that shipped with 13.3.0.2.

I can't seem to find what the procedure is for me to root and unlock in order to install CM11.
Any help will be appreciated.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I've been reading and reading and can't find an answer to my question.
I just received "brand new" HDX 7 that shipped with 13.3.0.2.

I can't seem to find what the procedure is for me to root and unlock in order to install CM11.
Any help will be appreciated.

1. Disable WiFi and remove any existing WiFi profiles (belt and suspenders)
2. Use the HDX Toolkit to root and block future OTAs; see first post in this thread for links (done via tether; standard USB cable is fine)
3. Flash TWRP Thor
4. Update bootloader to 13.3.3 (optional but recommended)

Read through other threads to select the CM variant appropriate to your device/needs. As always READ, READ, READ before flashing anything. Good luck.

benyo8990

Oct 1, 2012
getting a problem

im in the version 13.3.2.5 and i make all the steps and rebot and it say that is in the version 13.3.0.9 im root have super su but when i install the update it say kindle hdx unable to complete update because the update file is not valid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OF ANY SORT.
    BY USING THIS SOFTWARE YOU TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY.
    PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Kindle Fire HDX Toolkit v0.96b

About:
    A user friendly toolkit for [Thor] Kindle Fire HDX 7" and [Apollo] Kindle Fire HDX 8.4"
    Copyright: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Development Status:
    Stable/FROZEN

v0.96b batch released

Features:

• Includes the adb driver for both devices.
    • Can root KF-HDX 7" versions 13.3.0.513.3.2.6
    • Can root KF-HDX 8.4" versions 14.3.0.514.3.2.6
    • SuperSU v2.14 installer.
    • Over the air update blocker and re-enabler for all current rootable versions.
    • HDXposed v1.3 & Xposed Framework v32 installer.
    • Safestrap for Thor [13.3.2.1 and earlier] Thor-3.72.apk and Apollo [14.3.2.1 and earlier] Apollo-3.72.apk
    Downloads:
    KFHDX Toolkit v0.96b: Main: MediaFire
    KFHDX Toolkit v0.95: Main: MediaFire Mirror: MEGA
    Legacy Versions

Additional File Info:
    KFHDX ToolKit v0.96b.zip - SHA1: 50B9211BCBE53169DCEAA3DB48D3561C4E120D23
    KFHDX ToolKit v0.95.zip - SHA1: 556A60867CB307F4AAC4BABCAE7A3243B413ED8C

Jcase - For the original rooting method!
    Moronig - For the modified rooting method for Thor!
    Geohot - For Towelroot!
    Hashcode - For safestrap!
    Cpasjuste - For HDXposed and your roms!
    Gsleon3 - For general forum support!

Remarks:
    Enjoy and play safe!
    DO NOT TRUST OTHER MIRRORS OF THE TOOLKIT
    -Quick update-

Since Amazon keeps pushing updates and not a whole lot of work is being done (except some talk on Chinese forums) at cracking the device, this post may not see many updates unless things start popping off again. I'm still here and planning on staying. Fyi my device is still rooted on 13.3.1.0 running gapps rom-v2 off a rom slot. My stock rom is in airplane mode. I'm planning on remove the HDXposed app from the utility since it has no effect at blocking the stock system from updating over the air. Give it some time. Amazon will slip up on a future update, and when the time is right we'll be ready and snag another root. As of now we should focus on fastboot (dissecting the boot-up sequence), Amazon signing, and b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶. What we need most is more people. Watching some action in the Kindle Fire HD forum may hand us some useful ideas. Stay mellow
    This is what I did to get Playstore working with no error pop ups.

FIRST:
    Hi !

Installation :
    • Download and install the "Xposed Framework"
    • Download and install the "HDXPosed.apk" file.
    • Launch the "Xposed" application
    • Go to framework and click install
    • Go to modules and enable HDXPosed
    • Reboot

Then install these apks: https://mega.co.nz/#F!8Q10yAiZ!4GVoGr7FJtXauVI3kvPSMQ

Mirror: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...4&authkey=!AIVXLFXAOWDeM0Q&ithint=folder,.apk

After you install the apks open the Playstore and sign in.

Also if you want to add a second Google account this is one way I found. (if you know another way please tell me)
    1.If you don't have google play music, download and install it.
    Once you open it you should be able to see and tap on Add account.

2.If you've already signed in:
    Open Google Play Music.
    Go to settings.
    Tap on Google Account.
    Then tap Add account.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    No.
    Not to be mean but I know very little java/c. I'm good with configuring networks and scripting. Everyday I'm learning more and more about android. Hell, yesterday I learned about logcat and launching apps with am start and intents. I'm putting all I can into learning and gaining a bigger skill set. I'm all ears.

I contacted Hash. I think he's fairly busy right now, kids out of school & all, but I'll let you know what I hear whenever I do. I started going thru the old kernel & source & comparing it to the latest source, which still isn't 3.2.3.2, but hopefully close enough, to see if I can spot any address changes.

Interesting, the HDX is currently vulnerable to at least 3 separate exploits right now, well, technically has been this whole time. Just took a few more SD800+ SoC to start getting them applied in the wild.
    I can confirm this root method working with my KFHDX 7"....
    Version 13.3.2.3.2

1) Download HDX Toolkit v0.94
    2) Extract to a folder in C:\
    3) Run HDX Toolkit
    4) Install ADB Drivers via Toolkit
    5) Root via Towelroot in Toolkit
    6) Install SuperSu via Toolkit
    7) Check for root via Toolkit (Under 5. More...)

Shazam.
    I might take the time here soon to roll back to 13.3.1.0 so I can install SafeStrap but with my workload odds are Hashcode will have a new version of SafeStrap for 13/14.3.2.3.2 by the time I get back to playing with this sucker :D
    Who knows, maybe by then someone will figure out how to unlock the bootloader! :cool: