• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL:FROZEN] Faznx's HDX ToolKit v0.96b

Search This thread

stefanero313

Jan 23, 2010
hmm bad timing I guess,
I just found this thread, and today my kinde updated to 13.3.2.5, so I guess this is not working yet

at least the tool cannot find the kindle at the point where I want to install SU-App... :-/

v941726

Jun 7, 2010
Rochester NY
What if I just want to root and be able to get the playstore and get rid of the ads. I like the fire OS and want the updates. I have an N10 rooted like that. And please don't tell me to read every post here. I've done the search. Took a while to even find this thread
Only a newb to the fire OS. Is this what I need to do that?

Last edited:

xenx

Feb 26, 2007
Everett, WA
What if I just want to root and be able to get the playstore and get rid of the ads. I like the fire OS and want the updates. I have an N10 rooted like that. And please don't tell me to read every post here. I've done the search. Took a while to even find this thread
Only a newb to the fire OS. Is this what I need to do that?

It'll apply root and Safestrap. It can also disable updates. There is a link at the top of the OP to install the Gapps. All of that is laid out in the OP. Outside of that, I would recommend disabling updates as you don't know when they might break root. You can always choose to update or not afterwards.

Reactions: v941726

v941726

Jun 7, 2010
Rochester NY
It'll apply root and Safestrap. It can also disable updates. There is a link at the top of the OP to install the Gapps. All of that is laid out in the OP. Outside of that, I would recommend disabling updates as you don't know when they might break root. You can always choose to update or not afterwards.

But I want the updates.Can I reroot with this app?
Also. Will it wipe everything? And do I need safestrap? Never used Odin or safestrap with my phone. So do I actually need it with the kindle?

Last edited:

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
But I want the updates.Can I reroot with this app?
Also. Will it wipe everything? And do I need safestrap? Never used Odin or safestrap with my phone. So do I actually need it with the kindle?

You might want to re-read some or all of the posts here. ;) The whole point of this toolkit is to:

(1) root your device (you can do this with towelroot too- don't need this toolkit just to root)

(2) Stop OTA forced updates because you MAY lose the ability to root at all if the exploit is patched by the update

(3) Apply safestrap for a custom recovery and flash a rom other than the Native kindle OS. Since you love that OS, No need for safestrap. Safestrap is also tricky- you can easily brick your tablet if you don't know what you are doing. I steered clear of safestrap because I have absolutely no experience with it and I don't want to kill my kindle before I get to use it. And lastly to install google play market. And get access to other Launchers for me- I am using Nova launcher. There is another thread that teaches how to get google play market on your kindle.

Once you receive an update that breaks root, and there is not a tool to root the new update, than all of the above is lost.

So if you only just want to root, use TowelrootV1. You can then install market, gapps, etc by following instructions on the other thread. Just look for the other thread -"How to install google play market" or something like that. Also it's the one about installing the " Xposed Module to get market working" Make sure you read the whole thread before doing it. It's a little confusing, and a lot of good posts clear that up. Good luck! :)

If I am off on any of this, someone please jump in and correct me. Thanks!

Last edited:

v941726

Jun 7, 2010
Rochester NY
I did get root finally. Can't get playstore though. I get comments that "it's so easy". But I don't find anything that's useful. If I could get playstore, I should be good to go from there.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

TOWELROOT works perfectly fine on 13.3.2.5

I have 14.3.2.5. But I do have root now.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

yichen382

Aug 5, 2011
Anything I try to do, I get "waiting for device..." as if it can not find my HDX 7. I have adb driver installed. And I enabled adb on the pad. I tried reboot and still same thing. I am on 13.3.1.0. My pc is windows XP. when i connect to hdx, it does show a pop up. I can copy files back and forth between pc and pad. Any idea? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Faznx92

Nov 18, 2013
I would assume the update blocker will work against the upcoming Fire os 4.4 update?

sent from hdx+ with tapatalk
No, you need a rooted device.

Anything I try to do, I get "waiting for device..." as if it can not find my HDX 7. I have adb driver installed. And I enabled adb on the pad. I tried reboot and still same thing. I am on 13.3.1.0. My pc is windows XP. when i connect to hdx, it does show a pop up. I can copy files back and forth between pc and pad. Any idea? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app
I need screenshots of your issue. "waiting for device..." means the adb driver isn't installed. This might help you, I made this driver guide for my older scripts. ALSO, you may need to "safely remove hardware' before install the driver. I had a similar issue a while ago.

Attachments

• Driver.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 319
Last edited:

Tschesko

Oct 8, 2011
Hey. many Thanks to you for your work!
I got a Question for you.
im running 13.1.1.0 und got rootet.
What are the advantages from the latest fireos update, 3.2.5 or 4.5.1?
Can I get updatet to the newest FireOS and still be rottet at the same time?

Thanks for your answer man!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OF ANY SORT.
    BY USING THIS SOFTWARE YOU TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY.
    PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Kindle Fire HDX Toolkit v0.96b

About:
    A user friendly toolkit for [Thor] Kindle Fire HDX 7" and [Apollo] Kindle Fire HDX 8.4"
    Copyright: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Development Status:
    Stable/FROZEN

v0.96b batch released

Features:

• Includes the adb driver for both devices.
    • Can root KF-HDX 7" versions 13.3.0.513.3.2.6
    • Can root KF-HDX 8.4" versions 14.3.0.514.3.2.6
    • SuperSU v2.14 installer.
    • Over the air update blocker and re-enabler for all current rootable versions.
    • HDXposed v1.3 & Xposed Framework v32 installer.
    • Safestrap for Thor [13.3.2.1 and earlier] Thor-3.72.apk and Apollo [14.3.2.1 and earlier] Apollo-3.72.apk
    Downloads:
    KFHDX Toolkit v0.96b: Main: MediaFire
    KFHDX Toolkit v0.95: Main: MediaFire Mirror: MEGA
    Legacy Versions

Additional File Info:
    KFHDX ToolKit v0.96b.zip - SHA1: 50B9211BCBE53169DCEAA3DB48D3561C4E120D23
    KFHDX ToolKit v0.95.zip - SHA1: 556A60867CB307F4AAC4BABCAE7A3243B413ED8C

Jcase - For the original rooting method!
    Moronig - For the modified rooting method for Thor!
    Geohot - For Towelroot!
    Hashcode - For safestrap!
    Cpasjuste - For HDXposed and your roms!
    Gsleon3 - For general forum support!

Remarks:
    Enjoy and play safe!
    DO NOT TRUST OTHER MIRRORS OF THE TOOLKIT
    -Quick update-

Since Amazon keeps pushing updates and not a whole lot of work is being done (except some talk on Chinese forums) at cracking the device, this post may not see many updates unless things start popping off again. I'm still here and planning on staying. Fyi my device is still rooted on 13.3.1.0 running gapps rom-v2 off a rom slot. My stock rom is in airplane mode. I'm planning on remove the HDXposed app from the utility since it has no effect at blocking the stock system from updating over the air. Give it some time. Amazon will slip up on a future update, and when the time is right we'll be ready and snag another root. As of now we should focus on fastboot (dissecting the boot-up sequence), Amazon signing, and b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶. What we need most is more people. Watching some action in the Kindle Fire HD forum may hand us some useful ideas. Stay mellow
    This is what I did to get Playstore working with no error pop ups.

FIRST:
    Hi !

Installation :
    • Download and install the "Xposed Framework"
    • Download and install the "HDXPosed.apk" file.
    • Launch the "Xposed" application
    • Go to framework and click install
    • Go to modules and enable HDXPosed
    • Reboot

Then install these apks: https://mega.co.nz/#F!8Q10yAiZ!4GVoGr7FJtXauVI3kvPSMQ

Mirror: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...4&authkey=!AIVXLFXAOWDeM0Q&ithint=folder,.apk

After you install the apks open the Playstore and sign in.

Also if you want to add a second Google account this is one way I found. (if you know another way please tell me)
    1.If you don't have google play music, download and install it.
    Once you open it you should be able to see and tap on Add account.

2.If you've already signed in:
    Open Google Play Music.
    Go to settings.
    Tap on Google Account.
    Then tap Add account.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    No.
    Not to be mean but I know very little java/c. I'm good with configuring networks and scripting. Everyday I'm learning more and more about android. Hell, yesterday I learned about logcat and launching apps with am start and intents. I'm putting all I can into learning and gaining a bigger skill set. I'm all ears.

I contacted Hash. I think he's fairly busy right now, kids out of school & all, but I'll let you know what I hear whenever I do. I started going thru the old kernel & source & comparing it to the latest source, which still isn't 3.2.3.2, but hopefully close enough, to see if I can spot any address changes.

Interesting, the HDX is currently vulnerable to at least 3 separate exploits right now, well, technically has been this whole time. Just took a few more SD800+ SoC to start getting them applied in the wild.
    I can confirm this root method working with my KFHDX 7"....
    Version 13.3.2.3.2

1) Download HDX Toolkit v0.94
    2) Extract to a folder in C:\
    3) Run HDX Toolkit
    4) Install ADB Drivers via Toolkit
    5) Root via Towelroot in Toolkit
    6) Install SuperSu via Toolkit
    7) Check for root via Toolkit (Under 5. More...)

Shazam.
    I might take the time here soon to roll back to 13.3.1.0 so I can install SafeStrap but with my workload odds are Hashcode will have a new version of SafeStrap for 13/14.3.2.3.2 by the time I get back to playing with this sucker :D
    Who knows, maybe by then someone will figure out how to unlock the bootloader! :cool: