[TOOL] FTP - ADB Wrapper: Another tool for android file transfers

Search This thread

slowargo

Jun 10, 2013
Purposes:
There are many alternatives to the ****ty MTP, but most of them lack of good/feature-rich UI, don't have good unicode support or require many clicks on both PC and phone sides to use. So I made my own one.
You can connect your phone (with ADB enabled) to your PC via USB and run the tool to start file transfer just like any other adb-based file transfer tools. And you can enjoy features like bookmark/queue/resume transfer/etc which are provided by the FTP client (WinSCP by default).

How it works:
The tool uploads a modified busybox and runs it as an local FTP server on your phone via ADB, then it uses ADB to forward the FTP ports to PC. The tool starts the FTP client when everything is ready. Transfers all go through USB rather than Wifi. The FTP server is automatically killed if your close the FTP client or disconnect your phone.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz7msweEpUT3TjhGdGFqbktoREE

Feedbacks are welcome!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Purposes:
    There are many alternatives to the ****ty MTP, but most of them lack of good/feature-rich UI, don't have good unicode support or require many clicks on both PC and phone sides to use. So I made my own one.
    You can connect your phone (with ADB enabled) to your PC via USB and run the tool to start file transfer just like any other adb-based file transfer tools. And you can enjoy features like bookmark/queue/resume transfer/etc which are provided by the FTP client (WinSCP by default).

How it works:
    The tool uploads a modified busybox and runs it as an local FTP server on your phone via ADB, then it uses ADB to forward the FTP ports to PC. The tool starts the FTP client when everything is ready. Transfers all go through USB rather than Wifi. The FTP server is automatically killed if your close the FTP client or disconnect your phone.

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz7msweEpUT3TjhGdGFqbktoREE

Feedbacks are welcome!