[TOOL][JAVA]"The Rom Fumbler" aka "The Battery Icon Creator"[V32.0][Nov-01 2013]

Search This thread

OlliG

Sep 27, 2012
Hey I just checked now :)

And interesting list which I will look forward too seeing :thumbup:

So basically right now as good as the mod is i won't be able to use it on. Ics RR2.7 purely due to the size as it sticks it too much from the rest of icons in status bar.

I just noticed now even on RR jb the mod is slightly taller then the rest of the icons so will check out ur new 3.0 version if that helps.

Keep up the great development and making it more possible for noobs to modding to get off thier ass and make thier

The icons are still the same size in 3.0. ... And you choose a type that's quiet big..or looks big because it uses almost all pixels... Try the arc battery it looks much better ... (Ok it might be a little big too...but I like it...)

But I just found out how to resize in java...must check the quality, before I implement this!

That reminds me of something... I wanted to try a battery that is much wider than high...ok, it takes more space, but might give completly new, never seen before styles ! Need to add it to the todo-list :)

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
The icons are still the same size in 3.0. ... And you choose a type that's quiet big..or looks big because it uses almost all pixels... Try the arc battery it looks much better ... (Ok it might be a little big too...but I like it...)

But I just found out how to resize in java...must check the quality, before I implement this!

That reminds me of something... I wanted to try a battery that is much wider than high...ok, it takes more space, but might give completly new, never seen before styles ! Need to add it to the todo-list :)

Hi Buddy I thought i would give it another go on ics using version 3. This time I decided to use vertical (great minds think alike like;) and yes takes more space side ways but I can live it. :)

Ics RR 2.7 with my new custom mod

8yva2apy.jpg

4a8y2u2y.jpg

This for me is a great result and ur way is the future. :thumbup:;)

Edit.

@ OLLIG when u gonna get an avatar for ur profile. I recommend you use that green duck in ur mod tool:D

PHONE : SGSII
Sent via: Tapatalk 2
Main ROM: RR ics 2.7 (ONLINE)
2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9
KERNEL : Dorimanx 5.85
MODEM : LPS
ROOT APP : SuperSu

Last edited:
Reactions: OlliG and lakicamm

OlliG

Sep 27, 2012
Hi Buddy I thought i would give it another go on ics using version 3. This time I decided to use vertical (great minds think alike like;) and yes takes more space side ways but I can live it. :)

Ics RR 2.7 with my new custom mod

8yva2apy.jpg

4a8y2u2y.jpg

This for me is a great result and ur way is the future. :thumbup:;)

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9

Thanks, it's great to see my tool in action...v4.0 will have the resize option!

Reactions: THE RED BLUR

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
Thanks, it's great to see my tool in action...v4.0 will have the resize option!

U are a legend dude. :thumbup:

This thread I will be keeping a close eye on from now on. I see great things on the horizon.

I will share my good fortune with as many people that I know using aokp ics roms and JB. Should I post my mod on RR mod thread and of course with link to this thread and credit to u for ur great tool. ;)

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9

I

ibnmurad

slightly bigger to me...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349479378357.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349479378357.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 494

lakicamm

i guess you already know this, but i will type it anyway :)

used your great app to create mod for rr 2.7, and it created xhdpi folder. however, systemui.apk for rr 2.7 doesnt have xhdpi, only hdpi folder (as you already know, of course).
i extracted original systemui.apk, and png files for battery are 28x28 pixels, and the files inside flashable zip are 41x41... resizing have to be done heheh :)

great work, was looking for that kind of app, cant wait to use it for my rr 2.7 :):):)

edit: a little suggestion, it would be nice if you could add support for different fonts if your app uses fonts and then renders them to pngs... but if your numbers are bitmaps, then it would be too much heh

Last edited:

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
i guess you already know this, but i will type it anyway :)

used your great app to create mod for rr 2.7, and it created xhdpi folder. however, systemui.apk for rr 2.7 doesnt have xhdpi, only hdpi folder (as you already know, of course).
i extracted original systemui.apk, and png files for battery are 28x28 pixels, and the files inside flashable zip are 41x41... resizing have to be done heheh :)

great work, was looking for that kind of app, cant wait to use it for my rr 2.7 :):):)

edit: a little suggestion, it would be nice if you could add support for different fonts if your app uses fonts and then renders them to pngs... but if your numbers are bitmaps, then it would be too much heh

Dude.:what: why didn't u tick the box that clearly states zip output to HDPI. :confused:

I'm on the same rom and i posted how well it worked out for me. :p

And he is fully aware of the size issue. Just check the OP and a couple of posts up. Come on this thread is only 3 pages. He said on next release thier will be option to resize. :)

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9

Last edited:

lakicamm

Dude.:what: why didn't u tick the box that clearly states zip output to HDPI. :confused:

I'm on the same rom and i posted how well it worked out for me. :p

And he is fully aware of the size issue. Just check the OP and a couple of posts up. Come on this thread is only 3 pages. He said on next release thier will be option to resize. :)

Heheh i read whole thread, but i missed the hdpi zip output, and since noone mentioned resolutions od png files, i somehow thought it couldnt hurt to bring it up... anyways sorry if my post looked rude, that wasnt my intention - it was more like confirmation ;)

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
Heheh i read whole thread, but i missed the hdpi zip output, and since noone mentioned resolutions od png files, i somehow thought it couldnt hurt to bring it up... anyways sorry if my post looked rude, that wasnt my intention - it was more like confirmation ;)

No it didnt come across rude;)

But I was surprised u had a problem because u saw it worked for me so I thought u would have questioned what u may have done wrong. :)

But Nevermind u know now. So have another go. This mod tool I feel is just gonna get better and better.

And that was some interesting info u stated about the file sizes being double then what we have.

But matters not the man has found a way to sort this and we will have the option to resize on next release. :)

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9

I

ibnmurad

is it possible to get 4 colors say 100 - 60 blue, 59 - 30 yellow 29 - 11 orange 10 - 0 red?

OlliG

Sep 27, 2012
New Version 4.1 is out !

Oct-06-2012 : Release 4.1
  • Bugfix correcting path for icons in flashable zip
Oct-06-2012 : Release 4.0
  • Resize-Option to make the icons fit better in the Statusbar
  • Default-Sizes for any supported dpi
  • Finetuning option to finetune the defaultsize
  • Choose between advanced and normal resize algorithm (...check out for yourself what you like most)
  • Now supports ROMS with 720dp and 600dp

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
New Version 4.1 is out !

Oct-06-2012 : Release 4.1
  • Bugfix correcting path for icons in flashable zip
Oct-06-2012 : Release 4.0
  • Resize-Option to make the icons fit better in the Statusbar
  • Default-Sizes for any supported dpi
  • Finetuning option to finetune the defaultsize
  • Choose between advanced and normal resize algorithm (...check out for yourself what you like most)
  • Now supports ROMS with 720dp and 600dp

Buddy it worked like a charm. :thumbup:

The resizing feature and new output system working flawlessly.

I made two versions now for ics and JB.

Here's a screen shot of the new ics version with hight value 27.

azave9eh.jpg

I will see how the jb one looks with hight value set to 30.:)

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9
KERNEL : Dorimanx 5.86 B1

Smarty sharma

Aug 21, 2012
Bikaner, Rajasthan
Buddy it worked like a charm. :thumbup:

The resizing feature and new output system working flawlessly.

I made two versions now for ics and JB.

Here's a screen shot of the new ics version with hight value 27.

azave9eh.jpg

I will see how the jb one looks with hight value set to 30.:)

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9

Please share it....

Phone : SGSII
Main Rom : RR 2.7 (Dori mod services.jar) <Online>
2nd Rom : B&P A.O.K.P Official Build 3
Kernel : Dorimanx 5.85
Modem : LPS
Root app : SuperSu
Sent via : XDA app

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
Please share it....

Phone : SGSII
Main Rom : RR 2.7 (Dori mod services.jar) <Online>
2nd Rom : B&P A.O.K.P Official Build 3
Kernel : Dorimanx 5.85
Modem : LPS
Root app : SuperSu
Sent via : XDA app

Yes brother I will. ;) Give a couple of minutes.

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9

Top Liked Posts