[TOOL] Lock/Unlock Bootloader + Remove Tampered | Aroma GUI

Search This thread

joho5

Oct 20, 2011
The installer doesn't work on my phone... It says it does it all successfully but when I check bootloader it's still locked and tampered. I chose to unlock bootloader and remove tampered text.

And yes I am s-off and on hboot 1.55

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
The installer doesn't work on my phone... It says it does it all successfully but when I check bootloader it's still locked and tampered. I chose to unlock bootloader and remove tampered text.

And yes I am s-off and on hboot 1.55

More than likely it is because you are not running TWRP 2.6.3.3. Since I have posted this tool, they have pulled that version leaving 2.6.3.0 the most current version on the website. So until they place 2.6.3.3 back up you will have to use CWM in order to use this.

Reactions: rootlinux

joho5

Oct 20, 2011
More than likely it is because you are not running TWRP 2.6.3.3. Since I have posted this tool, they have pulled that version leaving 2.6.3.0 the most current version on the website. So until they place 2.6.3.3 back up you will have to use CWM in order to use this.

You are correct... I don't have 2.6.3.3....i have 2.6.3.0 why was it pulled?

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
You are correct... I don't have 2.6.3.3....i have 2.6.3.0 why was it pulled?

A few minor issues. Charging in recovery didn't work. Some new 4.4 rom's wouldn't flash correctly.
Non of them effected me and I am using that version fine.
I'm sure they will post an updated version soon.

The older versions of TWRP don't allow write access to the partitions we need for this to work but CWM did. All future releases of TWRP should work as they now allow writing to that partition, but they have to fix the other issues.

Reactions: rootlinux

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

Hi crushalot, just wanted to confirm the LOCKED / UNLOCKED works with CWM 6.0.3.2; couldnt try tampered, as it's already removed (maybe you wanna add a "set TAMPERED" option ;))

joho5

Oct 20, 2011
Hi crushalot, just wanted to confirm the LOCKED / UNLOCKED works with CWM 6.0.3.2; couldnt try tampered, as it's already removed (maybe you wanna add a "set TAMPERED" option ;))

So 2.6.3.3 isn't official...do we have it as a link to download somewhere?

thanks

taha198

Hey crushalot, i got a serious problem. I am soff and locked the BL with this tool. Next i updated firmware to 3.63.707.3 and flashed your stock rom 3.63.707.3 with stock recovery. Now i cant flash twrp and have no root access and bootloader is locked. Also i do not have adb acees in bootloader but adb is working fine while booted in rom. Could you make your RUU for this rom with twrp or is there a way to unlock bootloader or gain root access with locked bootloader. I am still SOFF Thanks.

DaringDomino3s

Feb 10, 2013
Bradenton
Twerp 2.6.3.3 is bunk? If I go back to the older twrps I won't be able to flash any 4.4 roms tho.

How bad is the issue with it? I have a recovery back up for 2.6.3.2 & 2.6.3.3, but I'm tiring of CWM'S interface, even touch is inefficient (to me)

@crushalot Thanks, man, I wondered why I couldn't get it, I thought it was because of the Rom I was using..this just gained more value.

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
Yes, it should work in that version of CWM.
I don't think I will add the option to trigger the Tampered flag especially because the default value is different for a few of the phone variants. The value to clear the flag is the same on all. This adb shell command can be used to bring back the flag on M7 U/UL devices:
echo -ne '\x02' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 bs=1 seek=4265988

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
Hey crushalot, i got a serious problem. I am soff and locked the BL with this tool. Next i updated firmware to 3.63.707.3 and flashed your stock rom 3.63.707.3 with stock recovery. Now i cant flash twrp and have no root access and bootloader is locked. Also i do not have adb acees in bootloader but adb is working fine while booted in rom. Could you make your RUU for this rom with twrp or is there a way to unlock bootloader or gain root access with locked bootloader. I am still SOFF Thanks.
Since your bootloader is locked you can't flash a custom recovery to replace stock. You should be able to boot into your phones OS and then use this adb shell command to unlock your bootloader:
echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796

You will need root for this, so try the links on this thread for SU
See this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46301380

If you can't get SU to use the echo command, you will have to get a new token from htcdev and unlock again the original way.

Reactions: taha198

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
Twerp 2.6.3.3 is bunk? If I go back to the older twrps I won't be able to flash any 4.4 roms tho.

How bad is the issue with it? I have a recovery back up for 2.6.3.2 & 2.6.3.3, but I'm tiring of CWM'S interface, even touch is inefficient (to me)

@crushalot Thanks, man, I wondered why I couldn't get it, I thought it was because of the Rom I was using..this just gained more value.
I'm still using 2.6.3.3 just fine. I also dislike the CWM interface.
The only 2 issues I have noticed is that the phone doesn't charge when in recovery and occasionally after flashing some packages rather than going back to the recovery screen the screen just goes black and you have to hold all 3 buttons to reboot. The flashes all work fine.

Reactions: DaringDomino3s

DaringDomino3s

Feb 10, 2013
Bradenton
The only 2 issues I have noticed is that the phone doesn't charge when in recovery and occasionally after flashing some packages rather than going back to the recovery screen the screen just goes black and you have to hold all 3 buttons to reboot. The flashes all work fine.

Cool beans, I haven't gotten the black screen, but sometimes .zip's and aroma installer will hang when they didn't on earlier releases.

morgan150

Nov 27, 2013
Leeds
I've got S-OFF, recovered everything to stock using Guru Reset Tool, now I want to remove Tampered and lock the bootloader. How can I do this without flashing the recovery again?

Last edited:

rootlinux

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Cleveland
youtube.com
When I try it it hoses my recovery and I have to fastboot flash it again.
Doesn't change hboot.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Did that here too and didn't flash hboot.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

2.6.3.3 didn't work.
Will try CWM FOR this.

rootlinux

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Cleveland
youtube.com
This is strange. Had to get a new device. Ran this with TWRP 2.6.3.0 and hit remove tampered only. It again removed recovery and deleted all folder content. All backups were gone.

BlackS0ull

Aug 26, 2008
Bucharest
Hello @crushalot

I've used all your guides, including this one from this thread, but I had to install TWRP because I couldn't only BOOT to it. Your tool worked perfect and now I don't have anymore TEMPERED message and I'm LOCKED. So far so good.

The problem is that now, I'm stil S-OFF (I've used rumrunner to S-OFF) and I want to be S-ON and the second issue is that now I have also a custom recovery installed.

Could you please advice????

Thank you in advance mate!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool will allow you remove the Tampered flag from your bootloader. It will also allow you to easily Lock and Unlock your Bootloader directly from recovery.
    No root required since it is run in recovery, however you still must be S-OFF.

Before using this tool you need to be sure you are using the latest version of recovery as the M7 U/UL TWRP requires at least version 2.6.3.3 for this package to work. The current downloads for both CWM and TWRP can found below:

The latest M7 U/UL TWRP can be downloaded HERE.
    The latest M7 U/UL CWM can be downloaded HERE.

***[UPDATE] - It seems that the latest TWRP 2.6.3.3 has been pulled due to some minor issues. If your TWRP version doesn't work please use CWM for now until a updated TWRP release is made.

This will work for Verizon and Sprint as well, however they have different versions of these recoveries, so please make sure you are using the correct recovery for your device.

Saying this again in case you missed it: YOU MUST BE S-OFF!

To use the tool simply copy the zip file to your phone and then boot to your custom recovery and choose install. Then browse to where you copied the file and select it. The aroma installer will begin. Follow the steps outlined in the pictures below and choose the options you want to run.

GBLpost.jpg

Now you can just keep this file on your phone and Lock and Unlock at anytime without a PC and without losing data.

***Credits***
    S-trace for originally discovering the location of the lock status flag. See this thread.

scotty1223 for his ADB shell commands. Threads HERE and HERE. Scotty was also very helpful to me in understanding some of the default values.

Just to be clear I did not just copy and paste scotty1223's commands into a aroma installer. The echo command can be problematic in aroma, so I developed original code for all four commands. The end result is the same in that the data in the partitions is changed as needed.

***Download***

Guru Bootloader Reset Tool

md5: fdb8264a8f4741bae22939cd7734f7c2

Enjoy!

If this helped you out please consider a small donation or just a thanks would be great.
    Demo and Troubleshooting

Demo Video:

***Troubleshooting***

If the installer stays on this screen fore more than a few seconds, then it means you need to delete/format cache. This can be done within both recoveries. You may need to reboot recovery after clearing cache and begin the installer again. This seems to happen more on CWM than TWRP.
    Installing.jpg

If the installer runs but your bootloader doesn't change, it is proably one of these things:
    • You are not S-Off
    • You do not have the latest version of recovery (I recommend TWRP)
    hy

I just want to ask is this mode actualy locks the bootloader or just change the text?
    eg. if I change status to locked and remove the tampered flag, will I be able to flash roms and recoveryes or I need to change status again to unlocked to do that?

Tnx

Yes, it really LOCKS the bootloader, Not the text, the real thing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Nice :) Thanks @crushalot

Quick question (if you have time): why do we need latest recovery? what would happen on an older recovery?
    On older recoveries, the worst that could happen is that it may not work. It won't hurt to try.

The reason you need an updated recovery is because on TWRP before version 2.6.3.3 the partition wasn't writable so the actions didn't work. Older CWM should be ok but I only tested the latest.
    So 2.6.3.3 isn't official...do we have it as a link to download somewhere?

thanks

Download the newest .img file from HERE.