• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(Tool) (Locked & Unlocked BL) root and recovery for 23.5.A.1.291 WITHOUT downgrade !

Search This thread

rocker00

Jun 23, 2012
(Tool) (Locked & Unlocked BL) root and recovery for 23.5.A.1.291 WITHOUT downgrade !

hi guys,
as the title saying this is a tool to get root and recovery on 23.5.A.1.291 without downgrade,the idea is flashing .575 kernel only to get root and recovery then flashing .291 kernel again so it's very easy.i didn't develop anything all credit goes to @russel5 for this awesome idea http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/general/recovery-root-mm-575-lb-t3418714 & @shoey63 to make this awesome tool working on z2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/general/recovery-root-mm-575-291-lb-t3435214 i just replaced the twrp inside the zip with z2's twrp so thank those guys as much as you can :good:

instructions:

*-enable usb debugging
*download .291 flashable kernel from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6aEcBP7FwsWUGpQdHdvaVRCQlk/view and put it in sd card
*-power the device off and flash .575 kernel with flashtool ( attached ).NOTE: rename the file from .zip to .ftf ( VERY IMPORTANT )
*-start the device and connect it with pc and run the tool and wait till it finish then the device will boot into recovery automatically
*-flash supersu then flash .291 kernel
*-start the device and congratulations your device is rooted and you have recovery now in a few minutes :laugh:
all tested by me.enjoy :)

special thanks:
@serajr for the recovery script.
@zxz0O0 for iovyroot.
@Wolfbreak for recroot.
@moman2000 for kernel flasher script.

Attachments

• D6503_23.5.A.0.575_kernel.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 114,077
  • Recovery_for_MM575-291.7z
    4 MB · Views: 71,514
  • UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 83,015
Last edited:

rocker00

Jun 23, 2012
@rocker00

Hey, I'm glad that I could help you out with the rooting process!

It feels really good when you actually see your work being used to help others out and with credits added too :D!

If you need more scripts just PM me, I would love to get involved with your projects ;)!

Does this require a locked or unlocked bootloader and can this be ported to the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet

@moman2000 thank you my friend for these nice words sure we are here to help each others but actually this is not my project at all :D
@XenTeckz it's for both locked and unlocked and for z2 tablet support you can ask shoey63 about that.

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
Jun 5, 2012
Somewhere in Oz...
@rocker00
Thanks for making this thread:good:
I don't own a Z2, but I have added both D5803 and D5802 to to iovyroot binary.

Code:
	//Z2 23.5.A.0.575
	{ "D6502", "Linux version 3.4.0-perf-g43ea728 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.9.x-google 20140827 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Apr 22 17:27:56 2016",
	  { (void*)FSYNC_OFFSET(0xc1233a70) },
	  (void*)0xc122848c, (void*)0xc12284b4, (void*)0xc102f200, (void*)0xc1226a30 },
	//Z2 23.5.A.0.575
	{ "D6503", "Linux version 3.4.0-perf-g43ea728 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.9.x-google 20140827 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Apr 22 17:27:56 2016",

It seems to be the same kernel anyway:p
Regarding Z2 TAB support:
@danalec might be able to help.
Have a look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z2-tablet/general/sgp551-xperia-z2-tablet-official-t2871485/post68136137#post68136137

Last edited:

rocker00

Jun 23, 2012
@rocker00
Thanks for making this thread:good:
I don't own a Z2, but I have added both D5803 and D5802 to to iovyroot binary.

Code:
	//Z2 23.5.A.0.575
	{ "D6502", "Linux version 3.4.0-perf-g43ea728 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.9.x-google 20140827 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Apr 22 17:27:56 2016",
	//Z2 23.5.A.0.575
	{ "D6503", "Linux version 3.4.0-perf-g43ea728 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.9.x-google 20140827 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Apr 22 17:27:56 2016",

It seems to be the same kernel anyway:p
Regarding Z2 TAB support:
@danalec might be able to help.
Have a look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=30

i added the link to your thread so everybody can knows the supported devices and keep in touch with your thread.

Reactions: shoey63

patchyfog

Mar 24, 2012
Gold Coast

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 8,132

darknessmc

Jul 30, 2013
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hello everyone, tnak you for this solution, but I can't continue until the step *-power the device off and flash .575 kernel with flashtool ( attached ).NOTE: rename the file from .zip to .ftf ( VERY IMPORTANT ) because Flashtool can't see the ftf files :/
To flash a file with flashtool it must be ftf. So just rename .zip to .ftf

Sent from my D6503 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: rocker00
I renamed it already in *.ftf, I tried to eventually drag it but it doen't work, the function isn't supported by Flashtool.
I tried to move the ftf file to an other folder but can't be seen by Flashtool.
I'll try later that day at home because I tried at office, but there is maybe some security locked function on my computer like antivirus (I doubt of that, I desactivate it for the *.bat file for example) or anything else.
Keep in touch.

Edit: Alright, the issue is solved, I tried from my own computer, it's working fine, I can see ftf files.
By the way, important information /!\ : You must launch the tool *.bat with administrator rights on Windows 10. Without this, there is some errors like "adb server version (32) doesn't match this client (36)" and the phone don't reboot into recovery mode when it's finish.

*-flash supersu then flash .291 kernel with wiping Cache & Dalvik... ==> OK done.
*-start the device ==> OK done.

Edit 2: At second reboot can't access to recovery, the phone bootloop :/

Last edited:

SuperMattew84

Aug 13, 2016
phone turn on

the root procedure is successful. I have a little problem: when I put in charging the phone turned off, turns on and refill on.
Tips? I state that I have locked bootloader.

rocker00

Jun 23, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hi guys,
    as the title saying this is a tool to get root and recovery on 23.5.A.1.291 without downgrade,the idea is flashing .575 kernel only to get root and recovery then flashing .291 kernel again so it's very easy.i didn't develop anything all credit goes to @russel5 for this awesome idea http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/general/recovery-root-mm-575-lb-t3418714 & @shoey63 to make this awesome tool working on z2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/general/recovery-root-mm-575-291-lb-t3435214 i just replaced the twrp inside the zip with z2's twrp so thank those guys as much as you can :good:

instructions:

*-enable usb debugging
    *download .291 flashable kernel from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6aEcBP7FwsWUGpQdHdvaVRCQlk/view and put it in sd card
    *-power the device off and flash .575 kernel with flashtool ( attached ).NOTE: rename the file from .zip to .ftf ( VERY IMPORTANT )
    *-start the device and connect it with pc and run the tool and wait till it finish then the device will boot into recovery automatically
    *-flash supersu then flash .291 kernel
    *-start the device and congratulations your device is rooted and you have recovery now in a few minutes :laugh:
    all tested by me.enjoy :)

special thanks:
    @serajr for the recovery script.
    @zxz0O0 for iovyroot.
    @Wolfbreak for recroot.
    @moman2000 for kernel flasher script.
    @rocker00

Hey, I'm glad that I could help you out with the rooting process!

It feels really good when you actually see your work being used to help others out and with credits added too :D!

If you need more scripts just PM me, I would love to get involved with your projects ;)!
    kernel version says date april 22
    ran install.bat but twrp won't install

it said "adb server (32) doesn't match this client xperia z2"
    there was no installation of twrp, phone just rebooted normally
    pardon me, i'm new to this, can you please help me out?

run install.bat as admin . and make sure you are using v5 version stated in original post. now the earlier version.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

I'm also new when it comes to rooting, can anyone help me how to do it?
    I want to root my Z2 (D6503) (.291) because I want to use the Cyberian Camera.
    Is there a need to flash something or do some downgrade before rooting?

so here it goes in easy words.
    1. Enable USB Debugging.
    2. DOWNLOAD THIS KERNEL AND PUT IT IN YOUR SD CARD. (THIS WILL BE USED LATER.)
    AND
    DOWNLOAD THIS SUPERSU AND PUT IT IN YOUR SD CARD. (THIS WILL BE USED LATER.)

3. DOWNLOAD THIS KERNEL NOW. AND RENAME IT FROM .zip to .ftf AND FLASH IT USING FLASHTOOL. YOU"LL HAVE TO SWITCH YOUR PHONE OFF FOR THIS.
    4.Now download this and now extract the downoaded file. and then switch on your phone and connect it to PC. So, the from the extracted files run install.bat as admin. And when the process is finished your phone will boot into recovery.
    5. In Recovery, you'll see an option install. tap on that. and then select SUPERSU (one of the files you placed in you sd card) and flash it. Now Again Install and Flash the kernel (the other file you download in step 2 and placed in your sd card.)
    6. Start the device and congo. you're rooted now :)

And when you're done with this come to the cyberian thread. :)
    Summary works for me:
    • prepare:
    • Upgrading adb (from android-sdk) - perhaps dont required (32/36 version)
    • enable usb debugging (settings > developer > )
    • allow unknown sources (settings > security > )
    • go flashmode:
    • latest flashtool 0.9.22.3, flash the kernel from the zip (renamed to ftf, copy to flashtoolHome > firmwares)
    • reboot
    • DISABLE flashtool! (32/36 adb issue connection)
    • Enable MSC-Mode for USB
    • Copy update-superSU to SDCard
    • open CMD in administrator mode
    • go to directory and run the install.bat
    • reboot (auto)
    • twrp:
    • install the update-superSU*.zip
    • reboot
    • go flashmode
    • flash only the kernel from sony ftf ( ...1.291)
    • reboot

thank you all :)
    can u post it as text ? i really need it now if it is working
    try this
    @echo off
    color 1f
    cd files

adb kill-server
    adb start-server
    echo.
    echo =============================================
    echo Waiting for Device, connect USB cable now...
    adb wait-for-device
    echo Device found!
    echo.
    echo Getting device and ROM info
    for /f "delims=" %%i in ('adb shell "getprop ro.build.product"') do ( set product_name=%%i)
    echo Device model is %product_name%
    for /f "delims=" %%i in ('adb shell "getprop ro.build.id"') do ( set firmware=%%i)
    echo Firmware is %firmware%
    for /f "delims=" %%i in ('adb shell "getprop ro.build.version.release"') do ( set androidver=%%i)
    echo Android version is %androidver%
    echo.
    echo Installing ...
    echo.
    adb shell "rm -rf /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install"
    adb shell "mkdir /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install"
    adb push boot_twrp_recovery.sh /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push byeselinux.ko /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push chargemon.sh /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push install_twrp_recovery.sh /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push iovyroot /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push modulecrcpatch /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push recovery.twrp.cpio.lzma /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push wp_mod.ko /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb shell "find /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/busybox -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755"
    adb shell "find /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/install_twrp_recovery.sh -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755"
    adb shell "find /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/iovyroot -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755"
    adb shell "find /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/modulecrcpatch -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755"
    adb shell "chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/busybox"
    adb shell "/data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/iovyroot /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/install_twrp_recovery.sh"

echo.
    echo Finished!
    echo.
    echo Rebooting into TWRP recovery ...
    adb reboot
    adb kill-server

echo.
    echo Installation complete! Press any key to continue . . ."
    pause>nul