[CLOSED]Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Fredwuz

Jul 28, 2016
Uuuh so how do I access the recovery later on? I know it's installed because it booted directly to it the first time and I flashed the SuperSU zip but then I couldn't figure out how to boot to recovery again, I want to perform a nanodroid backup if it's even possible on locked bootloader, I see no reason why it wouldn't be..
I think you can't boot into recovery after you flashed the original kernel.

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs

Reactions: AndroidRant

mahesh911

Feb 20, 2011
Trivandrum
Has anyone tried to root with magisk using this method??
Like instead of step - flashing supersu from recovery, flash magisk and then flash back Sony 291 kernel...
Will it work?
Locked bootloader here... I did hav rooted with supersu before and recently has to factory reset for a repair. So looking to root with magisk v18...

userxda2

Jul 20, 2018
Has anyone tried to root with magisk using this method??
Like instead of step - flashing supersu from recovery, flash magisk and then flash back Sony 291 kernel...
Will it work?
Locked bootloader here... I did hav rooted with supersu before and recently has to factory reset for a repair. So looking to root with magisk v18...

Same situation here... Have u try mate? I dont have my ROM backed up, so yeah... I doubt to try it...

mahesh911

Feb 20, 2011
Trivandrum
Same situation here... Have u try mate? I dont have my ROM backed up, so yeah... I doubt to try it...

No I still looking for answers... Ya mine rom just settled well but needs root to deal with internal memory space.

For magisk like they say needs patched magisk or guess I think to use adrians Sony elf boot bridge method to install magisk. Til magisk V16 I see nobody had problems in other devices.until v17 nd v18 has some installation issues.. Thats wat iam asking but everybody has unlocked bootloader nd running custom roms which magisk install fine for them...

There is another thread which says about magisk on our Z2 but it's so much complicated adb steps. This thread method is d easiest.. And well nobody tried anything with latest magisk I think.. Then we just use that supersu... Will experiment next year when free..nd if it works I will DM you...

Sky7ure

Feb 28, 2017
Heres the steps written in readable English, for those of you who doesn't understand broken English.

First download attached files.

1. Install stock 23.5.A.1.291 firmware in flashtool
2. Rename the .575 .zip to .ftf. Flash .575 kernel in flashtool.
3. Put supersu zip & .291 kernel .zip in sd card
4. Power on phone, turn on Usb debugging. run recovery script
5. Flash supersu & .291 kernel in recovery. Important to do it in the right order!
6. start device.

On another note, is anyone having trouble going into twrp recovery? I managed to get root, but recovery doesn't work (this is after flashing supersu and the 291 kernel in twrp. Then I lose recovery. running the recovery script or using fastboot to flash twrp doesn't work eiter). Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

I'm not being able to download the files (error 410)...

nfsmaster007

May 1, 2018
No I still looking for answers... Ya mine rom just settled well but needs root to deal with internal memory space.

For magisk like they say needs patched magisk or guess I think to use adrians Sony elf boot bridge method to install magisk. Til magisk V16 I see nobody had problems in other devices.until v17 nd v18 has some installation issues.. Thats wat iam asking but everybody has unlocked bootloader nd running custom roms which magisk install fine for them...

There is another thread which says about magisk on our Z2 but it's so much complicated adb steps. This thread method is d easiest.. And well nobody tried anything with latest magisk I think.. Then we just use that supersu... Will experiment next year when free..nd if it works I will DM you...

I tried magisk instead of flashing supersu and just an error message will pop up. I also tried bootbridge and that works until you try to start your phone. It will just crash so its not working :/

Reactions: mahesh911
Mar 11, 2019
i need help!!!

Sir i am Using Sony Xperia Z2
i wanna Root it But i Don't Know How
Watched Tutorials on YouTube Showing This Method But When i Reach FlashTool To Flash The Kernel it's not Showing in FlashTool
And Flash is Cancelled.....

kripget

Oct 8, 2012
thank you so much for this tutorial
my xperia z2 is now rooted and have twrp installed but does this procedure also unlock bootloader? for ive read some comments saying their bootloader's unlocked after rooting
and lastly, if ever this rooting tutorial won'tunlock bootloader, do i still need to before flashing custom roms for it's noted on some custom firmware flashing tutorials to make sure bootlader should be unlocked before flashing
Thanks a lot again
thanks in advance if you answer my questions
Please don't get tired of helping the development on this phone

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

thank you so much for this tutorial
my xperia z2 is now rooted and have twrp installed but does this procedure also unlock bootloader? for ive read some comments saying their bootloader's unlocked after rooting
and lastly, if ever this rooting tutorial won'tunlock bootloader, do i still need to before flashing custom roms for it's noted on some custom firmware flashing tutorials to make sure bootlader should be unlocked before flashing
Thanks a lot again
thanks in advance if you answer my questions
Please don't get tired of helping the development on this phone

Reactions: umairaziz1

Akihiko4

Feb 5, 2020
Hello, thanks for making this tutorial.. And i have a question..

Can i root sony z2 whithout downgrade to .575, i already have the recovery...

sshaikh

Sep 27, 2008
>*-flash supersu then flash .291 kernel

I'm trying to repurpose a Z2 I have lying around for a single application. To do this I want a relatively new (custom?) ROM. Before I unlock the bootloader I want to backup my TA partition... just in case.

The link to .291 in the OP doesn't seem to work any more, but do I need it considering I just want to backup the TA partition? And even if I didn't want an alternative ROM, why not stick to .575?

Bonus question: what custom ROM currently has the most mindshare for this phone?

cabelo_pa

Sep 24, 2021
Macaé
Is there a chance someone can reupload "Z2_23.5.A.1.291_Marshmallow_Kernel_Flasher.zip"? Main link is broken.
-
Don't mind. I just downloaded 575 and 291 roms and extracted from there. The thing is, I don't know how to transform kernel into "flashable", so I've flashed 291 back with flashtool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @rocker00

Hey, I'm glad that I could help you out with the rooting process!

It feels really good when you actually see your work being used to help others out and with credits added too :D!

If you need more scripts just PM me, I would love to get involved with your projects ;)!
    kernel version says date april 22
    ran install.bat but twrp won't install

it said "adb server (32) doesn't match this client xperia z2"
    there was no installation of twrp, phone just rebooted normally
    pardon me, i'm new to this, can you please help me out?

run install.bat as admin . and make sure you are using v5 version stated in original post. now the earlier version.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

I'm also new when it comes to rooting, can anyone help me how to do it?
    I want to root my Z2 (D6503) (.291) because I want to use the Cyberian Camera.
    Is there a need to flash something or do some downgrade before rooting?

so here it goes in easy words.
    1. Enable USB Debugging.
    2. DOWNLOAD THIS KERNEL AND PUT IT IN YOUR SD CARD. (THIS WILL BE USED LATER.)
    AND
    DOWNLOAD THIS SUPERSU AND PUT IT IN YOUR SD CARD. (THIS WILL BE USED LATER.)

3. DOWNLOAD THIS KERNEL NOW. AND RENAME IT FROM .zip to .ftf AND FLASH IT USING FLASHTOOL. YOU"LL HAVE TO SWITCH YOUR PHONE OFF FOR THIS.
    4.Now download this and now extract the downoaded file. and then switch on your phone and connect it to PC. So, the from the extracted files run install.bat as admin. And when the process is finished your phone will boot into recovery.
    5. In Recovery, you'll see an option install. tap on that. and then select SUPERSU (one of the files you placed in you sd card) and flash it. Now Again Install and Flash the kernel (the other file you download in step 2 and placed in your sd card.)
    6. Start the device and congo. you're rooted now :)

And when you're done with this come to the cyberian thread. :)
    Summary works for me:
    • prepare:
    • Upgrading adb (from android-sdk) - perhaps dont required (32/36 version)
    • enable usb debugging (settings > developer > )
    • allow unknown sources (settings > security > )
    • go flashmode:
    • latest flashtool 0.9.22.3, flash the kernel from the zip (renamed to ftf, copy to flashtoolHome > firmwares)
    • reboot
    • DISABLE flashtool! (32/36 adb issue connection)
    • Enable MSC-Mode for USB
    • Copy update-superSU to SDCard
    • open CMD in administrator mode
    • go to directory and run the install.bat
    • reboot (auto)
    • twrp:
    • install the update-superSU*.zip
    • reboot
    • go flashmode
    • flash only the kernel from sony ftf ( ...1.291)
    • reboot

thank you all :)
    can u post it as text ? i really need it now if it is working
    try this
    @echo off
    color 1f
    cd files

adb kill-server
    adb start-server
    echo.
    echo =============================================
    echo Waiting for Device, connect USB cable now...
    adb wait-for-device
    echo Device found!
    echo.
    echo Getting device and ROM info
    for /f "delims=" %%i in ('adb shell "getprop ro.build.product"') do ( set product_name=%%i)
    echo Device model is %product_name%
    for /f "delims=" %%i in ('adb shell "getprop ro.build.id"') do ( set firmware=%%i)
    echo Firmware is %firmware%
    for /f "delims=" %%i in ('adb shell "getprop ro.build.version.release"') do ( set androidver=%%i)
    echo Android version is %androidver%
    echo.
    echo Installing ...
    echo.
    adb shell "rm -rf /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install"
    adb shell "mkdir /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install"
    adb push boot_twrp_recovery.sh /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push byeselinux.ko /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push chargemon.sh /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push install_twrp_recovery.sh /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push iovyroot /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push modulecrcpatch /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push recovery.twrp.cpio.lzma /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb push wp_mod.ko /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install
    adb shell "find /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/busybox -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755"
    adb shell "find /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/install_twrp_recovery.sh -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755"
    adb shell "find /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/iovyroot -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755"
    adb shell "find /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/modulecrcpatch -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755"
    adb shell "chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/busybox"
    adb shell "/data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/iovyroot /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/install_twrp_recovery.sh"

echo.
    echo Finished!
    echo.
    echo Rebooting into TWRP recovery ...
    adb reboot
    adb kill-server

echo.
    echo Installation complete! Press any key to continue . . ."
    pause>nul