Advanced Logcat Viewer (ALV) is a very powerful tool to work with logcats on Windows. It's easy to use and includes the most popular features when it comes to working with Android log files.
The Advanced Logcat Viewer was originally created for my IDE Virtuous Ten Studio, but I think it's useful enough to be published as a standalone version as well.
It has the same features as within VTS but is obvioulsy a much lighter package for people that don't want or need the additional functionality VTS offers.
ALV can easily do the following for you:
- Grab the actual logcat from a connected device in realtime and with live updates
- Highlight the log entries in different colors based on their verbosity
- Dynamically filter the incoming logs with a search term, a verbosity filter or an exclude term
- Save the filtered or unfiltered logcat to a text file
- Upload the filtered or unfiltered logcat to pastebin for easy sharing
- Load logcat entries from a text file to analyze existing logcats or from other people
Virtuous Ten Studio - A fully featured IDE for all your Android binary modification needs
Advanced Deodex Tool - Easily deodex many binaries in no time (available in VTS, coming soon as standalone version)
Advanced Screenshot Creator - Take device screenshots with ease (coming soon to VTS and available as standalone version)
- Initial release