[TOOL] [May 1] One-Click Backup & Restore EFS on OnePlus One

Search This thread

Paresh Kalinani

Apr 28, 2012
Mumbai
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
Hey guys just made this for one and all ! :)
Backup & Restore EFS on your OnePlus One through ADB! :D
No TWRP Recovery needed! ;)
UPDATED : MAY 1, 2018

YOUR PHONE MUST BE ROOTED

To Backup,
First you need to enable USB Debigging mode by checking Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If Developer Options is not found, go to Settings -> About Phone and tap the build number rapidly 6-7 times till a toast comes up saying 'You're now a developer' (or something like 'Developer Options is enabled'). Go back. Voila! You see 'Developer Options' above About Phone in settings. :) - Thanks to @Heisenberg for notifying!
Just download the attachment, extract it to a folder, connect your phone to PC through ADB, double click on 'BACKUP EFS.bat'. When it says 'Press any key...' just press any key on your keyboard! You'll see 'modemst1.bin' & 'modemst2.bin' files in the same folder where you extracted the ZIP, make more copies and backup of it! That's your EFS!
DONE!

To Restore,
Connect your phone to PC through ADB, place your 'modemst1.bin' & 'modemst2.bin' in the folder where you extracted the attachment (it should be there if you never moved it after backing up) and double click on 'RESTORE EFS.bat'.​
DONE!

Hope this helps someone :)

Attachments

• EFS-Backup-OPO-May-1.zip
    467.6 KB · Views: 1,131
Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Great idea. You might want to mention that you need to go into Settings/Developer Options and enable usb/adb debugging first, and to enable Developer Options you need to go into Settings/About Phone and click on Build Number seven or eight times. Also, the screen must be on and phone unlocked for adb to work.

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9

Hey there, do you have any idea if this would work for a secondary from running via multirom? My primary rom COS12 is fine, but my secondary rom (CM11S) is showing with an unknown IMEI and baseband and has no wifi/signal etc. I have tried flashing the CM11s modem again on the primary rom but no luck.

Paresh Kalinani

Apr 28, 2012
Mumbai
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
Did you try it?

Hey there, do you have any idea if this would work for a secondary from running via multirom? My primary rom COS12 is fine, but my secondary rom (CM11S) is showing with an unknown IMEI and baseband and has no wifi/signal etc. I have tried flashing the CM11s modem again on the primary rom but no luck.

Never tried dual booting ROMs... (you're talking about that right?). See, as far as the mmc blocks for EFS partition are same, backup and restore should work. Find out what block contains EFS (if it's different for different ROMs while dual booting) and edit my code in BACKUP EFS.bat and RESTORE EFS.bat . You'll figure out it's easy!

Reactions: gsmyth

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Never tried dual booting ROMs... (you're talking about that right?). See, as far as the mmc blocks for EFS partition are same, backup and restore should work. Find out what block contains EFS (if it's different for different ROMs while dual booting) and edit my code in BACKUP EFS.bat and RESTORE EFS.bat . You'll figure out it's easy!

Thanks for replying, I ended up trying a good old dirty flash and it seems to have restored the secondary rom's baseband and IMEI so its seems to have fixed it. I flashed another ROM (liquid smooth 4.4.4) via multirom and its working as well, so everything seems to be back to normal.

dbzkamehameha

Jan 31, 2015
I have 4 questions:
Whats the difference between your toolkit and others like "bacon root toolkit" ?
Will the efs backup still work, when i unlock the bootloader (wipes data)
Is this open source?
Does it matter what firmware your phone is?

Last edited:

Paresh Kalinani

Apr 28, 2012
Mumbai
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
I have 4 questions:
Whats the difference between your toolkit and others like "bacon root toolkit" ?
Will the efs backup still work, when i unlock the bootloader (wipes data)
Is this open source?
Does it matter what firmware your phone is?

I have 4 answers:
Dunno about bacon root toolkit, but from the name I guess it would be a toolkit for rooting, unlocking boot loader, flashing ROMs/Kernels, etc. (MAYBE efs backup too).
Yes it will work even if you unlock the boot loader. Why would you backup when you're not unlocking it!
Yes this is open source.
It doesn't matter on which firmware the phone is.

dbzkamehameha

Jan 31, 2015
I have 4 answers:

Yes it will work even if you unlock the boot loader. Why would you backup when you're not unlocking it!

I meant after unlocking the bootloader which wipes all data, will the backup still be able to restore my phone data. this tool should be able to backup everything (contacts, settings, messages, apps and savefiles, etc...) and doesn't need to be rooted first right?

Last edited:

KingMike67

Jun 6, 2009
Mississauga
I meant after unlocking the bootloader which wipes all data, will the backup still be able to restore my phone data. this tool should be able to backup everything (contacts, settings, messages, apps and savefiles, etc...) and doesn't need to be rooted first right?

Unfortunately not. This tool will only backup and restore the EFS files from your phone. This tool is very useful if you ever lost your imei.....but only if you used it to back it up before you lost your imei.

ashishsaggu

Mar 24, 2011
it just stops at * daemon started successfully* with no files in the folder. any idea on how to fix it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED : MAY 1, 2018

YOUR PHONE MUST BE ROOTED

To Backup,
    First you need to enable USB Debigging mode by checking Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If Developer Options is not found, go to Settings -> About Phone and tap the build number rapidly 6-7 times till a toast comes up saying 'You're now a developer' (or something like 'Developer Options is enabled'). Go back. Voila! You see 'Developer Options' above About Phone in settings. :) - Thanks to @Heisenberg for notifying!
    Just download the attachment, extract it to a folder, connect your phone to PC through ADB, double click on 'BACKUP EFS.bat'. When it says 'Press any key...' just press any key on your keyboard! You'll see 'modemst1.bin' & 'modemst2.bin' files in the same folder where you extracted the ZIP, make more copies and backup of it! That's your EFS!
    DONE!

To Restore,
    Connect your phone to PC through ADB, place your 'modemst1.bin' & 'modemst2.bin' in the folder where you extracted the attachment (it should be there if you never moved it after backing up) and double click on 'RESTORE EFS.bat'.​
    DONE!

Hope this helps someone :)
    Fixed backup script/batch should look like this:
    Code:
    @echo EFS Backup
    @pause
    @echo Waiting for OnePlus One
    @adb wait-for-device
    @echo Backing up EFS...
    @adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/storage/emulated/0/modemst1.bin bs=512"
    @adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/storage/emulated/0/modemst2.bin bs=512"
    @adb pull /storage/emulated/0/modemst1.bin
    @adb pull /storage/emulated/0/modemst2.bin
    @pause

And the restore script would be:
    Code:
    @echo EFS RESTORE
    @pause
    @echo Waiting for OnePlus One
    @adb wait-for-device
    @echo Restoring EFS...
    @adb push modemst1.bin /storage/emulated/0/modemst1.bin
    @adb push modemst2.bin /storage/emulated/0/modemst2.bin
    @adb shell su -c "dd if=/storage/emulated/0/modemst1.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 bs=512"
    @adb shell su -c "dd if=/storage/emulated/0/modemst2.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 bs=512"
    @pause

Essentially, the /sdcard0 part changes to /emulated/0 in each line of each script.
    Great idea. You might want to mention that you need to go into Settings/Developer Options and enable usb/adb debugging first, and to enable Developer Options you need to go into Settings/About Phone and click on Build Number seven or eight times. Also, the screen must be on and phone unlocked for adb to work.
    Did you try it?

Does this backup everything on the phone ? Including home screen widgets, apps, images, WiFi settings etc ?