[TOOL] Mi Toolkit V4 (Root, TWRP + Stock Recovery, IMEI Backup)

Search This thread

srivineeth

Sep 23, 2016
thank u so much bro

after searching for really a long time i finally rooted with my micromax e455 and it works greatly now and i really thank u for the instructions u shared

Abhimanyu16

Nov 16, 2016
Does not help!

It does not do any thing on MIUI 8.0.2.0 (MI4I).
The device only enters reboot mode and starts again normally.
Does any idea about rooting MI4I on MIUI 8? Or, have to rollback/ downgrade to MIUI 7?:confused::(:rolleyes:

remondt

May 27, 2012
-
It does not do any thing on MIUI 8.0.2.0 (MI4I).
The device only enters reboot mode and starts again normally.
Does any idea about rooting MI4I on MIUI 8? Or, have to rollback/ downgrade to MIUI 7?:confused::(:rolleyes:

please turn on flash boot mode and USB debug, after that use mitoolkit v4 step by step for root n install twrp,
I have do that to my device running miui8 n work

Reactions: haDhy HaDz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Because Manu11 didn't update his thread about the toolkit. I decided to post this to help Mi 4i users that got into trouble with TWRP unable to flash dh.harald's CM12.1

FEATURES
    -Root (MIUI only, CM users can enable Root in Developer Options) Working on MIUI7 (thanks to @ss.suryakant95 for testing this out)
    -TWRP Recovery
    -Stock Recovery (just in case)
    -EFS (IMEI) Backup and Restore

attachment.php

DOWNLOAD
    (Some users had problems unzipping this ZIP with WinRAR, consider using free alternatives such as 7-zip)
    MAIN URL: Click here to download (Please use this download, but if in any case you can't extract, you may use the mirror I provided.)
    MIRROR: Click here to download.

HOW-TO
    1. Enable Developer Options (Tap MIUI version 7 times in About Phone), and then in Developer Options, enable USB debugging.
    2. Have you downloaded the ZIP? No? Download it, now.
    3. Extract the downloaded ZIP wherever you like, keep in mind that all files must be kept together.
    4. Connect your phone to the PC.
    5. Run the Start.bat file.

ATTENTION: Please do a ROOT (I'll assume you're still in MIUI) before you flash TWRP, or you may be brought back into stock recovery. (Thanks to @omerjerk for testing this)

---

UPDATE: This toolkit's TWRP is deprecated (download the newest version here), but if you don't want to hassle with downloading another fastboot driver, you can still download dh.harald's recovery .img file, and copy your downloaded recovery to the extracted toolkit folder, then change dh.harald's recovery filename into twrp.img (UNTESTED)

I'll repack this toolkit with dh.harald's newest TWRP whenever possible.

---

This toolkit is made by magdag, all credits goes to him.
    Thanks
    Working like charm on MIUI7
    Is it the root or the twrp flashing?

Both root and twrp
    I've MiUi 6.6.10 on my device.
    I used this toolkit to flash twrp but I'm not able to do so.
    Whenever I select the 2 option, it flashes the recovery successfully. But, when I boot to recovery again using adb reboot recovery, I get the stock recovery and not twrp.

What I'm doing wrong ?
    P.S. I haven't rooted the phone yet.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

I've MiUi 6.6.10 on my device.
    I used this toolkit to flash twrp but I'm not able to do so.
    Whenever I select the 2 option, it flashes the recovery successfully. But, when I boot to recovery again using adb reboot recovery, I get the stock recovery and not twrp.

What I'm doing wrong ?
    P.S. I haven't rooted the phone yet.

It worked after root.
    I think it should be added in the main post that root is required.
    thanks. updated miui to v7, and this rooted the xiaomi mi 4i
    Can confirm, rooted successfully no issues so far.