[TOOL] Onandroid - Nandroid Backup Without Rebooting [Update!][v5.9]

Search This thread

annson08

Nov 22, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
UPDATE: No bug exists after all.
NOTE: Still can't be used by people using amarullz's ad2sd, finding fix.

First of all this is not my work, I just tweaked the script removing all unnecessary lines for our device and recompiled the script together with the fix.

Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620255
Thank you ameer1234567890 !

Nandroid backups are usually performed in recovery mode. This means you would have to turn off your phone and reboot in recovery mode, which wastes a whole lot of time rebooting and a lot more time offline. This tool will allow us to make a nandroid backup without switching off the phone.

picture.php
picture.php

This tool backups /boot , /recovery , /system , /data , /cache , .android_secure & sd-ext partitions to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup directory. The date format used for folder name is the same used by CWM itself and nandroid backups created with this tool can safely be restored using CWM. If you would want to have a custom name for backup folder, pass an argument with the name to the script and it will use the name.

Requirements
1. Rooted android phone
2. A terminal emulator installed on phone
3. Busybox
4. A working CWM based recovery installed
5. Some patience

Installation
1. Download and copy zip file to SD card
2. Reboot into recovery
3. Choose install zip from SD card, select zip and flash .
4. Reboot!

Usage
1. Open terminal emulator
2. Type su to obtain root
3. Type onandroid
4. Wait and watch

Custom Backup Name
* Example:

Code:
onandroid custom_name
* Please be careful not to include characters not allowed in filenames.

Timezone modifier
* Example: Use home/phone timezone for backup file name

Code:
onandroid -h
* Example: Use UTC (default) for backup file name

Code:
onandroid -u

Changelog:
Code:
v5.8  - Initial Port.
v5.9  - Removed: More unnecessary lines.
        Bug Fix: Partition detection.
        Bug Fix: Include sd-ext folder in data partition whil skipping it's contents.

Attachments

• onandroidv5.9-S5570.zip
    131.6 KB · Views: 3,146
Last edited:

Joselinho45

Jul 11, 2012
Cádiz
Just reflash the zip, if problem still occur you can manually paste onandroid to system/bin folder and change permission to rwxr-xr-x

Please update me on your problem, just woke up at this moment, gonna help out more later after breakfast. ;)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!!, I paste onandroid to system/bin folder and change permission to rwxr-xr-x, and everything is ok! but... the other files onadroid's zip don't use? (meta-inf)

annson08

Nov 22, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
It works great, but I have a small problem. I use an INT2EXT script. When I do a backup from recovery it find sd-ext normally and backs it up. But now, when I do it online, it doesn't recognize sd-ext partition and therefore it thinks (and backs up) the apps I have from data folder. That will mess up the ROM when I restore the backup right?

Onandroid is still not compatible with those kinds of flavors of data2SD where the phone's /data is mounted to /sd-ext and /sd-ext is mounted to /data. Amarullz, int2ext, mount2sd(using r-mount) are some examples, I would make a fix if i have more experience on script making/editing but I only have little knowledge at the moment, I'm still trying though only until ameer1234567890 fixed it himself. I'm still studying it xD

I myself was on amarullz's ad2sdx but since onandroid isn't compatible, I went back to s2e haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Messi10

songolas77

Sep 30, 2011
central java
Very nice indeed...work on stock rom...but when verifying md5sum, takes about 10 mnt, is that normal? It's my first use... but big thanks for this tool

Edit ---> works perfect, nandroid and restore was okay now...thakn again

Last edited:

magicw

Jan 18, 2013
it works with CM7.2 based ROM but now I'm on CM9.2 based ROM and it hangs on sd-ext partition (using Link2SD).

clickjack

Oct 6, 2011
OnePlus One
Asus Zenfone Max M2
Hey. Just installed this and it returns an error "Sd Card not found". On a OnePlus One and it doesn't have an SD card. Is there a solution to this?

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Oops.. Very old thread. Didn't notice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: No bug exists after all.
    NOTE: Still can't be used by people using amarullz's ad2sd, finding fix.

First of all this is not my work, I just tweaked the script removing all unnecessary lines for our device and recompiled the script together with the fix.

Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620255
    Thank you ameer1234567890 !

Nandroid backups are usually performed in recovery mode. This means you would have to turn off your phone and reboot in recovery mode, which wastes a whole lot of time rebooting and a lot more time offline. This tool will allow us to make a nandroid backup without switching off the phone.

picture.php
    picture.php

This tool backups /boot , /recovery , /system , /data , /cache , .android_secure & sd-ext partitions to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup directory. The date format used for folder name is the same used by CWM itself and nandroid backups created with this tool can safely be restored using CWM. If you would want to have a custom name for backup folder, pass an argument with the name to the script and it will use the name.

Requirements
    1. Rooted android phone
    2. A terminal emulator installed on phone
    3. Busybox
    4. A working CWM based recovery installed
    5. Some patience

Installation
    1. Download and copy zip file to SD card
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Choose install zip from SD card, select zip and flash .
    4. Reboot!

Usage
    1. Open terminal emulator
    2. Type su to obtain root
    3. Type onandroid
    4. Wait and watch

Custom Backup Name
    * Example:

Code:
    onandroid custom_name
    * Please be careful not to include characters not allowed in filenames.

Timezone modifier
    * Example: Use home/phone timezone for backup file name

Code:
    onandroid -h
    * Example: Use UTC (default) for backup file name

Code:
    onandroid -u

Changelog:
    Code:
    v5.8  - Initial Port.
    v5.9  - Removed: More unnecessary lines.
            Bug Fix: Partition detection.
            Bug Fix: Include sd-ext folder in data partition whil skipping it's contents.
    I have a problem....

Just reflash the zip, if problem still occur you can manually paste onandroid to system/bin folder and change permission to rwxr-xr-x

Please update me on your problem, just woke up at this moment, gonna help out more later after breakfast. ;)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2
    It works great, but I have a small problem. I use an INT2EXT script. When I do a backup from recovery it find sd-ext normally and backs it up. But now, when I do it online, it doesn't recognize sd-ext partition and therefore it thinks (and backs up) the apps I have from data folder. That will mess up the ROM when I restore the backup right?

Onandroid is still not compatible with those kinds of flavors of data2SD where the phone's /data is mounted to /sd-ext and /sd-ext is mounted to /data. Amarullz, int2ext, mount2sd(using r-mount) are some examples, I would make a fix if i have more experience on script making/editing but I only have little knowledge at the moment, I'm still trying though only until ameer1234567890 fixed it himself. I'm still studying it xD

I myself was on amarullz's ad2sdx but since onandroid isn't compatible, I went back to s2e haha.
    So I can't use this tool :<

I'm afraid so, I tried using onandroid on both amarullz and cronmod's int2ext+ and either bootloops occurs when restoring or automatic wipe of data/cache. Don't worry, we'll fix it but no ETA.