• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL] OnePlusRecovery Tool (V1.0) | Restore Stock (CM11s) | Fix Bricks | ETC

Search This thread

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Hey guys, I am posting this in hopes that it will solve your problem now or in the future. This is basically a modified Msm8974DownloadTool that includes the CM11s (XNPH44S) ROM rather than the color OS ROM (Skipping the whole fastboot flash step and just using this program) as well as its 85% translated (Making it easier to use). This will fix any bricks that you might have gotten yourself into or if you simply want to restore to the stock CM11s firmware. Hope you guys enjoy :)

NOTE: (THIS MEANS READ)
1.) RUN PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR (OR IT WILL FAIL)
2.) If windows 8 nags that it might be unsafe just click more info and click RUN ANYWAY. (Reason: I modified the exe file to flash CM11s rather than Color OS and it causes it to loose the signature.)
3) If drivers dont work or your device is not detected for whatever reason install the QPST tool.

Instructions
1.) Connect your phone to your PC.
2.) Make sure the OnePlusRecoveryTool is open and your PHONE IS OFF.
3.) Hold Volume UP + Power
4.) Your computer should detect it (If not then install proper drivers, Look below)
5.) Click Refresh - Something should be different on one of the columns of the program.
6.) Click Start (Make sure Normal Restore is ticked)
7.) It should flash (It might take a long time to flash System.img and or Userdata.img sometimes)
8.) It will show green once its done, at this point you can disconnect device and hold power to reboot.
9.) You should be fully restored to stock CM11s. Enjoy :)

Video on how to use:

Downloads in Second Post (Thanks Guinea Pig :p )

Last edited:

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Changelog
Code:
v1.1
Fixed Radios 
Fixed Duplicate Flash (16GB Only)
Drivers Extracted By Default
Updated Drivers

v1.0
Initial Release

Note: You may not be to the point where you need this tool yet. If you are just trying to fix issues coming from Oneplus's ROM, then this thread may be able to help you before you go ahead with wiping everything.

Download
Mega.co.nz
Basketbuild
AndroidFileHost

Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST) Mega.co.nz

OnePlus Forums thread is located here.

MSM Drivers: Run the setup file located in the Drivers folder and follow the prompts BEFORE using the tool otherwise it will fail.

WARNING: The Radios issue was addressed in the v1.1 update, but just in case I have provided instructions below on how to manually flash your modem/radio.

After booting into CM11S, download XNPH44S-modem.bin. Then reboot back to fastboot, cd to the .bin file and flash using:
Code:
fastboot flash modem XNPH44S-modem.bin

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just need to clarify something, you mention this restores the device to the stock CM11 firmware, but CM11 isn't the stock firmware for this phone, the stock firmware is CM11S. Is it CM11S or CM11? If it's CM11S, which build does it restore to? If it's CM11, which nightly or snapshot does it restore to?

Transmitted via Bacon

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Just need to clarify something, you mention this restores the device to the stock CM11 firmware, but CM11 isn't the stock firmware for this phone, the stock firmware is CM11S. Is it CM11S or CM11? If it's CM11S, which build does it restore to? If it's CM11, which nightly or snapshot does it restore to?

Transmitted via Bacon

CM11S and XNPH44S

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
v1.1 Release
This release is mostly bug squashing and stability, but here's a little log for those who want to know what all has been changed. All links have been updated in the Downloads section of the second post. Enjoy!

Code:
v1.1
Fixed Radios 
Updated Drivers

dev.meena

Jan 13, 2007
does this thing work? tried installing the drivers but still the tool wnt detect my phone in fastboot. Any reason why

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
does this thing work? tried installing the drivers but still the tool wnt detect my phone in fastboot. Any reason why

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

This tool does NOT use fastboot. It uses the hardware debuging port built into the Qualcomm chipset. Read the OP and follow the instructions on how to activate this port. If you still have questions feel free to ask :)

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Holy crap this thing is a real lifesaver. Improper bootloader and modem flash completely hard bricked my device.

Thanks for the tool bud. Lost data, but at least I got my OPO back. Is there a way to not wipe data? It would have been great if the tool could have an option to not flash userdata.img...

deltatux

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Unfortunetly no, your partitions become borked typically when you lose fastboot or recovery (or both), so reflashing userdata replaces the partitions entirely. Its a total reformat and return to CM11S :)

dev.meena

Jan 13, 2007
This tool does NOT use fastboot. It uses the hardware debuging port built into the Qualcomm chipset. Read the OP and follow the instructions on how to activate this port. If you still have questions feel free to ask :)

I followed the instructions completely, first installed the drivers which I guess isntalled the Colors drivers after that put my phone in fastboot but still the tool failed to detect my phone in any of the ports. Any clue what I need to do to get this working?
I tried installing the drivers again but the setup wnt run and will close immediately after the prompt window.

I have used Nexus devices earlier hence I am quiet familiar with ADB etc but needed to get this tool also working just in case I have a brick and other ways of recovering fail http://cdn4.xda-developers.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

Reactions: Atiq Rahman

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Have you tried rebooti g your computer? Since this is a chip set debugging port nothing is displayed when you are using it. That's why you have to have the service connected and program open to get into this mode. Try holding volume up and power for only 5-10 seconds while the device is plugged in and program is ruining. It should be detected right away. :)

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

Yes it does, but it isn't required that your bootloader be unlocked for you to use this as far as I've tested.

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Updated thread with useful information specific to your partitions and Oneplus's ROM (see link underneath the changelog).

betalaga

Apr 22, 2010
Turin
hello Zyxxeil and thank you for the tutorial, i have save my OPO from an incredible brick .

if my experience can help other user, after connecting the phone off and open the tool , Windows recognizes the phone with previously installed drivers and then you press vol up and power for a few seconds , then refresh the tool , without waiting for the fastboot screen.. then clicking start makes all the procedure to screen black!

Reactions: PlasmaPump

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Hey there, @Zyxxeil and @WEM97 :)

I have a user who's having trouble downloading from your Mega account, I'd like to request permission to upload a mirror to Google Drive please.

Transmitted via Bacon

Yeah, I personally prefer Androidfilehost but my friend is the one managing the downloads. Ill talk to him about it and ill update the links shortly as well as provide some mirrors.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I am posting this in hopes that it will solve your problem now or in the future. This is basically a modified Msm8974DownloadTool that includes the CM11s (XNPH44S) ROM rather than the color OS ROM (Skipping the whole fastboot flash step and just using this program) as well as its 85% translated (Making it easier to use). This will fix any bricks that you might have gotten yourself into or if you simply want to restore to the stock CM11s firmware. Hope you guys enjoy :)

NOTE: (THIS MEANS READ)
    1.) RUN PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR (OR IT WILL FAIL)
    2.) If windows 8 nags that it might be unsafe just click more info and click RUN ANYWAY. (Reason: I modified the exe file to flash CM11s rather than Color OS and it causes it to loose the signature.)
    3) If drivers dont work or your device is not detected for whatever reason install the QPST tool.

Instructions
    1.) Connect your phone to your PC.
    2.) Make sure the OnePlusRecoveryTool is open and your PHONE IS OFF.
    3.) Hold Volume UP + Power
    4.) Your computer should detect it (If not then install proper drivers, Look below)
    5.) Click Refresh - Something should be different on one of the columns of the program.
    6.) Click Start (Make sure Normal Restore is ticked)
    7.) It should flash (It might take a long time to flash System.img and or Userdata.img sometimes)
    8.) It will show green once its done, at this point you can disconnect device and hold power to reboot.
    9.) You should be fully restored to stock CM11s. Enjoy :)

Video on how to use:

Downloads in Second Post (Thanks Guinea Pig :p )
    Changelog
    Code:
    v1.1
    Fixed Radios 
    Updated Drivers

v1.0
    Initial Release

Note: You may not be to the point where you need this tool yet. If you are just trying to fix issues coming from Oneplus's ROM, then this thread may be able to help you before you go ahead with wiping everything.

Download
    Mega.co.nz
    Basketbuild
    AndroidFileHost

Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST) Mega.co.nz

OnePlus Forums thread is located here.

MSM Drivers: Run the setup file located in the Drivers folder and follow the prompts BEFORE using the tool otherwise it will fail.

WARNING: The Radios issue was addressed in the v1.1 update, but just in case I have provided instructions below on how to manually flash your modem/radio.

After booting into CM11S, download XNPH44S-modem.bin. Then reboot back to fastboot, cd to the .bin file and flash using:
    Code:
    fastboot flash modem XNPH44S-modem.bin
    @Zyxxeil & @WEM97

Thanks for making this compilation :highfive:

My story is almost same as Consan's one. Under Windows, the drivers for the Qualcomm debug COM port is a real PITA, because:
    1. Most of us use Windows 7/8.x x64, which demands driver signing enforcement.
    2. The Chinese ColorOS driver installer installs fine, but doesn't show any failure notification on such operating systems.
    3. Also its created by Inno Setup with some custom addition so that it can't be unpacked by available unpackers to extract the driver.
    4. Even with the extracted driver (source), we need to disable driver signing enforcement.

Interestingly, Nokia Care Suite PST installs an WHQL driver for this device ID which is acting like a low level communication channel while flashing Lumia phones. I have that already installed, so it detect the bricked OPO but there is a catch! The Qualcomm downloader tool expect a virtual COM port whereas the Nokia driver creates a USB device.

Looks like it is also possible to turn on this downloading mode on various HTC devices, but again there is no available driver. Fortunately I'm able to locate an x86 WHQL driver of the COM port for Qualcomm Quanta IS7 from Microsoft Update Server! Then its a piece of cake to get the x64 one.

Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 2.1.0.5
    x86: http://download.windowsupdate.com/m..._d2d9d13c011c3be79fc5589b3cc30caf53d237ff.cab
    x64: http://download.windowsupdate.com/m..._ed08f7139a2028da454a6668162f44ac311facc0.cab

They are fully WHQL certified (thus no need to turn of driver signing enforcement) & created for Windows upto 8.1.

Tested on:
    Windows 7 SP1 x86
    Windows 8.1 with November update x64

BTW, you need to update the thread title. ;)
    You should be able to adb sideload a nandroid backup if your in recovery or better yet flash it using an OTG device. If that does not work then this tool might be useful.

First your going to want to completely power off the device and MAKE SURE THAT the phone is CONNECTED TO THE PC. Once the phone is off and connected to pc just hold Power + Volume up until your computer recognizes the device (The phone won't light up or anything so rely on your computers device noise). Once that happens it should install the proper drivers if you used the ones that are included in the tool. From there you should be set to go.

If that does not work try uninstalling ALL previous drivers you installed and install the ones in the tool.

Nope didnt work at all! I did everything in EXACT order you wrote and what was saying in the guide everytime I tried. Did a full uninstall on every driver with USBreview and did All over again. could not get it to work, everytime that after installning the drivers that is included in the tool I got QHSUSB_BULK drivers error when I plugged in the phone in computer.. I read and read and read for 4 hours and found other had same problem !! This is what some other guy wrote:

Second note about drivers if that I had the worst time trying to get things to work on my Windows 7 computers. Both Windows 7 and 8 block unsigned driver installations. I've tried overwriting these settings and spent half a day messing with it, and I never go the next steps to work properly. I ended up trying installing the drivers from Setup.exe and the following steps on my Windows 2003 server and things worked properly first time. I am not saying that you won't get this to work on Window 7 or 8, but if you're having troubles try Windows XP, that might make a difference.

I also deactivate unsigned driver installation but still same fail... I found a Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 2.1.0.5 for Windows 7 that I used. I opened the Device Manager, I found my device named QHSUSB_BULK with an yellow triangle. I pressed udate drivers , choose from computer and installed that Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 2.1.0.5 I donwloaded. AFTER THAT the tool found my phone and I was manage to flash ROM :) took me half a day. I cant have done wrong , somethnig must be wrong with the drivers in the tool for w7 64bit or something . this was the first time I have hard bricked a phone EVER and I have flashed a lot . But im glad it worked out with that Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver since that guy also had same problem as me and later got it to work with that driver. Qualcomm HS-USB Drivers
    Awesome!

Aaaannnnddd...

Added to OnePlus One index thread:

[INDEX] OnePlus One Resources Compilation Roll-Up

Transmitted via Bacon