[TOOL]PERI-0.42 One click root+recovery/fix-bootloops+soft-bricks ALL Devices+.27! :D

Search This thread

toweliechaos

Sep 19, 2014
Super stuck

Hi, I don't know if anyone is still bothering with this device, but I'll give it a go. I will preface this by saying I've been through most of this thread, so apologies if I've missed the answer already.

I have a B60 TF101 that I am properly stuck with. I had a bootloop and have been diminishing ever since.

I have been trying with EasyFlasher (various versions) and get the following:

Tablet connects to PC as an APX device. Running the 'Flash Stock/Unbrick' option, everything completes as expected. However, when I disconnect I cannot turn the tablet on. Yet, if I connect to the PC and hold the power button down for 6-8s, the PC does the Windows bing-bong for new hardware and it appears as an APX device again.

So, I've now tried the PERI-tool and can't get anywhere with it. I can install the tablet as an ADB Composite device (shows as such in Device Manager). However, in 'Devices and Printers' it still appears as Unspecified > APX for some reason. Consequently, when I try to run the adb.exe it shows as no device found.

In short, I have a tablet that I cannot get into recovery with, or turn on. Yet, it is obviously still 'alive' as the PC sees it when connected.

The tablet was previously running happily with TWRP and running KatKiss 4.4.3. (so had debugging and unknown devices set but no idea if they still are as I can't see anything anymore!).

Any ideas?

user14

Sep 22, 2010
I just used it to (finally) root and update my TF101 to KatKiss 4.4.4. Worked like a charm. Thanks.

LordNoah

Nov 15, 2014
adb didn't ack
*failed to start daemon*
error:

Help? I've tried closing adb in task manager and it reopens itself

Finally fixed it:
I downloaded the latest adb and ran it, Then I copied the dll's and the adb.exe that the root uses and replaced the original ones.

Last edited:

pepillogrillo

Jun 17, 2012
Vitoria-Gasteiz
Hi,

I have tried to root my slider with the las version, but when I'm run the program it doesn't find any device.

I have take look to know if someone else has the same problem but I didn't find any problem like me.

I have installed the Asus drives, and I have the adb drives also, I have rooted my M8 without problems.

Could someone help me with this issue.

I have my Slider updated until the last official version .27.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rinolio

Dec 21, 2014
It WORKS

It works
Thank you for this great tutorial, and all the nice messages it contains. Suitable even for a French man who does not speak a very good English !

upwardseven

Jul 20, 2010
get most of the way through and after the first reboot I get this message " /dev/block/mmcblk0p4: cannot open for write: Permission denied" stuck there

waleedezz

Jan 20, 2015
help needed

i was running katkiss on 4.4.2 kitkat, on twrp, i wanted to flash another rom, i wiped the system n formated, now i can seem to be able to flash a new rom OmniROM, i guess wiping the system removed the root, how can i fix this issue?

y_chromosome

Feb 20, 2007
My TF101 was stuck in a boot loop and couldn't see the SD card, so I was stuck - Until I found this!! Thanks very much for engineering such a smoothly-operating tool.

Reactions: Thing O Doom

hollowsmart

Oct 14, 2011
I would also like thank you for this tool. I spent so much time trying to figure out how to install this tool on my TF101 until I found this. It was so simple to use!

thefollower

Oct 11, 2011
I keep getting this:

adb server is out of date. killing...
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error:
Done!
Press any key to continue . . .

Pretty much every step of the way....how can it error then let me continue to the next step ? What is causing the error and how do I fix it?

pranayraicha

Nov 15, 2015
hi.,, thanks for this. however I am stuck at the last point. when it enteres the recovery mode it shows android with red triangle and exclamation mark and then after some time boots like normal.. I don't see the wipe commands etc.. please help .. I love my tf101 and this is frustrating

xSilas43

Jun 25, 2013
TF101, SL101 and TF101G on ICS firmwares anything else is untested.
Also should work on TF201 and TF300T on ICS ONLY!
For Windows, tested on windows 7 x64 bit, xp 32 bit and windows 7 32 bit.
Your data will be retained, unless you wipe in TWRP or something :p

UPDATE:
Added V0.41 which includes TWRP
Also V0.42 which is even newer TWRP!

apk not working sofar :[

If you have a TF201, or TF300T, this will work still, but you need to replace the included file 'recoveryblob' with a recoveryblob from a recovery from your device (download the .zip file for the recovery you want, and extract the 'blob' or 'recoveryblob' file from it and place in PERI folder, naming it recoveryblob and overwriting the otherone!)

Initiate project-PERI:
Since there's no one-clicks that I've stumbled across, and many people are asking if this-that etc.. works with .24, I've made an easy one-click (ish) that guides you through it and runs the necessary commands.
Thanks to:
Team Rouge (I used their touch recovery version)
Wolf (For his method to flash recovery!)
Roach (Bootloop fix)
Members here for testing help :] (I'm bad about typos...)

Download here (feel free to mirror):
V0.1- Platypus - 13.42MB
Version 0.1
Mirror - Thanks Alan1995
Mirror 2 - Thanks Alan1995

V0.2- Elephant - 13.39MB
Version 0.2
Mirror - Thanks Alan1995
Mirror 3 - Thanks Alan1995

V0.3- Raptor - 13.39MB
Version 0.3
Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.4- Indri - 13.39MB
Version 0.4
Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.41- TwrpyIndri - 14.29MB
Version 0.41 (TWRP 2.3.2.3)

V0.42- TwrpyIndri Cutting Edge - 14.15MB
Version 0.42 -- Recommended (TWRP 2.5.0.0)

Just unzip it to a folder anywhere and run the .bat file!
Works with or without MicroSD, just let the device totally reboot (E.G. don't let any commands run at the splash screen or in recovery.)
Fixed reboot confusion in V0.2 -Didn't fix in v0.2, Did fix in v0.3 though

If I did anything wrong, or offended any devs, killed someone's cat, or something else, Please let me know!

Post here with any questions or problems, I tested this and everything worked fine, but still consider it as final? release candidate 4.
Did it work?
This should do everything needed, and all is included in zip!

If you want to skip any steps that you've already done if you mess up, just unplug the USB and pretend that it isn't throwing 'device not found' errors, then get back to where you were.
If superuser isn't installing but you have recovery, try 'fix permissions' in recovery. -- Fixed (hopefully) in V0.2

Read the readme and run as administrator! Video-tut is here!
**Also attached to thread.**

PERI - Changelog --
Code:
[*][B]V0.42[/B]
-- Added [I]cutting edge[/I] TWRP 2.5.0.0
-- Thanks jazzruby
[B]V0.41[/B]
-- Added TWRP 2.3.2.3 recovery, finally c:
-- Fixed a couple typos.
-- Fed a llama candy.
[B]V0.4[/B]
-- Added option for ROOT users to just flash recovery.
-- Added unbrick/bootloop fix option for those that can access adb (hopefully works)
-- Bug fix, minor layout change.
-- Second-Last windows release! :D 'Last is auto APX unbrick..' Then the app.
-- Indri
[B]V0.3[/B]
-- Fixed reboot typo that causes failed reboot
-- Other layout issues and typos
-- [I]Added a Readme, read it[/I]
-- Got angry at video recorder for not working.
-- Raptor
[B]V0.2[/B]
-- Fixed a few layout issues and typos.
-- Added driver autoinstaller for Windows 7. (XP Can still use manual)
-- Updated the SU zip I was using, hopefully fixes fake error messages.
-- Fixed reboot confusion (Reordered command layout)
-- Elephant

[B]V0.1[/B]
[I]-- Initial Release[/I]
-- Helps you root and install recovery.
-- Simple mostly automated batch script.
-- Driver install guide too!
-- Reboot bug included!
-- Platypus
[/CENTER]

Tl;DR: This installs recovery and walks you through rooting your device from total stock. It includes everything you need, download is above.
It also functions as a unbrick for soft-bricks where you can access ADB or if your recovery is bootlooping and won't flash anything.

If you already have root: This tool will work on an already rooted tf to install Rouge's latest Touch Recovery (Reads from internal and external)
--if you're in a bootloop and can boot into android via-cold-boot, this will fix it! :D--
So if anyone who's already rooted doesn't mind doing further testing on it that would be great, the more reports the better!

If the superuser.zip isn't giving you root (For whatever reason o_O) try flashing the attached SuperSU I packed.

Video:
How to use PERI to root your Transformer!
**coming soon**

Unbricking/fix recovery bootloop:
I added an unbricking help/feature in V0.4 that'll help with bootloops or softbricks. PERI will help you through it.

**If you want to use the 'I'm already rooted just flash recovery' feature, you need to have given adb su access already!!!**

I bricked my tab on purpose using ROM manager to test the unbricker. Seems to work fine, let me know.
It might have bugs though and not work, in which case 'Don't taze me bro!'
I pretty much copy-pasted roach's bootloop fix.

--
If I helped, click thanks! :)

Thing O Doom isn't responsible for bricks, dead cats, or thermonuclear war. (Although I will help you with the first two. Seek a bomb shelter if you experience the third problem.)

The .bat is open-source, download the .zip and take a look at the .bat with notepad++, if you like.

If you're having driver issues, give USBdeview a looksee.

Just wanted to thank you for this awesome tool! It's an older machine but I just now received an old one as a gift and your easy tool helped me root it effortlessly and now i can update twrp and flash away! thanks again man youre awesome, i can even begin to imagine how to root this device otherwise (first time android tablet).​

Butel/=\

Jan 28, 2016
Verona
Hi guys :)
I have a problem with my TF101.. yesterday I found it turn off and then it was in bootloop.. I went in recovery and wipe everything but it report as error "unablo to mount data".. after many times I was able to reflash the Katkiss without SuperSU and Gapps.. now I can't go in recovery, if I make wipe data/restore to default anything changes.. I tried to use this tool but, unless it said recovery has been installed, I can't boot in recovery..
please, someone can help me? :crying:

EDIT: after many attempts I was able to restore ROM stock

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TF101, SL101 and TF101G on ICS firmwares anything else is untested.
    Also should work on TF201 and TF300T on ICS ONLY!
    For Windows, tested on windows 7 x64 bit, xp 32 bit and windows 7 32 bit.
    Your data will be retained, unless you wipe in TWRP or something :p

UPDATE:
    Added V0.41 which includes TWRP
    Also V0.42 which is even newer TWRP!

apk not working sofar :[

If you have a TF201, or TF300T, this will work still, but you need to replace the included file 'recoveryblob' with a recoveryblob from a recovery from your device (download the .zip file for the recovery you want, and extract the 'blob' or 'recoveryblob' file from it and place in PERI folder, naming it recoveryblob and overwriting the otherone!)

Initiate project-PERI:
    Since there's no one-clicks that I've stumbled across, and many people are asking if this-that etc.. works with .24, I've made an easy one-click (ish) that guides you through it and runs the necessary commands.
    Thanks to:
    Team Rouge (I used their touch recovery version)
    Wolf (For his method to flash recovery!)
    Roach (Bootloop fix)
    Members here for testing help :] (I'm bad about typos...)

Download here (feel free to mirror):
    V0.1- Platypus - 13.42MB
    Version 0.1
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.2- Elephant - 13.39MB
    Version 0.2
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.3- Raptor - 13.39MB
    Version 0.3
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.4- Indri - 13.39MB
    Version 0.4
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.41- TwrpyIndri - 14.29MB
    Version 0.41 (TWRP 2.3.2.3)

V0.42- TwrpyIndri Cutting Edge - 14.15MB
    Version 0.42 -- Recommended (TWRP 2.5.0.0)

Just unzip it to a folder anywhere and run the .bat file!
    Works with or without MicroSD, just let the device totally reboot (E.G. don't let any commands run at the splash screen or in recovery.)
    Fixed reboot confusion in V0.2 -Didn't fix in v0.2, Did fix in v0.3 though

If I did anything wrong, or offended any devs, killed someone's cat, or something else, Please let me know!

Post here with any questions or problems, I tested this and everything worked fine, but still consider it as final? release candidate 4.
    Did it work?
    This should do everything needed, and all is included in zip!

If you want to skip any steps that you've already done if you mess up, just unplug the USB and pretend that it isn't throwing 'device not found' errors, then get back to where you were.
    If superuser isn't installing but you have recovery, try 'fix permissions' in recovery. -- Fixed (hopefully) in V0.2

Read the readme and run as administrator! Video-tut is here!
    **Also attached to thread.**

PERI - Changelog --
    Code:
    [*][B]V0.42[/B]
    -- Added [I]cutting edge[/I] TWRP 2.5.0.0
    -- Thanks jazzruby
    [B]V0.41[/B]
    -- Added TWRP 2.3.2.3 recovery, finally c:
    -- Fixed a couple typos.
    -- Fed a llama candy.
    [B]V0.4[/B]
    -- Added option for ROOT users to just flash recovery.
    -- Added unbrick/bootloop fix option for those that can access adb (hopefully works)
    -- Bug fix, minor layout change.
    -- Second-Last windows release! :D 'Last is auto APX unbrick..' Then the app.
    -- Indri
    [B]V0.3[/B]
    -- Fixed reboot typo that causes failed reboot
    -- Other layout issues and typos
    -- [I]Added a Readme, read it[/I]
    -- Got angry at video recorder for not working.
    -- Raptor
    [B]V0.2[/B]
    -- Fixed a few layout issues and typos.
    -- Added driver autoinstaller for Windows 7. (XP Can still use manual)
    -- Updated the SU zip I was using, hopefully fixes fake error messages.
    -- Fixed reboot confusion (Reordered command layout)
    -- Elephant

[B]V0.1[/B]
    [I]-- Initial Release[/I]
    -- Helps you root and install recovery.
    -- Simple mostly automated batch script.
    -- Driver install guide too!
    -- Reboot bug included!
    -- Platypus
    [/CENTER]

Tl;DR: This installs recovery and walks you through rooting your device from total stock. It includes everything you need, download is above.
    It also functions as a unbrick for soft-bricks where you can access ADB or if your recovery is bootlooping and won't flash anything.

If you already have root: This tool will work on an already rooted tf to install Rouge's latest Touch Recovery (Reads from internal and external)
    --if you're in a bootloop and can boot into android via-cold-boot, this will fix it! :D--
    So if anyone who's already rooted doesn't mind doing further testing on it that would be great, the more reports the better!

If the superuser.zip isn't giving you root (For whatever reason o_O) try flashing the attached SuperSU I packed.

Video:
    How to use PERI to root your Transformer!
    **coming soon**

Unbricking/fix recovery bootloop:
    I added an unbricking help/feature in V0.4 that'll help with bootloops or softbricks. PERI will help you through it.

**If you want to use the 'I'm already rooted just flash recovery' feature, you need to have given adb su access already!!!**

I bricked my tab on purpose using ROM manager to test the unbricker. Seems to work fine, let me know.
    It might have bugs though and not work, in which case 'Don't taze me bro!'
    I pretty much copy-pasted roach's bootloop fix.

--
    If I helped, click thanks! :)

Thing O Doom isn't responsible for bricks, dead cats, or thermonuclear war. (Although I will help you with the first two. Seek a bomb shelter if you experience the third problem.)

The .bat is open-source, download the .zip and take a look at the .bat with notepad++, if you like.

If you're having driver issues, give USBdeview a looksee.
    Uploaded the tool to xda
    I have the same problem... TF101G 9.2.2.4, rooted with PERI 0.4, trying to update to 9.2.2.6 OTA stops in Rogue XM recovery saying "failed to veryfy whole-file signature".

Been searching around now, but there is no clear indication of what is possible and I don't want to risk reading between the lines, so here my question: is there any possible known documented way to update to 9.2.2.6 from 9.2.2.4 with PERI-0.4?

Alternatively, I've also looked at ways to restore stock recovery (and remove Rogue XM), but I haven't been able to find anything clear either (again, I don't want to "guess", it's just too risky for me).

UPDATE:

Nevermind, I found a way, here's the step by step way for people who have the same issue:

1. Go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1689193 and download the 1-Click Transformer Root tool

2. Do the process that restores ASUS stock recovery

3. Update OTA to 9.2.2.6

4. (optional) root or flash CWM recovery if you want

(Sometimes it's really hard to search and find solutions for problems, especially when most postings are written for people who already know lots of terms associated with flashing and ROMs, and there rarely is any glossary that explains anything)
    I'll be releasing an On TF101 / TF101G / Slider android App that does the process without needing a computer in a few days, that'll be Version 1.0 of PERI. Glad it's working so well ;]