[TOOL][PIXEL 2 XL] TOOL ALL IN ONE (Drivers|Unlock|TWRP|Factory Image|Stock Recovery)

Search This thread

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
This is the Pixel 2 XL's TOOL ALL IN ONE Discussion Thread more info and download go to the Original Thread

TOOL ALL IN ONE

Toolaio-V2-main.png

ADVANCED OPTIONS

Toolaio-V2-advanced.png

FUNCTIONS

Install Drivers
Install Drivers
Unlock Bootloader
Lock Bootloader (use carefully)
Flash TWRP Recovery
Flash Stock Recovery
Flash Stock Factory Image
Automatic ROOT
Install APKs
Uninstall APKs
Take a Screenshot
Take a Screen Reocrd
Flash Partitions
Erase All Data (This function can decrypt the phone)
Reboot Phone
Update the Tool to latest version
Update Adb and Fastboot to latest version
Set Adb and Fastboot priviliges in system wide
Install Zip directly from PC (Required TWRP on phone)(These functions work perfectly on my pc but i have perfect adb drivers on my pc and perfect TWRP on my phone)
Flash Fastboot ROM
Delete downloaded files
ADB File Manager

DEVICE LIST
If you want you can send a request to add a new device here:
New Device Request Form
Device List

DOWNLOAD

Original Thread

DONATE LINK

If you want to support the project please consider making a donation, thanks.

Last edited:

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
This saved my ass last night got bootloop from hell nothing would flash at all run this and boom back in business so like to say thanks for the tool :good:

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
Does this tool work well for Pixel XL2? If I wipe phone to unencrypt, will flashing stock re-encrypt it?

You can uncrypt your phone but if you.flash a stock rom, the kernel at first boot will automatically encrypt your memory again. There are 2 different encryption, one by code and one with standard image key. At this moment the twrp will automatically uncrypt the system key but you need to manually write the code (if is setted). The tool will uncrypt both method, the flash of stock rom will re-uncrypt with system key but not with code key

Reactions: buski and almahix

almahix

You can uncrypt your phone but if you.flash a stock rom, the kernel at first boot will automatically encrypt your memory again. There are 2 different encryption, one by code and one with standard image key. At this moment the twrp will automatically uncrypt the system key but you need to manually write the code (if is setted). The tool will uncrypt both method, the flash of stock rom will re-uncrypt with system key but not with code key

Grazie.

dricacho

Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles
Just got my Pixel 2XL the other day and am excited to root and start modding. I have been monitoring this thread just to see what issues people are running into but it looks like not many people are even doing this surprisingly. I mean that's why I bought this Google phone, so I don't have to deal with locked bootloaders that these carriers put in them to discourage rooting. I know this phone is also locked but it's not for the purpose of keeping people from rooting them. I just think that it's so odd that this thread has very little activity.

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Just got my Pixel 2XL the other day and am excited to root and start modding. I have been monitoring this thread just to see what issues people are running into but it looks like not many people are even doing this surprisingly. I mean that's why I bought this Google phone, so I don't have to deal with locked bootloaders that these carriers put in them to discourage rooting. I know this phone is also locked but it's not for the purpose of keeping people from rooting them. I just think that it's so odd that this thread has very little activity.

I think it too, but i don't know why.

The device is very expensive, has dual partitions, has gotten a lot of bad press, and not near as Dev friendly as some others. Having said that, there are about 5 custom roms, root, exposed, substratum, and various launcher and active edge mods. So it's not like we're hurting too bad ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the Pixel 2 XL's TOOL ALL IN ONE Discussion Thread more info and download go to the Original Thread

TOOL ALL IN ONE

Toolaio-V2-main.png

ADVANCED OPTIONS

Toolaio-V2-advanced.png

FUNCTIONS

Install Drivers
    Install Drivers
    Unlock Bootloader
    Lock Bootloader (use carefully)
    Flash TWRP Recovery
    Flash Stock Recovery
    Flash Stock Factory Image
    Automatic ROOT
    Install APKs
    Uninstall APKs
    Take a Screenshot
    Take a Screen Reocrd
    Flash Partitions
    Erase All Data (This function can decrypt the phone)
    Reboot Phone
    Update the Tool to latest version
    Update Adb and Fastboot to latest version
    Set Adb and Fastboot priviliges in system wide
    Install Zip directly from PC (Required TWRP on phone)(These functions work perfectly on my pc but i have perfect adb drivers on my pc and perfect TWRP on my phone)
    Flash Fastboot ROM
    Delete downloaded files
    ADB File Manager

DEVICE LIST
    If you want you can send a request to add a new device here:
    New Device Request Form
    Device List

DOWNLOAD

Original Thread

DONATE LINK

If you want to support the project please consider making a donation, thanks.

ElementalX rom??? Link?
    Elemental X is a kernel, not a rom. The best rom for this phone is Google stock! February Factory image.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    This works now in 2019? Just want to unlock bootloder

Yes it works
    Does this tool work well for Pixel XL2? If I wipe phone to unencrypt, will flashing stock re-encrypt it?

Thanks, I found he dtbo.img inside the image-taimen-opm1.171019.018.zip file within the main zip file. And yes, where can I get the official version of twrp?

Right here ?

https://dl.twrp.me/taimen/