[TOOL]Radio Switcher v."GUI 4.1" More secure than ever! [Win/Linux/Mac]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
Hi everyone, this is a tool for easier switching of the radio, spl and recovery of a 32A Magic. Now written in Java!

Requirements:
Fully charged phone!
Engineering SPL! Get one here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=529019&highlight=hboot+collection

NOTE: If the program says that you DO NOT have root it means that you DO NOT have an Engineering SPL! (S-OFF)

Now a powerful program with a GUI that has several options.
The program allows you to flash the provided files, or select custom ones!
You may also erase the system, data and cache partitions, on demand or as part of the flashing process.
You may now watch the progress on your mobile and on the PC!
NEW! Able to erase partitions AND restore nandroid backups!

N.B! DO NOT RENAME OR TOUCH ANY FILES THAT YOU RECEIVE WITH THE PACKAGE! There is no need for you to mess with it because there are options for flashing CUSTOM files. (the ones you select)

HOW-TO:
1. Extract RadioSwitchGUI_v4.rar anywhere you like, but do not touch anything inside its folder.
2. Boot your phone into fastboot.
3. Connect it to your PC via USB.
Windows:
4. Run RadioSwitcherAPP.jar or WinRun.bat and select one of the options.
5. Enjoy the app.
Linux:
N.B Don't double click on the jar file. It will not load the folder options correct! Use the provided LinuxRun.sh!!!
4. Right click on LinuxRun.sh and choose "Properties".
5. Click on the "Permissions" tab.
6. Click on "Allow executing file as program" and enable it. If it is allready enabled then leave it!
7. Click "Close".8.Double click on LinuxRun.sh and choose "Run".
8. Enjoy the app.

Warning! The procedure involves RISK, by downloading the files you agree that YOU are to be held responsible in case of any damage.

WITH THE PROVIDED FILES IT CAN ONLY BE USED FOR THE OLD 32A MAGIC (W/O 3.5MM JACK)!!!
You can use custom files to use it for flashing ANY device though!

THIS PROGRAM WILL (by default) ERASE YOUR SYSTEM AND DATA PARTITIONS!
This program will NOT create a nandroid backup that you can revert to later, so do it manually.

I hope someone will find it usefull!

Enjoy! :)

I wish to thank
KOZE for testing the Mac version and providing the mac version of the fastboot program!
BIG thanks to mumilover who wrote the wonderful Java version!
Amon_RA for the recovery images.
CursorDroid for everything he has done and for hosting!
:No-Frost: for the idea and code improvements and the Spanish translation!!!
tomme45i for translating it into Polish!
Bcrook for making the (legacy) linux version!
capychimp for translating it into danish!
fabioccoelho for translating it into Portuguese (BR)!

VERSION "GUI v4" is out! The most secure version yet! (thanks mumilover!)
Full version: NOTE: Due to slight changes version number did not change. (thread version is 4.1, the program says 4.0)
DropBox

Lite version (only for those who used the previous versions!):
RapidShare
Direct download
N.B To use the lite version simply copy the contents of the .rar file above into your existing RadioSwitcher folder!

Older versions:
1. v."GUI":
RapidShare
Direct download
2. v."GUI 3.5":
RapidShare
Direct download

Legacy version:
English: http://www.theandroidkitchen.com/eyegor/Radio Switcher/Version 2/?download=Radio+Switcher+v2.1.rar
md5: http://www.theandroidkitchen.com/ey...n 2/?download=Radio+Switcher+v2.1+english.md5
LINUX: http://www.theandroidkitchen.com/eyegor/Radio Switcher/Version 2/?download=radio+switcher+linux.zip
N.B: PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE CORRESPONDING .MD5 FILE AND CHECK FOR CORRUPTION BEFORE PROCEEDING (Win only, linux has it integrated)

Last edited:

raymar23

Oct 7, 2009
Moncton, NB
Great idea

Awesome idea, I like it, just a little concerning for noobs if a file is renamed as NEW instead of OLD it could cause a brick and vise versa

For those using this please follow the instructions provided carefully, and rename the correct readio/SPL to the correct names, Yes I know sounds simple enough.

Awesome work, might give it a try to revert to old radio to try the latest cyanogenmod ROM :D

and just wanted to suggest to include the Radio/SPL file combo's in the download to create a full package and simplify things even further.

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
I did include them all in the download link :) (I've made it more clear in the OP) The reason why i also provided just the batch file is cause some people might prefer using their own radio/spl/recovery combo :)

BTW, the new Cyanogen is simply amazing. It is as fast as 1.6/1.5! I'm currently running it...

lubu63

Jan 29, 2010
Argenta
Very useful but it returns me an error:

"CHOICE: invalid choice switch syntax. Expected form: /C[:] choices"

and then asks for installing the NEW radio

What's wrong ?

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
Did you press either 1 or 2 and NOTHING else?
I've tested it again, if i press any other number the computer beeps. You can only select 1 or 2.
The options work fine for me.

/c[:] "choice" sets from which values you can choose. in this case its 1 or 2

lubu63

Jan 29, 2010
Argenta
It just start with the error as soon as i run it, no menu and no way to choose between the two option even pushing 1 (or 2) while starting the batch.

I guess you have Vista/7; it must be something wrong with XP, I will let you know....

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
yes, i wrote it under win7...but it has to be compatible.
try downloading it again...
ill make a version in xp later today if you cant get it to work :)

lubu63

Jan 29, 2010
Argenta
I've tested it on other machines running XP with the same result, and works as it should on the only PC running Vista I have at the office.
ah ah, it's kind of amazing, it's the first time Vista does something better than XP ;-)
I think it depends on the different choice files in the two system (choice.com in XP - choice.exe in Vista)
Don't worry about me, I will revert to old radio step by step (I'm just courious to try the new Cyanogen 5 since the Hero update to 2.1 is still late)
Anyway, it will be a very useful tool for many people, so I hope you to succeed in get it working in XP too (of course if other people has the same errors in XP).
Thank you eyegor

SOLVED

choice.com (XP) and choice.exe (Vista) have different syntax (poor MS customers). I've made some testing and found:

Vista (as in your batch): CHOICE /N /C 12 /M "Press "1" for the OLD radio, or "2" for the NEW radio"

to get it working in XP must be translated to:

CHOICE /N /C12 "Press 1 for the OLD radio, or 2 for the NEW radio"

and, yes, this is sooo stupid IMHO ......... blame MS once again

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
Ill provide an xp version later today...or tomorrow if i dont succeed today..:)

Sent from my HTC Magic using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

ONX

Mar 14, 2009
Prahova / Zaragoza
Thanks but...

"Please enter 1 for the OLD radio or 2 for the NEW radio."

This will flash the NEW radio!!! (HTC Magic 6.35.xx.xx)
Press any key to continue . . .
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
All done!
Press any key to continue . . .

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
The REQUIREMENTS state that you need to have working ADB/fastboot...
You need to add them to your system path :)

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
just put that new file in the folder with radio/spl/recovery instead of the old file ;-)

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
Let me know how it goes if you use it! :)

BTW, Lubu, I only just saw what you wrote about XP, i implemented XP support in another way :)
Thank you for your assistance!

:No-Frost:

Sep 4, 2009
Santiago
twitter.com
xD Didn't expect somebody will use this :D ... Glad to know somebody likes the Batch file... I will upload the latest version that includes files verification...

The only problem is that I need to translate the batch from spanish to english...

Dou you have MSN???

EDIT::

Translation done... I will try to contact you to send you my batch file, it's has more security as it doesn't allow to install any file if it's not present in a "default" folder...

As you did the thread first, I don't want to take the credit of it ^^...

tomme45i

Jun 26, 2006
Wroclaw
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi eyegor
I have made little modification to this batch files. Here are my version (Radio_Switcher_tomme45i.zip includes XP and standard version) - added few commands and fully translated to Polish lang.
Cheers

Attachments

• Radio_Switcher_tomme45i.zip
    1,009 bytes · Views: 50

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
great!
ill add it to the op when i get home :)

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
Version 2.1 is now out!
It is more secure and has more options!
It will NOT work with old files unless they are renamed to fit the names of the ones mentioned in the OP!
Code improvements done by :No-Frost: and I!

Uploaded!

:No-Frost:

Sep 4, 2009
Santiago
twitter.com
I definetly want to see the improvements made by you ^^...

I'm working in an executable file that doesn't need anything more than a download and execute to show you the options (probably not even ADB :D )...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't forget to hit that "Donate to me" button for all my work :0)
    Also, check out the updated version here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824435
    Or just click the link in my signature.

The reason why i have a donate button is because my Magic/MyTouch got stolen and i need a new/used one to continue to develop more tools... The button will be removed once i have enough to purchase a device.
    It is probably explained in that thread. Anyway, if it is a newer ROM you could flash one of the kernels for the 32A (that you can find in the G1 section, in the thread "the kernel corner") after flashing the ROM. Be sure to make a nand backup and wipe before trying anything.
    You didn't have to. Some ROMs requite 6.35, some require 3.22. I personally find 6.35 useless, because it does not reconnect to the mobile network upon disconnecting (lets say you went to underground parking), but others think its better.