How To Guide [TOOL] RAW Firmware for ROG Phone 6 - can be used for CN -> WW converting

Search This thread

AndroPlus

Too many people are trying to use firmware to make money, so I decided to release them for free!
I got them from a site that distributes them for $10.

DOWNLOAD
Password is:
Code:
https://androplus.org

How to flash:
  1. Plug the USB Type-C cable into the port on the side
  2. Reboot into bootloader
  3. Extract RAW firmware zip and run flashall_AFT.cmd
  4. You'll see "FLASH COMPLETE. RESTART!" when flashing is completed
  5. Rebooting will open recovery, so do a Factory data reset.
  6. Done!
(The guide is also on my blog)

The functionality of fingerprint sensor and Widevine L1 remain intact when flashing global RAW firmware on CN hardware.

How to delete HardwareStub notification:
Use my Magisk module.

You can extract boot.img from RAW firmware or payload.bin found in official OTA zip.

Last edited:

mahdibassam

Jul 31, 2009
Auckland
Good idea to create a separate thread for this, information has been spread around the forum so this makes it easy.

Thanks for sharing the firmware, more and more people should be receiving their devices so this will be useful. I think the mods should make this a sticky.

Re the magisk module for hardware stub notification - any way to get rid of the notification without having root? I will be selling my CN version of the device with WW hardware, so dont want to give the buyer a rooted phone.

I bought a 512GB global version of the device :)

mahdibassam

Jul 31, 2009
Auckland
Too many people are trying to use firmware to make money, so I decided to release them for free!

DOWNLOAD

How to flash:
  6. Done!

The functionality of fingerprint sensor and Widevine L1 remain intact when flashing global RAW firmware on CN hardware.

Use my Magisk module.

You can extract boot.img from RAW firmware or payload.bin found in official OTA zip.

One more question about your magisk module for the hwstub notification - will the fix remain if you root, flash the magisk module, and then remove magisk/root? or will it need the magisk module to be active on the phone to keep the fix?

AndroPlus

One more question about your magisk module for the hwstub notification - will the fix remain if you root, flash the magisk module, and then remove magisk/root? or will it need the magisk module to be active on the phone to keep the fix?
Notification fix works only when Magisk module is active.
Maybe there's a way to fix without root, but I don't know.

Reactions: mahdibassam

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Nexus 6P
Huawei Mate 20 X

Instead of using a Magisk module, you *might* be able to root, then use a non-invasive tool like App Manager (link below) with SU access to unflag POST_NOTIFICATION under App Ops for HW Stub and then remove root if that's what you really want. The solution should be permanent. I may be able to test it when I find some time, or you can have a go yourself and confirm. No risk of breaking anything:

Last edited:
Reactions: mahdibassam

AndroPlus

Does this root the phone, if so would LSPosed and Island work? I'm planning to get the international/HK version of the 6 Pro since there's no warranty for CN models here. Or should I wait for TWRP instead?
No, this guide only flash stock global ROM.
You just need to extract boot.img by unpacking raw img, then patch it in Magisk app and flash it in fastboot: fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Nexus 6P
Huawei Mate 20 X
Does this root the phone, if so would LSPosed and Island work? I'm planning to get the international/HK version of the 6 Pro since there's no warranty for CN models here. Or should I wait for TWRP instead?

You can root & run LSPosed on these devices with no issues. The WW (HK) version is great and it's a genuine global version which is the way to go (the only way to go if you ask me). I have the same WW-HK versions of 3 and 5 and have set up a same version 6 for someone, all rooted, running LSPosed and everything else 100% smooth. TWRP is not a must although definitely a nice to have once available for the 6.

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
THANK YOU!

Code:
sed -i 's/\.\///g' * && sudo flash flashall_AFT.sh

Is what I used to run it from my linux and it worked great.

wanted to try the chinese version and see this better battery stuff :D

finallau

Mar 6, 2015
london

DOWNLOAD
Password is:
Code:

How to flash:
  6. Done!

Use my Magisk module.

Thanks!!

Could you also provide the boot.img & patched magisk boot.img from this raw file? I don't mind paying for it..

nadejo

Jun 28, 2010
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
What people outside of cn buying the cn version don't understand is, it will probably not have the same 5g reception as the global version. A phone at that price range deserves some patience. Also you sure you have nfc on the cn hardware?

Reactions: abdennour.tlb

finallau

Mar 6, 2015
london
I couldn't use G Pay now because my play protection certification isn't certified after changing to WW rom running latest rom, bootloader locked & unrooted..
Safety net check all passed except for cts profile match fail..
I tried clearing data on services, play store & framework still can't get it solved..
Any solution other than using magisk/root to bypass it?

Last edited:

atsushiboy

Jan 24, 2010
ASUS ROG Phone II
I couldn't use G Pay now because my play protection certification isn't certified after changing to WW rom running latest rom, bootloader locked & unrooted..
Safety net check all passed except for cts profile match fail..
I tried clearing data on services, play store & framework still can't get it solved..
Any solution other than using magisk/root to bypass it?
I'm thinking of buying the tencent version if everything goes well.

Did you change fingerprint to CN > WW ?

>When rooted, use ROOT EXPLORER APK
>Inside app, change MOUNT R/W to R/O.
>Navigate to the /Vendor/Factory
>Find file COUNTRY.
>Change CN to WW

It should stay permanent even after factory reset & unroot.
It worked well for me at least for my ROG Phone 2.

finallau

Mar 6, 2015
london

>Find file COUNTRY.
>Change CN to WW

Yeah I did otherwise manually update would had failed since fingerprint not changed.

I did a re-flash back from provided raw firmware it got certified again but then after I did an update & wiped data, same issue cts profile match fail...

finallau

Mar 6, 2015
london

>Find file COUNTRY.
>Change CN to WW

Just realize my fingerprint isn't WW upon checking from device info HW app. However going back the COUNTRY file in root explorer did show WW..

Any solution? I did a 2nd reflash of the WW raw firmware still no change..

Any solution?

Also, tapping "mount r/w" has no changes in ROOT explorer but I have root checker checked..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DOWNLOAD
    Password is:
    Code:

How to flash:
    6. Done!

Use my Magisk module.

Notification fix works only when Magisk module is active.
    Maybe there's a way to fix without root, but I don't know.

Instead of using a Magisk module, you *might* be able to root, then use a non-invasive tool like App Manager (link below) with SU access to unflag POST_NOTIFICATION under App Ops for HW Stub and then remove root if that's what you really want. The solution should be permanent. I may be able to test it when I find some time, or you can have a go yourself and confirm. No risk of breaking anything:

Thanks!!

Could you also provide the boot.img & patched magisk boot.img from this raw file? I don't mind paying for it..
    OK, I uploaded here: