Hello world !!!
I'm very happy to present you a project of a new kind : The RecoverX Project
The goal of this project is to gather ALL the recoveries for ALL android devices in ONE tool which install them on the devices. RecoverX is coded in C++ thanks to QtSDK and allow to install a recovery on more than 150 different devices !!!
You just have to select your phone and your recovery, to click "Install" and RecoverX does the rest, It's as simple as that
This program have been published on XDA News : Here and here
Behind this tool : over 120 - 180 hours of work, 4200 lines of code and +600 uses by day !!!
Here is the list of the recoveries which are available :
This program require different prerequesties, depending of your device
- Wether you need an unlocked bootloader to flash the recovery partition (and fastboot drivers on your PC)
- Wether you need root access and usb debugging activated (if busybox is not installed, RecoverX will ask you the permission to install it).
To boot in bootloader mode :
- Tape "reboot bootloader" in terminal emulator.
- Or shutdown your device, hold "Volume +", "Volume -" and press power button.
To boot in recovery mode (depending of the device) :
- Tape "reboot recovery" in terminal emulator.
- Or shutdown your device, enter in bootloader mode and select "Recovery".
- Or press back button when the device start.
- Or press volume button when the device start.
- Or tap the screen when the device start.
PS : On the first lauch, the download may fail, please, try to restart the program again.
RecoverX is now available on Google Play : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2595072
RecoverX v220.127.116.11 : http://sybiload.shost.ca/recoverx/download.html
Here is some screenshots
The CWM team, for their recovery
The TWRP team, for their recovery
Amon_RA, for his recovery
nobodyAtall & Zihu for their based-recovery
Ansfer for his based-recovery
cray_Doze for his based-recovery
PvyParts, who have help me to fix the ICS support bug
If you have any suggestions or you want to report a bug, just write above this post.
The source code of RecoverX is available on the second post.
To finish, I can only anwer to PM on the week-end so... be patient !!!
PS : Donations are volunteer but allow me to spend more time on the project