[Tool][Script] Little Android Build Script (LABS)

Search This thread

tabp0le

Inactive Recognized Developer
Little Android Build Script (LABS)

This tool is designed to automate syncing your android source tree, setup your build environment, clean the install directory and upload the resulting .zip and md5 files. You can easily set this to run on a cron job and use as an alternative to jenkins. Optionally, it can also update an .xml OTA file and push the changes to Github. (It was designed for use with SlimUpdater, which is used in RR. (I designed the script for myself - this is what I needed) Please feel free to modify for your needs.

Instructions:
  • Clone the repo or download the files
  • Put the files in the root of your android build directory
  • Open the config file and change the device code name, sftp server information, device/md5sum naming & ssh private key to fit your needs
  • Open up a terminal window and type "chmod a+x *.sh"
  • Type "./syncbuild.sh" and press enter to build

Please note, currently only sftp is supported by this script. You must have your ssh key in your ~/.ssh folder, and it must be in your path. Feel free to change the script to fit your needs. (Such as ftp, ftps, scp, etc) You may need to modify the upload-sftp.sh or more files to get ftp working if you do not use ftp over ssh (sftp) and a private key file.

Additionally/optionally, you may add this to your roomservice.xml and it will sync with the rest of your tree:
Code:
<project path="build/tabp0le-labs" name="tabp0le/little-android-build-script" remote="github" revision="master">
    <linkfile src="otacommit.sh" dest="otacommit.sh" />
    <linkfile src="syncbuild.sh" dest="syncbuild.sh" />
    <linkfile src="upload-sftp.sh" dest="upload-sftp.sh" />
    <linkfile src="config.conf" dest="config.conf" />
  </project>

XDA:DevDB Information
Little Android Build Script (LABS), Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
tabp0le
Source Code: https://github.com/tabp0le/little-android-build-script

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2017-03-20

Created 2017-03-20
Last Updated 2017-03-20