• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[tool] sd-card sync sauce - twrp & android!

Search This thread

jlee08517

Aug 30, 2012
Same. I meant to press backup but derped hard and pressed restore instead. I freaked out but everything seems to be running well even after the restore.

Fe Mike

Dec 26, 2014
Sorry for the noobish question, I'm new to Nexus\pixel phones. How do you use this tool?

VanGolfer

Oct 24, 2013
@bryantjopplin: hi, try to run the incremental backup today but failed both on TWRP and Android. It was all good last year before upgrade to latest Android 8.1 (OPM1.171019.013, Jan 2018). Also you may notice that the SDK platform tools is 27.0.1 (December 2017) now. I am not sure where goes wrong. Used to be all good. Could you please look into it? Thanks

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
@bryantjopplin: hi, try to run the incremental backup today but failed both on TWRP and Android. It was all good last year before upgrade to latest Android 8.1 (OPM1.171019.013, Jan 2018). Also you may notice that the SDK platform tools is 27.0.1 (December 2017) now. I am not sure where goes wrong. Used to be all good. Could you please look into it? Thanks
Can you please screenshot or snip the cmd prompt where it fails. I have noticed files that are unbelievably long and files with aesterisk in them make it fail. I had to delete a GoogleCamera panoramic files in Android data folder. See attached screenshot to see filepath at the top. I believe windows is limited by the file path length. The aesterisk might be an issue with the adbsync exe not windows. Screenshot_20180113-184910-01.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VanGolfer

Oct 24, 2013
Can you please screenshot or snip the cmd prompt where it fails. I have noticed files that are unbelievably long and files with aesterisk in them make it fail. I had to delete a GoogleCamera panoramic files in Android data folder. See attached screenshot to see filepath at the top. I believe windows is limited by the file path length. The aesterisk might be an issue with the adbsync exe not windows. View attachment 4388565

Problem solved, thank you for the tips! :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a really straight foward sd-card incremental backup tool for all the crack flashers. This has been tested on the Pixel 2 XL in TWRP and Android extensively. It should works on most data media devices in TWRP with no issues. If the device also has a /storage/emulated/0 it should work in Android. Root is not required as far as I know, but recommended as it was tested with root. Also please make sure no file names have a * in them as it will fail the backup.

This has also been tested via Wireless ADB with ADB Wireless By Henry app on the Play Store. I have created and option to connect to it via wireless. All you need to is start the app and type the ip address given from the app. This function of the app will kill the adb server and start a new one on your giving ip address. If you want to continue working from the wired portion you will need to open a cmd prompt with adb access and type
    Code:
    adb kill-server
    Or you can use the built in ADB menu.

All credits go to @Renate NST for the exe here. Also based on "ADBsync sdcard Backup" by @osm0sis, found here.

*DOWNLOADS*

https://www.mediafire.com/file/v0bj2c7sx7azbya/SDCARD SYNC SAUCE V0.5.zip
    One of your one-click scripts have been added. Thats why I tagged you. But if you would like I can remove it and I can just keep the Android side of it?

Addressed via PM. Thanks for the updated credit. Carry on. :):good:
    Added a reg file to import to hopefully fixed the issues with long filenames within windows.
    Addressed via PM. Thanks for the updated credit. :)

Right on man. I forgot how brilliant that OP full of scripts linked above really is. I highly recommend folks check it out if for no other reason but to see what prolific devs on XDA are churning out... :)
    Yeah Jrbxx7. It was while u were gone lol. Think it was mike c that used it.
    Aah ok lol