[TOOL] T-Mobile OnePlus 6T MSMDownloadTool [Firmware 9.0.13] [8/9]

Search This thread

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Okay folks, took forever to find, but we finally have it, the T-Mobile OnePlus 6T MSMDownloadTool, your brick savior, bootloader relocker, among other things, I will include a basic faq at the end.

Requirements:

1. Windows PC
2. OnePlus 6T - T-Mobile Version ONLY (It will fail otherwise).
3. Zip linked below, unzip and keep all files within the same folder.

Steps to restore are as follows:

1. Open up your working folder and run MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe
2. Power off the device, unplugged from the working pc.
3. Holding Volume up and down together, plug the device into the working pc (device should now show up in the tool, if it doesn't you may need the qualcomm usb drivers)
4. Once your device shows up, hit start and sit tight, device will reboot upon completion.

MSMDownloadTool 9.0v2: DOWNLOAD LINK
MSMDownloadTool 9.0v1: DOWNLOAD LINK

MSMDownloadTool 9.0.13: DOWNLOAD LINK

USB Drivers can be found here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603879743
FAQ:

Q. Will this restore hw/sw mismatch?
A. If you can get into qusb mode it can.

Q. Will this relock my bootloader?
A. Yes

Q. Can I take OTA updates after using this?
A. Yes, it will return you to complete factory condition.

Q. Can this fix my soft/hard brick?
A. Yes.

Q. What OS version is this going to flash to my device?
A. Launch firmware - 9.0 V1

Q. If I relock my bootloader with this, do I need a new token?
A. No, you can use your old token to unlock again.

Q. Will this wipe my data?
A. Yes.

Q. Does my bootloader have to be locked or unlocked?
A. Works on either.

Q. Will this work when I updated to 10.0?
A. Yes, it will work regardless, but will bring you back to 9.0 v1.

Huge Thanks to:
@BIGWORM
@hartleyshc for providing info/support
@strictlyphat for the same
@mauronofrio and @OzzieSan for providing v2.
Thanks to @themustached for decryption and @Some_Random_Username for the tool, version 9.0.13

Last edited:
For those wondering about this, this will recover from pretty much any software error. It will not recover hardware failure. The Qualcomm EDL partition is part of the SoC and is not writable. If you cannot boot into it by holding all three buttons, then you have a hardware failure. Either with your buttons, or with your board.

Hooray!!

Will be using this very soon!

Thanks for this!!

Might want to add to the post what version this brings you back to. The original 9.0, or 9.0 v2. (Whatever the build date is, I think 11/6?)
Edit: looked at the zip. Looks to be the original 9.0, which is perfect.

Last edited:

lemonspeakers

Jan 11, 2009
New York
Seriously, where do people get a hold of these tools? From OnePlus? Or T-Mobile? Was it leaked internally? Genuinely asking.

Second question: What if my phone is originally a T-Mobile phone that was flashed to the 9.0.5 update to make it international. All went successful. Then a few days later I screwed up and updated via OTA (a partial OTA) and brick the device. Would I use this TMobile msm tool, or the international one?

Last edited:

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
Seriously, where do people get a hold of these tools? From OnePlus? Or T-Mobile? Was it leaked internally? Genuinely asking.

Second question: What if my phone is originally a T-Mobile phone that was flashed to the 9.0.5 update to make it international. All went successful. Then a few days later I screwed up and updated via OTA (a partial OTA) and brick the device. Would I use this TMobile msm tool, or the international one?

dont ask such questions lol. be grateful

use tmobile tool.
CONFIRMED: WORKING

Last edited:

KMHartford

Nov 7, 2016
Hartford, CT
Google Pixel 6 Pro
wow, restored tmo rom, relocked loader, installing ota now, ota did fail twice then started installing after 2nd fail

at first I was skeptical but couldn't resist, glad it works, great tool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

SmileBigNow

Jan 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Quick question, I have now 9.0 V2 installed from the OTA but my Bootloader is unlocked, yes It installs new updates when the BL is unlocked but only without any modifications to the ROM or anywhere, anyways back to my question, I wanna re-lock the BL, using this tool I'll be downgrade to 9.0 V1 and I guess it will re-lock the BL, but will I be able to update right away back to 9.0 V2? Will it probably install and the device will be like brand new out of the box? Or the tool will fail on me since I have a newer version? Or the tool will work the OTA after it will fail to install? Also this tool will definitely wipe the phone data, right?

KMHartford

Nov 7, 2016
Hartford, CT
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Quick question, I have now 9.0 V2 installed from the OTA but my Bootloader is unlocked, yes It installs new updates when the BL is unlocked but only without any modifications to the ROM or anywhere, anyways back to my question, I wanna re-lock the BL, using this tool I'll be downgrade to 9.0 V1 and I guess it will re-lock the BL, but will I be able to update right away back to 9.0 V2? Will it probably install and the device will be like brand new out of the box? Or the tool will fail on me since I have a newer version? Or the tool will work the OTA after it will fail to install? Also this tool will definitely wipe the phone data, right?

My bootloader was unlocked, with random tmo 9.0 V1 rom installed, it would fail tmo ota Everytime. I had it rooted also, i unrooted. flashed back to international 9.0.5. ran tool, tool restored 9.0 V1 and locked the bootloader. Rebooted took ota after a couple fails now on 9.0 V2.

Just seems more snapier to me with the bootloader locked with 9.0 V2 as compared to 9.0.5

Last edited:

SmileBigNow

Jan 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
My bootloader was unlocked, with tmo rom installed, it would fail tmo ota Everytime. I flashed back to international 9.0.5. ran tool, tool restored 9.0 V1 and locked the bootloader. Rebooted took ota after a couple fails now on 9.0 V2.

Just seems more snapier to me with the bootloader locked with 9.0 V2 as compared to 9.0.5
Hey, nice meeting you here now..lol this wasn't my questions! Sorry but I asked if it's possible to rub this tool if I'm already on 9.0 V2, #2 if the OTA will work after the tool is done, which you answered as a affirmative, thanks, #3 if it will wipe my device clean, #4 if this tool will make my device act as a brand new phone like out of the box.
Again I never flashed any ROMs or anything, just Bootloader unlocked and I got the OTA and it's installed now but my BL is unlocked and I wanna lock it

Shpongled01

Nov 2, 2016
Hey, nice meeting you here now..lol this wasn't my questions! Sorry but I asked if it's possible to rub this tool if I'm already on 9.0 V2, #2 if the OTA will work after the tool is done, which you answered as a affirmative, thanks, #3 if it will wipe my device clean, #4 if this tool will make my device act as a brand new phone like out of the box.
Again I never flashed any ROMs or anything, just Bootloader unlocked and I got the OTA and it's installed now but my BL is unlocked and I wanna lock it

Pretty sure it'll work just about to matter what your on, as long as it's the t mobile phone.

KMHartford

Nov 7, 2016
Hartford, CT
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Tool did it for me. Brought my op6t to clean wiped out of box experience. 9.0 v1.0 Also eventually took the ota and now on 9.0 V2.0 locked bootloader. No warnings complaining about unlocked bootloader when rebooted

Thank you Dark Nightmare

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay folks, took forever to find, but we finally have it, the T-Mobile OnePlus 6T MSMDownloadTool, your brick savior, bootloader relocker, among other things, I will include a basic faq at the end.

Requirements:

1. Windows PC
    2. OnePlus 6T - T-Mobile Version ONLY (It will fail otherwise).
    3. Zip linked below, unzip and keep all files within the same folder.

Steps to restore are as follows:

1. Open up your working folder and run MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe
    2. Power off the device, unplugged from the working pc.
    3. Holding Volume up and down together, plug the device into the working pc (device should now show up in the tool, if it doesn't you may need the qualcomm usb drivers)
    4. Once your device shows up, hit start and sit tight, device will reboot upon completion.

MSMDownloadTool 9.0v2: DOWNLOAD LINK
    MSMDownloadTool 9.0v1: DOWNLOAD LINK

MSMDownloadTool 9.0.13: DOWNLOAD LINK

USB Drivers can be found here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603879743
    FAQ:

Q. Will this restore hw/sw mismatch?
    A. If you can get into qusb mode it can.

Q. Will this relock my bootloader?
    A. Yes

Q. Can I take OTA updates after using this?
    A. Yes, it will return you to complete factory condition.

Q. Can this fix my soft/hard brick?
    A. Yes.

Q. What OS version is this going to flash to my device?
    A. Launch firmware - 9.0 V1

Q. If I relock my bootloader with this, do I need a new token?
    A. No, you can use your old token to unlock again.

Q. Will this wipe my data?
    A. Yes.

Q. Does my bootloader have to be locked or unlocked?
    A. Works on either.

Q. Will this work when I updated to 10.0?
    A. Yes, it will work regardless, but will bring you back to 9.0 v1.

Huge Thanks to:
    @BIGWORM
    @hartleyshc for providing info/support
    @strictlyphat for the same
    @mauronofrio and @OzzieSan for providing v2.
    Thanks to @themustached for decryption and @Some_Random_Username for the tool, version 9.0.13
    Will this tool allow us to wipe everything? Meaning can this phone wipe the criticals? Then all a full flash of international firmware? One of my constituents seem to think if this tool existed at all, it should allow us erase the criticals and then allow us to rewrite them with the intl criticals.. i have no knowledge of this type of program. Sorry if it sounds ignorant or what have u

No. This is simply a tool created by OnePlus that mimics functionality of Qualcomms QFIL program. Except it is all inclusive. The ops file contains the emmc/ufs flasher and an OEM signed factory rom, partition table, all that fun stuff.

This tool does NOT get rid of the security checks that are in place. The bootloader itself has contradictions from stock bootloader's plus what OP has added.

For example. The "unlock criticals" command. This simply allows the partitions to be flashed. It does not remove the security checks within those partitions. (It also doesn't actually unlock those partitions. It just says it does, but if you attempt to use fastboot flash, it will tell you that the partition can't be written to. Contradiction).

There's security checks in the partitions, there's also no way to "flash" them. It would need to be a rooted raw restore (adb shell dd). And even when you do flash it, the security checks are in place and you'll get a device mismatch.

There's also no real reason to do a full conversation, unless you simply wanted to go stock and get OTA updates and never mod your phone. The biggest thing is the modem. They're interchangeable. TMO has both SIMs enabled. Stock Global ROMs will be flashable hours within being released for global devices.

With all that being said, what exactly is this tool? This tool is nothing more than a recovery. It allows someone to go back to factory stock no matter what kind of mess up they've done to their partitions. The EDL is in the primary bootloader located in the SoC and can't be written to. As opposed to the standard bootloader that we all think of that's located in storage. So this tool makes your device totally safe to any sort of damage you do. It's called a "firehose" in Qualcomms terminology. It gives you full access to the pipe and you blast the whole thing and start fresh.
    Hate to do this, but just to show you the power of a little hex editing and msmdownloadtool. I'm also bootloader locked. I'll be out today as it's Thanksgiving. But I'll explain more later. I have aging mode kernel rooted.
    For those wondering about this, this will recover from pretty much any software error. It will not recover hardware failure. The Qualcomm EDL partition is part of the SoC and is not writable. If you cannot boot into it by holding all three buttons, then you have a hardware failure. Either with your buttons, or with your board.

Hooray!!

Will be using this very soon!

Thanks for this!!

Might want to add to the post what version this brings you back to. The original 9.0, or 9.0 v2. (Whatever the build date is, I think 11/6?)
    Edit: looked at the zip. Looks to be the original 9.0, which is perfect.

dont ask such questions lol. be grateful

use tmobile tool.
    CONFIRMED: WORKING