[TOOL][TF300T|TF700T|ME301T|N5] Transformer Toolkit v4.1.1

Search This thread

sgfrisbee

Feb 22, 2012
Tucson, AZ
ADB and fastboot drivers

that's all perfectly normal. The 3 icons is your bootloader menu and you are in fastboot mode. The dead andy is the stock recovery not finding a asus' signed update file.

I did not see you mention disabling win10's driver verification feature, so i bet you have a driver problem. Do this:
Boot the tablet into fastboot mode, open device manager in windows and then connect the usb cable and disconnect it, observe any changes in device manager, see if there is a yellow triangle next to the tablet's entry (or if it doesn't show up at all.)
then head over here and learn to flash from scratch: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688891
everything's there: How to install drivers, how to use fastboot .....
And once you have the drivers working and fastboot installed you can still use this kit to flash the recovery if you like....

thanks for the help, been on this forum for over 3 hour to learn how to do by adb cmd way. Looks like the drivers did not install correctly. :) :good:

:fingers-crossed: :confused: :( :confused: :confused: :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused::confused::mad:

Adb and fastboot drivers will not install.

installed this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269#post42407269 [tool]minimal adb and fastboot [8-28-15]. It installed. I can use adb commands but not fastboot. The cmd: fastboot devices does not return
a string of numbers and letters. Just return to the command prompt. The cmd: adb devices shows list of devices attached with serial number. This is the third one i've installed that did not work.:confused::confused::(

same thing: What do you see in device manager?
You disabled driver verification?

in device manager all i see is asus android device: Asus android composite adb interface. Yes on driver verification. Can do adb but no fastboot comands.

I got 15 seconds adb installer v1.3 to install

well, do you have the tablet in fastboot mode? You shouldn't even see the adb interface unless connected in android or recovery??

yes i have it in fastboot mode but pc does not see it.

did you reboot both machines?

yes, just uninstalled all software and rebooted again.

Going to take a little break before i throw the tablet across the room!

On my Win 10 PC all I could get is adb to work. Now with my laptop back in working order I try to install adb/fastboot on Win 7 . It would not install at all. All software on guide would not install.

sgfrisbee

Feb 22, 2012
Tucson, AZ
OMG, It worked! adb/fastboot installed

On my Win 10 PC all I could get is adb to work. Now with my laptop back in working order I try to install adb/fastboot on Win 7 . It would not install at all. All software on guide would not install.

WOW it installed on my Win 7 64Bit laptop. I did not do anything different between the two machines other than I disconnected the keyboard from TF700.
Could that have been my problem?

:) :) :D :D :victory: :victory: :highfive: :good:

I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of an old ME301T.

The tool connects and install the APK fine, but when I try to use it, it says network error :
Screenshot.png

Is it still possible to unlock this model ?

Or should it go straight to the trash ?

Reactions: yongyek
I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of an old ME301T.

The tool connects and install the APK fine, but when I try to use it, it says network error :
View attachment 5252123

Is it still possible to unlock this model ?

Or should it go straight to the trash ?
I have the same problem. I found some topic for the TF300T but the edited unlock_v7.apk does not work unfortunately, it says unsupported device.
I also tried the TF701 which should work for the ME301T but it says network error.

Last edited:
Reactions: yongyek

yongyek

Jan 3, 2024
Jambi
I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of an old ME301T. Im trying all app unlock v6,v7,v8 not work, with mitmproxy py,it says network error. Any one Please hep me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to share this tool for our community.
    Hopefully this tool will help beginners to unlock their devices and flash a recovery as easily as possible.
    I know its when you are new to all this stuff like adb or fastboot and you don´t know how to use cmd.

But this tool is also very useful for all advanced users out there if you want to flash a recovery without losing time tipping the commands in cmd.

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by this tool. No warranties of any kind are given.
    You should know what happens when you are unlocking. Warranty will be void ...

Transformer Toolkit
    transformer_toolkit_screenshot.png

Features
    • Install the ADB drivers for you tablet
    • Flash the TWRP recovery
    • Flash you own recovery.img or recovery.blob
    • Install the unlock tool from Asus
    • Reboot your device (fastboot and adb)
    • Save a screenshot on your PC
    • Save the logcat on your PC

Downloads
    Transformer Toolkit v4.1.1 (2.68 MB)

Installation
    Just download and execute the "Transformer Toolkit.exe"
    Maybe you need to download the .NET Framework 4.6.1

Changelog and Source Code
    Changelog and source code can be found here
    I have some important points for your TODO list:

* Add error checking and error handling! (and *test* all error situations). Never assume when you build a tool for beginners that they have the correct USB drivers installed, or that they read and follow your instructions. Currently you even clear any error messages immediately, so users will never find out if something goes wrong and why.

* Indicate which versions of TWRP and CWM you have bundled with your tool.

If you address these issues, this could evolve to a nice tool to give to a newbie (even if I personally think that users who don't even want to learn the basics of a CLI should not try to install custom ROMs)
    New bugfix release

The startup bug should be fixed in the new version 3.1.1 :good:
    Please download the newest version from the OP.
    Are you saying that if I copy those two files to a safe location on my PC, and later on reinstall an official Asus version of Android, and then copy those two files back from my PC, that I would have an original locked version of Asus Android? If that is not the case, then what is the purpose of copying these two files off to another location?

No, I didn't say that you can re-lock. You can save your DRM key before you unlock and then restore it - this might preserve access to some DRM-protected services. I don't care, but someone posted that it works. The configuration partition stores your unique serial number and MAC address, so it's a good idea to make a backup even if it's very unlikely that you'd need it.

Do you do any developing?

Occasionally.

The two raw partitions? Are you talking about mmcblk0p5 and 0p6?

Yes.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, once unlocked and rooted, what partition or folder does the TWRP. blob reside in?

The blob is a package of one or more partition images. In case of TWRP, it's only one partition named "SOS". First the blob is copied to the staging partition (mmcblk0p4), then you reboot. The bootloader detects the blob, shows a blue progress bar with slightly broken graphics, and flashes the contents to the target partitions.

The boot and recovery partitions are usually not visible at all from inside Android - there are a lot more partitions on the device than those listed in the partition table the kernel uses. The recovery kernel contains a special hack to create "fake" partition devices for them.
    New version 3.0.0 is up

Hi guys,
    I have worked quite along time on bringing this update to you :highfive:
    Now there are a lot of changes:
    * Add auto update from web
    * Add support for the Nexus 5
    * Download recoveries from web
    * Choose your own recovery
    * ADB and fastboot reboot buttons
    * Only one EXE file of 3 MB
    * Choose the device you want to flash
    * Show ROM development on XDA