• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL] [TISSOT] Persist Resurrector (v1.0.0.0)

Search This thread

tatosamp

Oct 10, 2008
Jakarta
Tried this utility on My rooted Pie release stable 10.0.3, it wont update the wifi to factory the Bluetooth mac is fine and detected by this utility, I dont know why but my wifi Mac Address change to h/w Mac address after update to Pie OTA, and the wifi is very slow after the update. any body experiencing the same issue after Pie update

heinz9

Jan 6, 2019
Wifi is fine but simcards and network undetected.

Ive tried this tool, but it seems not fixing my simcard and network issues after flashing to april stock image. Is there anyone else facing same issues with me? Everything works fine after i flash to april stock rom, but the simcard is not detected, then i found the problem which is imei 0, then i manage to restore my imei, yet it still say no service on both sim cards, and then slot 2 sim card seems work after I put to 3g only 1st untill i got internet connection then change it to 4g, seems good with just 1 card, but then when i try to make phone call connected to dialed number but theres no sound at all, no dial sound and when the number i dialled pick up the call, theres no sound in and out. On the information *#*#4636#*#* it say network connected, but on voice network type it say unknown, i believe that was the problem because on my friend's mi a1 the voice network type said LTE. Any help mate? Cause ive tried any guide but not any of it work. Thanks.

Jt380p

Apr 1, 2018
New South Wales
It didnt fix my problem :(

Edit : it did fix it. My first boot the wifi still says it was disabled, but once connected, i got my wifi speed back (50mbps). Thanks for the tool mate! :good:

Edit 2 : It wont connect again, tried the tool again, Still cant connect :(

Last edited:

magostinelli

Mar 2, 2012
Prato
Hello, I have a similar problem with my Mi 9 se, do you think I can use it on my device?

I have an invalid mac address on wifi: 02:00:00:00:00:00.

Thanks.

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 4 PLUS utilizzando Tapatalk

eduardo85

Nov 16, 2019
Persist Resurrector

Code:
#include<disclaimer.h>
void main()
{
clrscr();
printf("If you are reading this, your warranty is already void.");
printf("/nYou can't blame me for that. It is your own doing");
printf("/nFor using this software, you need to agree following things");
/* */
/*I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,*/
/* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please*/
/* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this software*/
/* before using it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if*/
/* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/
/* */
getch();
}

Hello everyone!

It has been observed that few custom ROMs of Mi A1 change persist partition. This has no observable (yet) effects when using those ROMs. However after flashing stock ROM back, connecting to Wi-Fi becomes impossible. This happens because the ROM changes your Wi-Fi MAC address. The custom ROMs causing this bug do not depend on Vendor MAC, so Wi-Fi works fine with them.

Reconstructing original vendor MAC address is possible, but ONLY if you have persist partition which belongs to YOUR PHONE. This means you HAVE NOT flashed any of the several persist.img files floating around xda.

If you have flashed someone else's persist image -
  • You CANNOT use this tool since you have destroyed the last chance to repair original Wi-Fi MAC.
  • You have lost your original Bluetooth MAC and replaced with someone else's.
  • You have lost calibration data of various sensors (Unconfirmed, but usually sensor calibration data is stored in /persist)
  • If you connect to the same Wi-Fi with someone else who is using same persist.img or has same MAC address by coincidance. Same for BT.
  • Wi-Fi where that MAC is banned won't let you join or if you added MAC filter to your own Wi-Fi it won't recognise your phone anymore.
  • It is illegal.

This is when this tool comes into picture. A guide is posted in guides section of Mi A1 forum by SevenSlevin. But it involves completely deleting the contents of the file which stores the MAC address. This deletes the faulty MAC addresses causing problems, but does not give you original Vendor MAC address (from Xiaomi) back. I personally didn't like losing the original MAC address which came from factory. I am sure there would be many of you thinking along the similar lines.

So what this tool does is it reconstructs your Wi-Fi MAC addresses using dark hex magic :p (pun intended) and pushes it back to your device, puts it in appropriate position if you want and voila!

FAQ (Recommended to read)

• Add a MAC randomizer for people who already have destroyed their persist.
    => This looks like on the borderline of legality and illegality. I can add this feature in the next release if this is legal. (Please reply in this thread)
  • Is this tool safe?
    => I have tested it on 3 different Mi A1s and I haven't found any problem yet.
  • Will this work if I have xyz ROM?
    => I always use and prefer stock Oreo ROM when testing. So you have to find the answer yourself.
    But it is best to be on stock ROM because it is the ROM which has the problem you are here to get fixed.
  • I have got a warning with an error code or FAILSAFE kicked in.
    => Send the error code here.
  • What is FAILSAFE?
    => Failsafe is a series of measures to avoid potential problems or damage done made by me for another personal project. Only a very small part is implemented here and this is made 60% failsafe which means there are *some* loopholes left due to time constraints and unnecessary redundancy, but you won't find them unless you are doing terminal stupidity.
    This is the main reason why I am not releasing the source code. It is still in its infancy and it will be long before it will be mature.
    Stick to the instructions and FAILSAFE won't kick in.
  • This software is NOT working at all.
    => Post here along with the steps you followed.
  • Awesome! YOU FIXED MY PHONE!
    => I am glad to hear read this. :highfive:

Requirements -
  • Mi A1 (stock ROM recommended)
  • Root access
  • ADB Drivers installed
  • Microsoft DOT NET Framework (Tested on v4+, but v3.5+ should work)
  • Your firstborn
    evil.gif
    darth.gif
    (JK JK)

Downloads -
Attached to the bottom of this post.
Current version - 1.0.0.0
Date - 22/04/2018

Changelog -

Instructions -
  1. Download and extract the zip to any directory. (Avoid Program Files or at the root of Windows Installation Drive, UAC becomes a problem)
  2. Run the Persist Resurrector.exe
  3. Connect the phone via USB cable and unlock screen.
  4. Press the buttons in the sequence as labeled on screen.
  5. Give confirmations to ADB and Root as necessary.
  6. Profit!

como lo descargo??

antonio96ct

Jul 19, 2016
Resolved?

Ive tried this tool, but it seems not fixing my simcard and network issues after flashing to april stock image. Is there anyone else facing same issues with me? Everything works fine after i flash to april stock rom, but the simcard is not detected, then i found the problem which is imei 0, then i manage to restore my imei, yet it still say no service on both sim cards, and then slot 2 sim card seems work after I put to 3g only 1st untill i got internet connection then change it to 4g, seems good with just 1 card, but then when i try to make phone call connected to dialed number but theres no sound at all, no dial sound and when the number i dialled pick up the call, theres no sound in and out. On the information *#*#4636#*#* it say network connected, but on voice network type it say unknown, i believe that was the problem because on my friend's mi a1 the voice network type said LTE. Any help mate? Cause ive tried any guide but not any of it work. Thanks.

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve?

habibi09

Apr 3, 2015
Persist Resurrector

Code:
#include<disclaimer.h>
void main()
{
clrscr();
/* */
/* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please*/
/* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this software*/
/* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/
/* */
getch();
}

Hello everyone!

It has been observed that few custom ROMs of Mi A1 change persist partition. This has no observable (yet) effects when using those ROMs. However after flashing stock ROM back, connecting to Wi-Fi becomes impossible. This happens because the ROM changes your Wi-Fi MAC address. The custom ROMs causing this bug do not depend on Vendor MAC, so Wi-Fi works fine with them.

Reconstructing original vendor MAC address is possible, but ONLY if you have persist partition which belongs to YOUR PHONE. This means you HAVE NOT flashed any of the several persist.img files floating around xda.

• You CANNOT use this tool since you have destroyed the last chance to repair original Wi-Fi MAC.
  • You have lost calibration data of various sensors (Unconfirmed, but usually sensor calibration data is stored in /persist)
  • If you connect to the same Wi-Fi with someone else who is using same persist.img or has same MAC address by coincidance. Same for BT.
  • Wi-Fi where that MAC is banned won't let you join or if you added MAC filter to your own Wi-Fi it won't recognise your phone anymore.
  • It is illegal.

This is when this tool comes into picture. A guide is posted in guides section of Mi A1 forum by SevenSlevin. But it involves completely deleting the contents of the file which stores the MAC address. This deletes the faulty MAC addresses causing problems, but does not give you original Vendor MAC address (from Xiaomi) back. I personally didn't like losing the original MAC address which came from factory. I am sure there would be many of you thinking along the similar lines.

So what this tool does is it reconstructs your Wi-Fi MAC addresses using dark hex magic :p (pun intended) and pushes it back to your device, puts it in appropriate position if you want and voila!

=> This looks like on the borderline of legality and illegality. I can add this feature in the next release if this is legal. (Please reply in this thread)
  • Is this tool safe?
    => I always use and prefer stock Oreo ROM when testing. So you have to find the answer yourself.
    But it is best to be on stock ROM because it is the ROM which has the problem you are here to get fixed.
  • What is FAILSAFE?
    => Failsafe is a series of measures to avoid potential problems or damage done made by me for another personal project. Only a very small part is implemented here and this is made 60% failsafe which means there are *some* loopholes left due to time constraints and unnecessary redundancy, but you won't find them unless you are doing terminal stupidity.
    This is the main reason why I am not releasing the source code. It is still in its infancy and it will be long before it will be mature.

Requirements -
  • Root access
  • ADB Drivers installed
  • Your firstborn
    evil.gif
    darth.gif
    (JK JK)

Downloads -
Date - 22/04/2018

Changelog -

Instructions -

1. Download and extract the zip to any directory. (Avoid Program Files or at the root of Windows Installation Drive, UAC becomes a problem)

Persist Resurrector

Code:
#include<disclaimer.h>
void main()
{
clrscr();
/* */
/* */
getch();
}

Hello everyone!

• It is illegal.

• Is this tool safe?
  • What is FAILSAFE?

Requirements -
  • Root access
  • ADB Drivers installed
  • Your firstborn
    evil.gif
    darth.gif
    (JK JK)

Downloads -
Date - 22/04/2018

Changelog -

Instructions -

6. Profit!
i cant find attachment download.. i need this file bro.. tks

Pratik bendre

Dec 29, 2015
Persist Resurrector

Code:
#include<disclaimer.h>
void main()
{
clrscr();
/* */
/* */
getch();
}

Hello everyone!

• It is illegal.

• Is this tool safe?
  • What is FAILSAFE?

Requirements -
  • Root access
  • ADB Drivers installed
  • Your firstborn
    evil.gif
    darth.gif
    (JK JK)

Downloads -
Date - 22/04/2018

Changelog -

Instructions -

6. Profit!
how to download this file

ecerone

Oct 13, 2021
Persist Resurrector

Code:
#include<disclaimer.h>
void main()
{
clrscr();
/* */
/* */
getch();
}

Hello everyone!

• It is illegal.

• Is this tool safe?
  • What is FAILSAFE?

Requirements -
  • Root access
  • ADB Drivers installed
  • Your firstborn
    evil.gif
    darth.gif
    (JK JK)

Downloads -
Date - 22/04/2018

Changelog -

Instructions -

6. Profit!

hi, i can't find the link

ecerone

Oct 13, 2021
Persist Resurrector

Code:
#include<disclaimer.h>
void main()
{
clrscr();
/* */
/* */
getch();
}

Hello everyone!

• It is illegal.

• Is this tool safe?
  • What is FAILSAFE?

Requirements -
  • Root access
  • ADB Drivers installed
  • Your firstborn
    evil.gif
    darth.gif
    (JK JK)

Downloads -
Date - 22/04/2018

Changelog -

Instructions -

6. Profit!
link???

Volume069

Mar 18, 2018
So many people have downloaded the tool and tested it successfully. Doesn't someone else have that on their computer? I have already tried it with a PM to hnkotnis, but unfortunately received no answer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Persist Resurrector

Code:
    #include<disclaimer.h>
    void main()
    {
    clrscr();
    /* */
    /* */
    getch();
    }

Hello everyone!

• It is illegal.
      Yeah that's actually illegal here in Australia too, and they DO crack down on it in many countries (cloned MAC's are a target for anti-terror units, and ISP's *can* see your device MAC's :eek: so that thread really should be taken down)

• Is this tool safe?
    • What is FAILSAFE?

Requirements -
    • Root access
    • ADB Drivers installed
    • Your firstborn
      evil.gif
      darth.gif
      (JK JK)

Downloads -
    Date - 22/04/2018
    File: Persist Resurrector v1.0.zip
    MD5: 82fd5a6dfc28d2388649db4ae72c4538
    SHA-512: a9eb3124315cf0cfe0875f1aae61127a4f71441fd294d63e46efa9fe198971e05a54aa2f15e70ebebfa356ae4b660356b24c424cd2008cefb56fed5fe740b81b

Individual file checksums are included in the zip.

No viruses included.
    VirusTotal Scan
    Only 1 (Dr Web) gives a False Positive.

Changelog -
    v0.5, 20th April, 2018
    • Initial Release
    • Calculations working as intended
    • Manual file replacement
    v0.7.5, 21th April, 2018
    • Automated file replacement
    • Changed code to be more effective and cleaned it up
    v1.0, 22th April, 2018
    • xda release
    • FAILSAFE implemented

Instructions -
    6. Profit!

Developer of this tool, hnkotnis, has no responsiblity if your phone, memory card or you are bricked, bootlooped or damaged in any other way.
    You are using this tool on your own and you take whole responsibility of any damage caused.

Feel free to POST this to your website or blog BUT DO NOT MIRROR DOWNLOAD LINKS. SHARE LINK TO THIS PAGE.
    So that I can get the exact download count.
    YOU CANNOT MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE (Free or paid), CHANGE or REVERSE ENGINEER THIS SOFTWARE.
    Sorry for the long post, I am really confused and this Tread is clean and is all about the one and only issue. That's why I wanted to write my problem here in the first place. After replying and helping to better understand the problem and possible fixes if really needed you are free to delete this post whenever you want.

Thank you in advance
    Sincerely Gökay
    Wow a long post lol, here for your question:

1. Old custom rom prefer hardware MAC (not vendor MAC), so they do something that mess up the vendor MAC on persist partition. Stay on custom is absolutely fine, they will not destroy your device.

2. If you're using an old build (before April 20 i guess), then its sure your vendor MAC has gone, if you're using new build, then its still intact since devs aware of this problem and fixed it.
    If you want to be sure, flash stock and use this tool, it will recover your vendor wifi MAC, as long as you didnt flash any persist around here.

3. The vendor MAC is use by stock rom only, custom rom use hardware MAC, so you cant use this tool on custom rom and it'll do nothing on custom rom.

The above is all my search, ask and read since i know this problem.
    I tested this tool myself, and i recommend that you go back to stock, check if your vendor MAC is ok, if its still intact, use someway to back up persist partition. If it destroyed, use this tool, then back up persist partition.

Long answer for long post, i'm out. :highfive:
    Hello there!
    Iv been reading alot of comments here about this wifi issue.
    I have one, so this is my story:
    I bought Mi A1 (32gb) like 2-3 months ago. It comed in Nougat version of android. I got oreo update and updated it to oreo. It was so good update, in fact i liked it. Then, i used oreo until April security patch. I decided to flash Resurection Remix because it has so many features. Flashed RR rom, and i enjoy it. Ive decided to flash stock rom in case just to see how it looks to flash stock rom when coming back from custom rom. I downloaded stock rom from official miui site and flashed it (clean all and lock in mi flash tool). After device booted up, i saw wifi is not working, i started to be feared that rom i flashed was wrong. I back to RR and currently i am using latest build (26/04).
    So is there a chance that this program in OP you posted work for me? Or i did broked persist partition, is this program going to recover my ORIGINAL MAC? I dont really remember my MAC, now on RR my MAC starts with 00:0a:f5:xx:xx:xx (X is replace for numbders and letters, dont want to post here entire mac for security reassons.
    Long reply i know, sorry but i am fearing litle bit for my phone, because it is new :/
    Thanks for future reply, hope you all have good day!

This is the problem this program was made to fix. I will recommend flashing stock ROM, then root it and use this tool.

When you use this tool and click "start repair button, the BT MAC textbox shows your Bluetooth MAC. If it is XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY (I recommend writing this down somewhere safe), confirm the XX part is different than the one you posted. Then proceed to send files to device. Original MACs will be restored.

Sent from my epic G900F (CM11, [emoji173]️ Holo) Gadget of Mass Destruction using Tapatalk.
    Thanks for this tool , in future will be a Linux version too ??
    Can someone mention which custom ROM possibly change persist partition?

All of them do AFAIK. Maybe only all 8.1 firmware.