[TOOL] - Topway TS10 firmware workbench

Search This thread

no1iulyk

Mar 29, 2007
In fact you don't need to run as root if your user can read the sourcedir and write in the targetdir (config.ini)
tested: (set rw user permissions recursive to cwd)
Step 4 of 4 - Mounting ready raw firmware into '_mountpoint/' folder
mount: only root can use "--options" option

mountpoint is empty now. adding sudo before mount command fixes this but needs root for every change there

ubuntu 20.04.3 lts x64

Pauloverissimo76

Nov 1, 2021
Boa tarde.
Tenho o TS7, nao consigo entrar no modo programador porque nao tenho o código de desbloqueio. Alguem me pode ajudar?
Obrigado

dro1dy

Jun 2, 2011
News

This will allow you to have root privileges in original firmware, but read VERY CAREFULLY as this method int NOT SAFE at all
At least for me it do the trick as I expected

What makes this technique unsafe? Is it not possible to install a superuser apk like back in the old days of cyanogen mod?

localos

Mar 25, 2021
OPPO Reno Z

Attachments

• TS7.png
    TS7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 178

dro1dy

Jun 2, 2011
No, because the su binary works as a daemon allowing all process tu have root privileges, the superuser.apk will not ask to allow/deny, as everything is by default allowed !

Thanks! I understand running as a daemon but assumed that the `su` binary had some built in ALLOW/DENY? logic (like /etc/sudoers) but apparently this is not the case on android. :(

I have much more to read, but i was able to find some documentation about how superuser.apk worked:

It looks like magisk has taken over, but it works quite a bit differently internally. this post is a few years old and might not be accurate anymore but is still probably a good foundation:

I have seen @mariodantas try to get magisk installed on the TS10 units but no success.

iceze

Apr 18, 2006
Absolute beginner to this so some basic questions!

Where can I get the firmware for my unit? Ask the seller? Or can I extract from the HU (head unit)?

I have 360 cameras and PA(park assist) is this all stored on the firmware? There will be no issues after update?

Best way to backup existing apks? Do I need to do this? If not will I lose license keys like the post above?

I heard of issues with a bootloop as the units have different size/resolution screens and you need to configure this. With my own firmware, do I need to do this?

Do I need to do all the steps in your ordinal post or do I only need to get the firmware and do the 8th option if I mainly wanted root?

Safest method for updating? Do I need to backup ROM?

Any chance for a video or step by step guide? Lol

Reactions: Sarsbucket

Ettorino86

Mar 14, 2022
Ciao a tutti chi mi può aiutare sto cercando il flat flex lcd per questo sterro Android ma non so più come fare e dove cercare, i negozi nessuno li ha... Qualcuno che mi può aiutare?
IMG_20220216_145303.jpg

Attachments

• ae_1645785360104.jpg
    ae_1645785360104.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 35

Argus25

Apr 2, 2022
Hello! I have a problem with a topway st20 device. When installing the logo and kanbas, the ignition turned off and now I have a black screen all the time.
I try to flash it but nothing works. When power was connected, the optical output port used to glow, but now it is not lit. What should I do please advise. There is very little information on the firmware from the black screen mode.
Sorry if it's not clear, I'm using a translator. Thanks.

Sarsbucket

May 18, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Got a question for you concerning SU privileges. I recently found a rooted firmware (TS10.1.2_20220507.095321_THEME1) with SU privileges. Was this done using the same kind of script as yours? How dangerous is having SU privileges exactly? I understand that it will allow any app to have any permissions it wants? Is this dangerous only if the app is malicious? I want to better understand what I have before flashing it to my unit. Im currently using the same firmware version as this rooted one.

The share to these firmwares is here.
Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sarsbucket

May 18, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Really I ingnore the method this guy uses to root his firmwares, but in my case the /bin/sh belongs to root and the su minary is ALWAYS loaded so everyone is root in the firmware (very dangerous but it did the trick for me)
So how safe is this firmware to install? What kind of risk is there? What are the potential problems I could run into? Sorry if im asking the same questions, im just trying to ascertain the level of threat in using this firmware.

As of right now the only advantage I have to using a rooted firmware is changing the boot animation. As I learn, I'll most likely have more uses for a rooted system, so I'm just trying to gauge whether or not I even should yet. Thanks for your time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi fellows

I'm a kind of newbie in the Android world, but I created a set of shell scripts to work with Topway TS10 Firmware:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TS10-Firmware-Workbench​

Scripts intended to mount the Topway TS10 Firmware, make modifications and reassemble the firmware They can retrieve the firmware from specified location and after modification, they can put the firmware into another specified location

Files:

1-) config.ini = A file to setup parameters, paths for the original firmware and patched firmware, temp directory to work with firmware files and mount point to edit the firmware

2-) import_original.sh = Retrieves the files .0 .1 .2 and .3 from the location specified in config.ini

3-) import_patched.sh = Retrieves the same files that 'import_original.sh' but from the patched location specified in the config.ini (normally a firmware that you've already patched before)

4-) unpack.sh = Unpack the imported firmware and create the mount moint (as specified in the config.ini file) to work with the firmware

5-) repack.sh = Unmount the modified firmware from the mount point, delete the mount point, split the firmware in files .0 .1 .2 and .3 and move it to the patched directory as specified in config.ini

6-) inject_tweaks.sh = Modify locale, dataroaming and remove (if necessary) the values in ro.fota.device to avoid message "UI unauthorized, please contact the supplier"

7-) inject_mods.sh = This will copy all the contents of the '_mods' folder inside firmware. I.E. I put a 'gps_debug.cfg' inside 'system/etc/' and it will be injected into firmware overwritting the existent

:cool: inject_su.sh = This will inject su binary into firmware as a daemon, this is dangerous as the firmware is permanently rooted and the apps don't ask for permissions (they already have the root access) USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

9-) clean_local.sh = This script will unmount the firmware and delete it, it will also delete temporary files. as its name says, it cleans the dir !

External (included) tools:

tools/twt (Topwaytool) forked from https://github.com/mkotyk/topwaytool

_mods folder containing a sample file 'gps_debug.cfg'

N'joy it !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Run as root

only a53***** files needed !
    Yes, that's right, I forgot about mount command, so you have to run it as root anyway
    Absolute beginner to this so some basic questions!

Where can I get the firmware for my unit? Ask the seller? Or can I extract from the HU (head unit)?

I have 360 cameras and PA(park assist) is this all stored on the firmware? There will be no issues after update?

Best way to backup existing apks? Do I need to do this? If not will I lose license keys like the post above?

I heard of issues with a bootloop as the units have different size/resolution screens and you need to configure this. With my own firmware, do I need to do this?

Do I need to do all the steps in your ordinal post or do I only need to get the firmware and do the 8th option if I mainly wanted root?

Safest method for updating? Do I need to backup ROM?

Any chance for a video or step by step guide? Lol
    Chisene firmware could try to send personal data to their servers, you must snife the wifi/4G connections for potential data flow to china serversdd and what's in the packets !
    Ahhh, I see. So its a personal data privacy issue. Ok. If that is all, I can work with that. I don't plan on doing anything on my head unit involving sensitive information. The only thing that could potentially be at risk, for me anyway, is a gmail account, but I could always use an alternate account that is JUST for the head unit. The chinese can see where I go, and even listen to my music for all I care. I don't use Android Auto or CarPlay either.

So, given the stated privacy risk, as long as I keep everything sensitive I do to my phone and PC only, and use a separate google account for just the head unit I could potentially mitigate the risk? Its really just used as a multimedia device with GPS, if I limit it to that activity I don't see a high level of risk. If im wrong, please clue me in. My phone does mostly everthing else better anyway and is on me when driving.