[TOOL] TWRP Backup & Restore Tool For PC (Windows/Mac/Linux)

Search This thread

rkaug27

Apr 9, 2013
Chennai
TWRP Backup & Restore Tool For PC

I've done a full backup but i can't find it on my PC?
The guide say "Now it will start creating a backup file on your phone. You can check the progress on your phone. The backup file will be created in the same folder where you have the TWRP Backup Tool."
I don't have this tool on my phone because its for PC.

//EDIT: Found it. But the file is just 41 bytes. Is that normal for a full system backup?

Hi
you just copy the TWRP Tool in your pc partition (not in windows partition c:\), and also copy the TWRP Backup tool.cmd in same folder.
Hit TWRP Bacup tool.cmd when TWRP recovery mode. Then follow the steps of mr. dexbyte
Wait till the process to fully complete.
Then Check your pc..

Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIOSIS

AlanDias17

Jul 17, 2018
Do we have to backup system partition as well? What if we just take a backup of data & later restore it along with the fresh stock ROM image (same version)? Will that work? Was thinking to skip System partition backup thus saving space & any boot conflicts.

Tigormasterx

Dec 8, 2017
wtf

Fu ck this **** man 30 minutos to do full backup when it takes 5 minutos in phone, and now the backup doesn't exist in any place, fu ck , where is my backup ? where is the folder with gb who waste 30 minutes please don't use that ****,

aqsede

Mar 16, 2013
MACHANG
Hi, i have a backup of old pphone,. now i wanna restore data only on new phone. Can someone expplain how because i cannot find it anywhere. If using TiBu possible, it would also be great!

Der-Knuffi

Jul 23, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A71
Fu ck this **** man 30 minutos to do full backup when it takes 5 minutos in phone, and now the backup doesn't exist in any place, fu ck , where is my backup ? where is the folder with gb who waste 30 minutes please don't use that ****,
Translation: Sorry, I'm too dumb to use this tool or to ask a decent question. Please ignore me.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

jeffshead

Aug 3, 2014
Can't get ADB backup to work on Pixel XL with TWRP 3.2.3-1. Device not found even though I can access the phone's storage on the PC when booted to TWRP. Also, asks me to unlock device even though it is already unlocked. Other ADB commands work just fine.

xdafundorin

Jun 15, 2009
Need help. Made complete backup yesterday from Oreo. Created 11 Gb on my PC.
Wiped the device and installed Pie. Didn't like it.
Wiped the device. Restored from the tool. After completing restore, device rebooted to fastboot.
Wiped again, installed Oreo. Restored backup. TWRP says "/system restore completed [180 seconds]".
Rebooted. Loads Android welcome screen. No errors, but the backup isn't restoring properly.
What is my next move to successfully restore that backup.
BTW, I've tried restoring that backup yesterday, right after creating it and, since the device loaded properly, I've assumed that that was the result of the successful restore and not because of nothing actually happened.

UPD. I've opened TWRP log after another restore and found out that it says that md5 checksum doesn't match. Is there a way to extract as much information as possible from that backup of fix it's md5?

UPD2. My TWRP version is 3.2.1-5. I've found this at TeamWin github:
bigbiff commented Aug 23, 2018
Adb backup issues have been fixed in 3.2.3. Unfortunately older backups are not restorable.

"Glad" to hear this BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: LickTheLizard

ITGrouch

Dec 27, 2012
Near Music City USA
This just uses adb to make a backup that has been around since the beginning of Android. It just uses TWRP as a backend. I have never had any success with a adb backup and restore.

mehtakaran9

Jun 25, 2019
All the files created for backing up on mac are 41 bytes or less. Please update the correct script for backing up data on MacOS

IVXX

May 12, 2011
Mile High
Right. But what if there is no phone space for a backup (as in my case, I have Droid Turbo with no external cards support)? This tool is a direct salvation for this))
Been forever since I read this thread but if I'm not mistaken this tool is to bypass a backup on phone and straight to pc, this can be done through adb by itself also, just change the save directory to your PC instead of phone.

beamand27

May 27, 2022
Отличный проект! Оно еще живо?
МЕРТВАЯ ССЫЛКА на вашем сайте. Основная ссылка. Zippyshare до сих пор работает. Последняя загрузка = 24 января.
Что посоветуете вместо этого сейчас? Спрашиваю только из-за отсутствия обновлений.
Ваше здоровье!:D
👆

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP Backup & Restore Tool
    107j9zc.png

Description:
    This tool gives you an ability to make a backup of your phone to your PC using the latest TWRP 3.1.0 Recovery. This is a simple handy tool if you want to make a backup of your phone to your PC and you don't want to deal with ADB commands.

Features:
    1. Complete Backup
    2. Partition specific backup (system, boot etc.)
    3. Backup option from phone's GUI
    4. Full restore
    5. Boot into recovery
    6. System reboot

NOTE:
    1. Only works with TWRP v3.1.0+
    2. I can't provide support for issues related to TWRP. This is just a simple tool to save you some typing, most of the work is done by TWRP itself.
    3. TWRP 3.1.0 still has some bugs and it may fail to do backup/restore on some devices

Download & Instructions
    For Windows:
    TWRP Backup Tool v1.1
    Mirror
    For Mac:
    TWRP Backup Tool For Mac
    For Linux:
    TWRP Backup Tool For Linux

How to use the tool for Mac & Linux?
    1. Extract the folder in the zip on your desktop.
    2. Open up the terminal. Type "cd " (with space).
    3. Drag and drop the folder to the terminal. Press Enter.
    4. Now Drap and drop the TWRP Backup Tool file to the terminal. Press Enter.
    xUA7aV6MJUlDi0ZyCI.gif

Please do not copy the download links outside this forum. You can link to my website's download page or to this thread. :)

FAQ:
    1. AdbWinApi.dll not found
    You need to install ADB drivers on your computer.
    2."Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation..."
    This message is generated by TWRP and not by my tool. I am guessing it means check your phone for the backup process.
    3. Virus Total Result: HERE!

Thanks to:
    1. TWRP: For providing backup over adb to PC.
    2. aaron74: For providing automatic backup file name for Mac/Linux script.

Bugs:
    Let me know if you find any bugs.

Please Hit The THANKS Button! :):good:
    I am sorry to say this but I feel this feature has only been added to TWRP just to monetize it coz this feature is not completely developed and full of bugs. It caused me a huge loss one time coz i relied on the backup which doesn't work and you still say it is in development. It's not that you shouldn't monetize your project but at least do the extra effort that's needed!! I would like hear what you have to say about this.
    What do you mean monetise it? He didn't ask for any money anywhere as far as I know..
    I have updated the link :)
    Not for arm64, it's for arm only and you'll have to share the post before viewing download links....fake!!!!!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI+VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Right. I'm not going to try it until I hear an explanation.

That VirusTotal scan is scary:

https://virustotal.com/en/file/b456...457597149d0455abe73ae324900e955e64f/analysis/

No need! I have updated that tool, no more false positive. :):good: Some antivirus suspect such programs to be a virus maybe because of similar execution patterns or maybe the way it was compiled I guess.