• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL] [UPDATE 04/09/2015] Flashtool version 0.9.19.10 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Search This thread

ch3mn3y

Sep 11, 2011
Seaside Voivodeships
www.xperiasite.pl
A1. Yes and no. When flashing whole memory is used and any memory has a number of possible uses. However one time is a promile of the whole, so no. I flashed many devices and all mine (so ones I have with me) are working fine
A2. No. Memory chip on Your device may stop working tomorrow or in 10 years.

Reactions: ehsas1

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
The PKG files from XperiFirm are just the OTA updates the Software Updater app in the phone downloads to update from a previous build to a newer build. Since they're just a delta (e.g. contain only what changed between the previous firmware and the new firmware), I think it's impossible to flash them through flash mode, so FlashTool can't add support for them.

Jolly.B

Mar 31, 2018
Can you please add model G3416 Xperia XA1 Plus dual in device list in future updates of flashtool.
I can't seem to find it, thereby finding it difficult to flash firmware for my device.:(

LowKrida

Apr 16, 2008
Hello, I see the thread is alive so hopefully can help me out~
I have an x10a used to be locked to rogers, i was able to unlock it. but its running 1.6
I want to be able to upgrade it to the highest possible version of Android for this phone,
All the links and info everywhere are old or outdated, if someone can point me to the right direction
where to get a good ROM or FILE and the best way to flash it, I would be very thankful.

CHeers

iXaidyiu

Recognized Contributor
Aug 18, 2015
In My Drunk Mess
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Z2
Hello, I see the thread is alive so hopefully can help me out~
I have an x10a used to be locked to rogers, i was able to unlock it. but its running 1.6
I want to be able to upgrade it to the highest possible version of Android for this phone,
All the links and info everywhere are old or outdated, if someone can point me to the right direction
where to get a good ROM or FILE and the best way to flash it, I would be very thankful.

CHeers
After referring to the xda sub-forum for your device, you can get up to 4.2.X support while officially 2.3.X. Please go to your device's sub-forum to have a more throughout look. Good luck!

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

hungvip2001

Jul 12, 2016
Hoa Binh
Hello, guys.
I use xperfirm build-in flashtool to download firmware, after download and unpack successfully, it ask me to add tf... to something I don't understand, so i choose no then it begin to create ftf file. Is this normal?
I just need to flash a created 2.5gb ftf and done?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TOOL] [UPDATE 21/12/2016] Flashtool version 0.9.23.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Hi,

I will take the lead on releases of this tool as Bin4ry will have less time to work on it.

For all flashtool informations (download links, changelog, screenshot gallery, FAQ, Firmwares repository) go to the Flashtool Homepage

Flashtool sources are on github : Androxyde repositories

WARNING : Since Xperia Z, sony added a new set of files I called bootbundle. Those files can be bundled from 0.9.13 and can be flashed from 0.9.13 only. To all those flashing devices from Z edition to all after Z, it is highly advised to use 0.9.13 and to be sure FTF you flash contain the bootbundle set. I've been reported of hard bricks because of missing such set of files from bundles.

I WANT TO GET YOUR ATTENTION ABOUT THE LATEST BRANCH 0.9.19. Without FSC, the tool will by default include simlock.ta if this file is present in the FTF. The result will be a bricked phone
    As a workaround, until I release a patch, please please tick the exlude simlock.ta if you see it in the list.
    0.9.19.6 fixes the simlock.ta issue. This file is by default excluded. Then it will not be flashed until you explicitely untick the exlcude simlock box. Do it at your own risk.

Regards
    Androxyde
    Baseband-package from 2.1.A.0.435 (X10i):
    http://www.multiupload.com/DBPJSA702G

Regards
    Bin4ry
    Here are mirrors if anyone needs them :) All on my Server.

Windows
    Linux
    Mac
    A new version of Flashtool will be released very soon with support for XZPremium, XZ1 and XZ1 compact

This release will move from java8 to java9. As a consequence, Flashtool will not run on 32bits OS platforms as java9 is 64bits only
    Hello all :)

Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.1)
    Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.2)

This release can normally root latest devices (towelroot implemented)

This release has a new feature : Check Devices -> Check update. Choose a device and you will have a table of CDF. Double click on one of them it will check release. Double click again once release is fetched and FT will download / decrypt and create FTF from files downloaded from sony servers :)

Feel free to report if you find bugs.
    PS : This update applies only on release 0.9.16.1 or 0.9.17.1

(Beta.zip as attachement to this post)