[TOOL] [UPDATE 04/09/2015] Flashtool version 0.9.19.10 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Search This thread

Sinfamy

Aug 15, 2011
steamcommunity.com
Hello, nothing happens when I click the XperiFirm button.
It appears there is no XperiFirm in the install directory. I can download it and run it separately, but I liked the integration.

Nov 25, 2020
[TOOL] [UPDATE 21/12/2016] Flashtool version 0.9.23.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Hi,

I will take the lead on releases of this tool as Bin4ry will have less time to work on it.

For all flashtool informations (download links, changelog, screenshot gallery, FAQ, Firmwares repository) go to the Flashtool Homepage

Flashtool sources are on github : Androxyde repositories

WARNING : Since Xperia Z, sony added a new set of files I called bootbundle. Those files can be bundled from 0.9.13 and can be flashed from 0.9.13 only. To all those flashing devices from Z edition to all after Z, it is highly advised to use 0.9.13 and to be sure FTF you flash contain the bootbundle set. I've been reported of hard bricks because of missing such set of files from bundles.

I WANT TO GET YOUR ATTENTION ABOUT THE LATEST BRANCH 0.9.19. Without FSC, the tool will by default include simlock.ta if this file is present in the FTF. The result will be a bricked phone
As a workaround, until I release a patch, please please tick the exlude simlock.ta if you see it in the list.
0.9.19.6 fixes the simlock.ta issue. This file is by default excluded. Then it will not be flashed until you explicitely untick the exlcude simlock box. Do it at your own risk.

Regards
Androxyde
hey i am trying to flash android 9 on xperia xz3 so-01l it is not showing up in the mobile flasher

freemax25

Mar 13, 2016
Hey, for info there is an issue to create the *.ftf file in the windows explorer when the market/operator variables have "/" inside it ; of course Windows is not accepting files with this character so it results an error :
05/029/2021 14:29:52 - INFO - Creating bundle for Xperia 1 II Orange MCV FR/ES/PL/SK/RO 58.1.A.5.55
05/029/2021 14:29:55 - ERROR - C:\Users\Maximus\.flashTool\firmwares\XQ-AT51_58.1.A.5.55_Orange MCV FR\ES\PL\SK\RO.ftf (Le chemin d’accès spécifié est introuvable)

Capture1.PNG

Last edited:

MisterPetje

Mar 17, 2011
Ipswich
Trying to use this programme again, used so many times in the past [ many thanks for that]
But after getting an XA2 , I found it impossible to use.
I started using NewFlasher but I hard bricked one XA2 before getting LIneageOS onto another.
This worked well for two years then tried to get the latest version on that before bricking that one a few weeks ago.
I tried to use Flashtool on a 10 Plus but no joy so reverted back to NewFlasher and I thought I bricked my new 10 Plus. Fortunately just a combo of bootloop and dead battery but I really do not want to use NewFlasher cause it's far to easy to get it wrong.
I had flashed firmware 53.1.A.3.105 with Newfasher and have tried a repair with EMMA but this is only firmware 53.1.A.2.2 the software is glitchy [ UI keeps stopping , Phone doesn't work, random crashes]

Can't seem to create my own tft files it just stops loading files with boot files [ this was with the latest Flashtool]
So managed to find 53.1.A.3.105 tft online but this wouldn't flash without fsc file. Tried to make one of these but USB logger didn't see anything before PC companion told me I can't use their service because my Bootloader is unlocked.
Tried an old version of Flashtool but this doesn't recognize the bundle.
Any vids on how to do this without PC companion this would good as there is 196 pages on this thread

one_silly_sausage

Sep 28, 2021
Could I get some help with this on Linux please? I just downloaded version 0.9.33.0. However, when I try to run the Flashtool script, I get;
Code:
Error: dl failure on line 534
Error: failed /home/Desktop/xperifirm/FlashTool/x10flasher_native/jre/lib/server/libjvm.so, because /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /home/msi/Desktop/xperifirm/FlashTool/x10flasher_native/jre/lib/server/libjvm.so)
When I try to execute the .jar file I get;
Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: picocli/CommandLine
    at gui.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: picocli.CommandLine
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:641)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:188)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:520)
    ... 1 more
I already updated Java and I'm completely stuck at this point. Also, since I am trying to reinstall the stock Sony firmware after having installed LineageOS, do I need to do anything with the custom recovery image I installed alongside LOS or does Flashtool sort that automatically?

zputnyq

Apr 19, 2013
Hi,
I'm using the latest flashtool compatible with win xp sp3. I'm getting an issue no longer able to download a rom from xperifirm, it said no connection, but long before it's fine & I don't do any modification to my pc. Is there any solution for this ?

bofis

Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure where I should be asking this, but is there any way to add another device into Flashtool so I can use it with my Xperia 5 III?

Reactions: Dzepar

DHGE

Jun 20, 2015
coastal paradise
Hi all! What should I do if Flashtool doesn't see .ftf files? I tried 0.9.35 from GitHub and 0.9.33 from repositories and it doesn't help
I'm using the latest Xubuntu
Use Windows.

I did not flash SONY ROMs in the last two years but switched to newflasher since this runs on Linux straight from the command line and did not give me issues as the later Flashtool versions on Linux.
The older unproblematic versions did not keep with the new SONY devices and changes on their infrastructure.
The only SONY device I still have is on a soso maintained LineageOS and there I use TWRP if the Lineage updater does not work.
You can use TWRP as basic as fastboot boot TWRP.img if you have to.

Ulumia

Dec 21, 2021
Samara,Russia
HTC Desire
HTC Desire C
Use Windows.

I did not flash SONY ROMs in the last two years but switched to newflasher since this runs on Linux straight from the command line and did not give me issues as the later Flashtool versions on Linux.
The older unproblematic versions did not keep with the new SONY devices and changes on their infrastructure.
The only SONY device I still have is on a soso maintained LineageOS and there I use TWRP if the Lineage updater does not work.
You can use TWRP as basic as fastboot boot TWRP.img if you have to.
I can't use TWRP because I have an Xperia X8 from the 2010 line

MiniGNU

Oct 13, 2015
Brest
sites.google.com
I got an issue with flashing my XZ Dual (F8332) to stock via FlashTool after using custom ROMs. Almost all custom ROMs created for single sim phones with patches for dual sim. Because of this Dual sim phones recognizes by flashtool like single sim (F8331 in my case).
And it is not possible to flash stock firmware for dual beause of error:
ERROR - The bundle does not match the connected device
I tried to flash stock kernel from dual sim firmware, but nothing changed. F8332 still recognized as F8331.
How it can be fixed?

faizikari

Nov 1, 2013
Hi, I have something to ask. I use Ubuntu because of reason that I can't avoid. Can I change the FTF extraction directory(prepared folder) to other folder?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TOOL] [UPDATE 21/12/2016] Flashtool version 0.9.23.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Hi,

I will take the lead on releases of this tool as Bin4ry will have less time to work on it.

For all flashtool informations (download links, changelog, screenshot gallery, FAQ, Firmwares repository) go to the Flashtool Homepage

Flashtool sources are on github : Androxyde repositories

WARNING : Since Xperia Z, sony added a new set of files I called bootbundle. Those files can be bundled from 0.9.13 and can be flashed from 0.9.13 only. To all those flashing devices from Z edition to all after Z, it is highly advised to use 0.9.13 and to be sure FTF you flash contain the bootbundle set. I've been reported of hard bricks because of missing such set of files from bundles.

I WANT TO GET YOUR ATTENTION ABOUT THE LATEST BRANCH 0.9.19. Without FSC, the tool will by default include simlock.ta if this file is present in the FTF. The result will be a bricked phone
    As a workaround, until I release a patch, please please tick the exlude simlock.ta if you see it in the list.
    0.9.19.6 fixes the simlock.ta issue. This file is by default excluded. Then it will not be flashed until you explicitely untick the exlcude simlock box. Do it at your own risk.

Regards
    Androxyde
    Baseband-package from 2.1.A.0.435 (X10i):
    http://www.multiupload.com/DBPJSA702G

Regards
    Bin4ry
    Here are mirrors if anyone needs them :) All on my Server.

Windows
    Linux
    Mac
    A new version of Flashtool will be released very soon with support for XZPremium, XZ1 and XZ1 compact

This release will move from java8 to java9. As a consequence, Flashtool will not run on 32bits OS platforms as java9 is 64bits only
    Hello all :)

Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.1)
    Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.2)

This release can normally root latest devices (towelroot implemented)

This release has a new feature : Check Devices -> Check update. Choose a device and you will have a table of CDF. Double click on one of them it will check release. Double click again once release is fetched and FT will download / decrypt and create FTF from files downloaded from sony servers :)

Feel free to report if you find bugs.
    PS : This update applies only on release 0.9.16.1 or 0.9.17.1

(Beta.zip as attachement to this post)