[TOOL] [UPDATE 04/09/2015] Flashtool version 0.9.19.10 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Search This thread

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
so I got this working to a point, I renamed the H81XX fsc file to H8166_52.0.A.3.84.fsc but it stops the flash at varying points depending on connecting phone and running the flash, sometime it says script file not found and if I run again it just sits there

Tried renaming the flashscript file to 8166.fsc still not working - no script file

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

giving up for now, might start the whole thing from scratch as I had a powercut when downloading the xperifirm files - it continued after reboot but you never know, but still getting the script file error regardless, I have renamed it to many things but still get the error

Last edited:

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
So I got this to run eventually using the H81XX 51.1.fsc and renaming it 52.0.fsc - a lot of errors and warnings and the flashing failed, next I am thinking of trying the FSC file for the XZ2 52.0.fsc but I am a little worried about that, would be helpful if the author of flashtool kept the scripts up to date as new FW is released, a lot of hard work for it to be rendered useless for new FW - just saying

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
So I got this to run eventually using the H81XX 51.1.fsc and renaming it 52.0.fsc - a lot of errors and warnings and the flashing failed, next I am thinking of trying the FSC file for the XZ2 52.0.fsc but I am a little worried about that, would be helpful if the author of flashtool kept the scripts up to date as new FW is released, a lot of hard work for it to be rendered useless for new FW - just saying

Dude, just stop whining. FlashTool is a free and open-source software maintained mostly by Androxyde itself. You want a proper .fsc script for your device? Then, instead of complaining and complaining, go take a backup of your phone's data and record a USB log while doing a software repair through Xperia Companion (there's a step by step guide on how to do that in FlashTool's website, which I assume you didn't bother to visit), then parse that USB log using the built-in function in FlashTool to get a fresh .fsc compatible with the new firmware and share it with other users, even better, open a Pull Request in FlashTool's Device Database repository on GitHub so it can be integrated on the official database and everyone can use it.

Those scripts are created based on communication done between the phone and official Sony software during firmware restores/updates, demanding the maintainers of FlashTool to always have updated scripts ready whenever a new major firmware version is released for every supported Xperia phone (taking into account you need a physical device to record the USB log) is a bit too much, don't you think? -- just saying ;)

Reactions: iXaidyiu

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
Dude, just stop whining. FlashTool is a free and open-source software maintained mostly by Androxyde itself. You want a proper .fsc script for your device? Then, instead of complaining and complaining, go take a backup of your phone's data and record a USB log while doing a software repair through Xperia Companion (there's a step by step guide on how to do that in FlashTool's website, which I assume you didn't bother to visit), then parse that USB log using the built-in function in FlashTool to get a fresh .fsc compatible with the new firmware and share it with other users, even better, open a Pull Request in FlashTool's Device Database repository on GitHub so it can be integrated on the official database and everyone can use it.

Those scripts are created based on communication done between the phone and official Sony software during firmware restores/updates, demanding the maintainers of FlashTool to always have updated scripts ready whenever a new major firmware version is released for every supported Xperia phone (taking into account you need a physical device to record the USB log) is a bit too much, don't you think? -- just saying ;)

I do understand what you say and I was trying not to be too critical of the of the developers who put hours and hours of work in to help others, I ended up using the other "newflash tool" and ended up in a bootloop, Xxeria companion was able to repair and get my phone working again but only after wiping all my data, I do have backup but it doesn't restore everything I need, my previous Phone a Z1 was rooted and I could pretty much backup everything various ways, but this new phone is not rooted and provides limited options, I should have waited for the OTA but I wanted to load my phone with a different region FW so I went ahead, some of this was my fault for not getting into folders and transferring some stuff were possible to my external SD Card but those options are limited

anyway I am were I am and cannot do much about it

ManuAjay

Jan 31, 2018
Flashed fastboot rom using mi flash beta showed like mentioned below pic and not device get booted..
Then tried to install old version of mi flash tool showed like below given picture...hlp me to solve this issue...Need help plox

ManuAjay

Jan 31, 2018
Flashed fastboot rom using mi flash beta showed like mentioned below pic no.2 and not device get booted..
Then tried to install old version of mi flash tool showed like below given picture no.1 ..hlp me to solve this issue...Need help plox...

Attachments

• IMG-20181215-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20181215-WA0016.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG-20181215-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20181215-WA0009.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 558

alejopugli

Apr 19, 2016
Hello, i need to flash xz2 Compact and after doing all, flashboot gets stuck on Sending getvar:max-download-size
here is the log

13/025/2019 11:25:23 - INFO - Selected Bundle for Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact(H8324). FW release : 52.0.A.3.27. Customization : Commercial and Journalists
13/025/2019 11:25:23 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
13/025/2019 11:25:53 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
13/025/2019 11:25:54 - INFO - Using Gordon gate drivers version 3.1.0.0
13/025/2019 11:25:54 - INFO - USB buffer size set to 1024K
13/025/2019 11:25:54 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
13/025/2019 11:25:54 - INFO - Device ready for R/W.
13/025/2019 11:25:54 - INFO - Reading device information
13/025/2019 11:25:54 - INFO - Reading phone properties
13/025/2019 11:25:54 - INFO - Sending getvar:max-download-size

Last edited:
I'm trying to make fsc for Xperia L3 (later maybe Xperia 1). Howevere I have problem that Simple Logger doesn't see the device... No reaction when it's connected or the connection option is changed to File Transfer (for Xperia Companion).

Is there any other method to create the fsc? Something changed and I don't know about it?

EDIT: Same thing with Xperia 1. Logger doesn't seem to see that device is connected...

Last edited:

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
It seems 0.9.26.0 brought Xperia 1 support. Problem is that in J81XX folder is fsc file for XZ2 and in J91XX are 2 fscs - XZ2 one and 1 one, but the latter has wrong name for Flashtool to use it by default.
v0.9.26 silently apperared on flashtool site, but there is no changelog there or in this thread :(

ExDeeEy

Dec 29, 2017
Mac requirements?

What are the system requirements for the Mac version? I downloaded the current version 0.9.28.0 from the flashtool.net website (via Uploaded.to link) and the .dmg disk image doesn't open on my Mac. Error: "No mountable file systems"

My Mac is running OS X 10.11 El Capitan. So I had it extracted on another Mac running 10.13 High Sierra. The disk image mounted there and the app could be copied over to my Mac. But the app doesn't launch. I bounces a few times in the dock and then just quits without any message. Edit: it leaves a crash report in the system log. I can attach it if that helps.

Strangely, even though the disk image is labeled as 0.9.28, the version on the app inside is 0.9.10, see screenshot. Whats happening? Did the wrong app get packed in the download?

Last edited:

Rubik.Orange

Mar 5, 2010
Busan
try to downgrade 52.1.A.0.672(10) to 52.0.A.11.32(Pie), device say 'Your device is corrupted It can't be trusted and will not boot'
when re-flash android 10 firmware, boot nomally

how can i downgrade to android pie ?

device is XZ2C(H8314)

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

try to downgrade 52.1.A.0.672(10) to 52.0.A.11.32(Pie), device say 'Your device is corrupted It can't be trusted and will not boot'
when re-flash android 10 firmware, boot nomally

how can i downgrade to android pie ?

device is XZ2C(H8314)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TOOL] [UPDATE 21/12/2016] Flashtool version 0.9.23.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Hi,

I will take the lead on releases of this tool as Bin4ry will have less time to work on it.

For all flashtool informations (download links, changelog, screenshot gallery, FAQ, Firmwares repository) go to the Flashtool Homepage

Flashtool sources are on github : Androxyde repositories

WARNING : Since Xperia Z, sony added a new set of files I called bootbundle. Those files can be bundled from 0.9.13 and can be flashed from 0.9.13 only. To all those flashing devices from Z edition to all after Z, it is highly advised to use 0.9.13 and to be sure FTF you flash contain the bootbundle set. I've been reported of hard bricks because of missing such set of files from bundles.

I WANT TO GET YOUR ATTENTION ABOUT THE LATEST BRANCH 0.9.19. Without FSC, the tool will by default include simlock.ta if this file is present in the FTF. The result will be a bricked phone
    As a workaround, until I release a patch, please please tick the exlude simlock.ta if you see it in the list.
    0.9.19.6 fixes the simlock.ta issue. This file is by default excluded. Then it will not be flashed until you explicitely untick the exlcude simlock box. Do it at your own risk.

Regards
    Androxyde
    Baseband-package from 2.1.A.0.435 (X10i):
    http://www.multiupload.com/DBPJSA702G

Regards
    Bin4ry
    Here are mirrors if anyone needs them :) All on my Server.

Windows
    Linux
    Mac
    A new version of Flashtool will be released very soon with support for XZPremium, XZ1 and XZ1 compact

This release will move from java8 to java9. As a consequence, Flashtool will not run on 32bits OS platforms as java9 is 64bits only
    Hello all :)

Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.1)
    Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.2)

This release can normally root latest devices (towelroot implemented)

This release has a new feature : Check Devices -> Check update. Choose a device and you will have a table of CDF. Double click on one of them it will check release. Double click again once release is fetched and FT will download / decrypt and create FTF from files downloaded from sony servers :)

Feel free to report if you find bugs.
    PS : This update applies only on release 0.9.16.1 or 0.9.17.1

(Beta.zip as attachement to this post)