Ever since the tutorial for Lollipop deodexing was posted on XDA portal, I was working on a batch deodex tool.
And finally it is complete.
I'm bit stuck with my personal life hence I do not have the time to manage this project , anyone who likes to take it over can do so.
The code is open source.
Pull requests are welcome...
I will be updating this project whenever I have time, in the meantime if anyone wants to join this project feel free to PM me and I can add you to the project. Code will remain open source
Lollipop Batch Deodex Source Code
Also featured on XDA Portal
- Checks if the prerequisites are installed.
- Displays the count of Odexed Apps. Priv-Apps and Framework Apps before DeOdexing
- DeOdexes System Apps, Priv-Apps and Framework Apps in Batch Mode
- Automatically Zipaligns deodexed files
- Just wanted you guys to know that the credit for finding out this method goes for the poster of this article HERE (it is in Korean btw, I think it is Korean do correct me if I'm wrong).
- The credit for translating and posting on XDA goes to @Tech N You
- Thanks to @Golvfor all the help in fixing oat conversion issues
- Thanks to @_riddle for his amazing oat2dex tool
- Make sure Java is installed and Java Path Variable is set in your PC
- Due to the nature of Java tools, run the app from a path where there is no spaces, like D:\JBD
- Unzip the Odexed rom zip, to say D:\MyRom (for example)
- So within the folder D:\MyRom there will be subfolder "system" and within system folder, app, priv-app and framework folders must be present, you should select "system"
- Now run the app, after Java check, it will prompt you to select a folder where Odex files are found, you should select D:\MyRom
- If your rom is Odexed and your selection was correct (refer the folder structure image above step), the app will show you how many files will be DeOdexed, now follow the on screen instructions.
- Sit back and relax and wait till the app finishes DeOdexing your rom.