[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][3.3][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.3.1-0 TeamWin Recovery Project 9/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bigbiff

Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.3.1-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project

Hello, I am releasing an official version of TWRP I have been working on for the last 6 weeks. If you download the patched fastboot image as described in the device installation page, you can use TWRP to repack the non-fastboot image for a permanent installation. Currently encryption is supported in the fastboot version and the permanently installed version. Thanks for your patience waiting for official support.

I was kindly given the device from Asus, and will not be blind supporting this device.

X01WD Device Config: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_asus_X01WD

DOWNLOAD:

All official devices are listed at the top of the page on the Team Win website. Search for the device in the textbox.

http://twrp.me

Last edited:

Avalon

Mar 10, 2015
Amazing news! I'm expecting to receive my Zenfone 6 30 edition tomorrow, so the timing couldn't be more perfect.

trashographer

May 18, 2019
Yes. I merged in the good work from Peter Cai for wrapped key support. First it will try a non wrapped key. If that fails it will try a wrapped key. I tested both LOS and Omni.

stuck on Trying Decryption for several minutes after fastboot boot twrp-installer-fastboot-3.3.1-0-I01WD.img :rolleyes:

I can boot twrp without password and flash persistent version. Maybe it will work then?
Nope. Cannot boot recovery after flashing. Only LOS booting.

Last edited:

Grom8

Jul 3, 2018
Here is my experience:
Lineage for me is really broken, after a while if I reboot my phone I eventually get stuck in a bootloop, I always customise many settings and haven't narrowed done what the issue is. I was hoping this official TWRP would help with this (constantly reinstalling everything was getting really annoying) but it didn't seem to change much.

Flashing the first IMG (the second download) is the IMG file that works otherwise I bootloop. The flash seems to not in into as many mounting errors as the previous mod and flashing lineageos works but only through ADB sideload or you will again bootloop. This is an improvement because before side loading was not possible.

After flashing the twrp installer zip thus successfully passes but never installs correctly and every time I went through an install I would be taken to lineageOS recovery. From here side loading twrp doesn't work but side loading magisk and mindthegapps is fine with no errors that would occur before.

Booting lineage for the first time didn't open the factory wipe error screen as well.

TLDR; TWRP doesn't stick on the phone but I haven't had a reboot leading to an eventual bootloop so far. So far a partial success :)

Reactions: Oyeahoyeah800

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
Are you on the most recent firmware? Did you install the image in the download link through the fastboot installer version of TWRP through the repack recovery ramdisk option of TWRP?

Here is my experience:
Lineage for me is really broken, after a while if I reboot my phone I eventually get stuck in a bootloop, I always customise many settings and haven't narrowed done what the issue is. I was hoping this official TWRP would help with this (constantly reinstalling everything was getting really annoying) but it didn't seem to change much.

Flashing the first IMG (the second download) is the IMG file that works otherwise I bootloop. The flash seems to not in into as many mounting errors as the previous mod and flashing lineageos works but only through ADB sideload or you will again bootloop. This is an improvement because before side loading was not possible.

After flashing the twrp installer zip thus successfully passes but never installs correctly and every time I went through an install I would be taken to lineageOS recovery. From here side loading twrp doesn't work but side loading magisk and mindthegapps is fine with no errors that would occur before.

Booting lineage for the first time didn't open the factory wipe error screen as well.

TLDR; TWRP doesn't stick on the phone but I haven't had a reboot leading to an eventual bootloop so far. So far a partial success :)

digitalpixel

Nov 9, 2016
no way to decrypt

Hi,

sorry for bothering, I'm on Stock Rom -189 ( Asus ZF6 8/256 ), I tried fastboot boot twrp-installer-fastboot-3.3.1-0-I01WD.img after entering my personal "PATTERN" the TWRP stucks on " Updating partition details... " ... see the image

I can't extract a "recovery log" for the STATE of the system ( no MTP )

digitalpixel

Attachments

• photo_2019-09-03_18-25-24.jpg
    photo_2019-09-03_18-25-24.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015
So i tried to flash the zip:
I am on the latest omnirom 2019-08-31 with unofficial twrp 3.3.1-19 from mauronofrio. I flashed omnirom coming from stock 191 if it matters.
Twrp 3.3.1-19 successfully decrypts.
I flashed twrp-installer-3.3.1-0-I01WD.zip and magisk.zip from twrp 3.3.1-19 > reboot to recovery. Enter decryption pin > trying decryption. Thats where i am stuck after waiting a few minutes.
Forcing a reboot with vol down + power recovery starts again. I can not boot system.

After a few minutes of waiting nothing happens after "using secdis" in the recovery.log.

Rebooting into bootloader and fastbooting twrp 3.3.1-19 and installing it works as does booting to system after.

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

digitalpixel

Nov 9, 2016
HELP

Hi,

there is a way to retrive the data partition ?? I have important personal document not BU over there :crying::crying::crying:

digitalpixel

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015
Hi,
there is a way to retrive the data partition ?? I have important personal document not BU over there :crying::crying::crying:
digitalpixel
Depending on where in data you file is stored you can try "adb pull /path/to/you/file.txt".
Adb works even while twrp is stuck during decryption.

If that does not work try booting into bootloader > fastboot boot twrp3.3.1-19 image from mauronofrio. In twrp 3.3.1-19 flash the twrp3.3.1-19 installer.zip and magisk.zip. Reboot system. That worked for me on omnirom.

digitalpixel

Nov 9, 2016
I am on the latest omnirom 2019-08-31 with unofficial twrp 3.3.1-19 from mauronofrio. I flashed omnirom coming from stock 191 if it matters.
I flashed twrp-installer-3.3.1-0-I01WD.zip and magisk.zip from twrp 3.3.1-19 > reboot to recovery. Enter decryption pin > trying decryption. Thats where i am stuck after waiting a few minutes.
Forcing a reboot with vol down + power recovery starts again. I can not boot system.

After a few minutes of waiting nothing happens after "using secdis" in the recovery.log.

Rebooting into bootloader and fastbooting twrp 3.3.1-19 and installing it works as does booting to system after.

Hi isthisadagger,

no way I can't decrypt , I think I LOOSE ALL ... :(

digitalpixel

Nov 9, 2016
What happens when you install 3.3.1-19 and
1. Try to boot to system?
2. Boot to recovery and enter you password to decrypt?

I tried like you said, no way to decrypt data partition in TWRP -19 and no way to boot to system :(

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

What happens when you install 3.3.1-19 and
1. Try to boot to system?
2. Boot to recovery and enter you password to decrypt?

I think the custom roms have the ability " I suppose " to restore the Key ... the stock NO

I hope some one didn't mess with "wrappedkey and non-wrappedkey" :rolleyes:

digitalpixel

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010

What zip are you flashing? I am only supporting flashing the recovery image through the fastboot installer and using TWRP's repacking tools.

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
I tried like you said, no way to decrypt data partition in TWRP -19 and no way to boot to system :(

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I think the custom roms have the ability " I suppose " to restore the Key ... the stock NO

I hope some one didn't mess with "wrappedkey and non-wrappedkey" :rolleyes:

digitalpixel

TWRP only updates the key in memory and it shouldn't overwrite the local data key. If it's unable to decrypt normally, it will attempt to use a wrapped key in memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.3.1-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project

Hello, I am releasing an official version of TWRP I have been working on for the last 6 weeks. If you download the patched fastboot image as described in the device installation page, you can use TWRP to repack the non-fastboot image for a permanent installation. Currently encryption is supported in the fastboot version and the permanently installed version. Thanks for your patience waiting for official support.

I was kindly given the device from Asus, and will not be blind supporting this device.

X01WD Device Config: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_asus_X01WD

DOWNLOAD:

All official devices are listed at the top of the page on the Team Win website. Search for the device in the textbox.

http://twrp.me
    Hello, all. I posted a 3.3.1-1 release.

- added dtbo partition - allows you to backup the avb signature and dtbo related to the installed system
    - replaced installer image with zip - provides more reliable installation until I can figure out what is going on with twrp repacking

It will be up on the site when the next index job runs.
    Yes. I merged in the good work from Peter Cai for wrapped key support. First it will try a non wrapped key. If that fails it will try a wrapped key. I tested both LOS and Omni.
    I have released 3.3.1-3 to twrp.me that allows pin to work. Thanks to @mauronfrio showing me the property for gatekeeper to work in TWRP.
    Hi guys.
    If you want, this is my custom twrp for Q.
    Use it only for fastboot BOOT
    Use your current twrp-installer after

NO Decryption working atm for Q
    No DATA mounted
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261622372
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone