[Tool][Utility][Win|Linux] Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage

Search This thread
Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage - this is the easiest way format your memory card, to use it as a internal memory and removable media at the same time!

What is required for this?
- Device with Android Marshmallow (6.0) and higher.
- USB Cable
- Enabled USB debug on your device

Just select the formatting mode and press any key!

Instruction:
1 - Connect your smartphone to the PC using your cable
2 - Enable USB debug on your smartphone
3 - Run "aftiss.cmd" (for Windows) or "aftiss.sh" (for Linux)
4 - Select the formatting mode
(1 - 25% Internal\75% SDCard, 2 - 50% Internal\50% SDCard, 3 - 75% Internal\25% SDCard, 4 - Custom)
5 - Press any key
6 - Be happy!

>> Download <<

tip: what version should I download?

Attention! You will lose all data on the memory card!
Recommendation, to avoid errors, before re-partition, format the memory card as portable storage\removable media.

How to install games\programs obb\data files on adoptable storage?

[Requirements:]
Systems: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 x86\x64 and Linux

Example for formatting mode 2 - 50% Internal\50% SDCard, SD Card 2GB.
EXAMPLE.png


How to do it manually?
Go to ADB Shell
Code:
adb shell
Code:
sm list-disks
Example answer: disk:179,64
Code:
sm partition <DISK> mixed <PERCENT>
Example: sm partition disk:179,64 mixed 25
Where 25 this 25% for SD Card, remaining 75% for Internal storage


You can support me on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/octanium

XDA:DevDB Information
Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Octanium91

Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: 3.0
Stable Release Date: 2017-04-03

Created 2017-04-03
Last Updated 2017-05-22
 

Attachments

  • screen03.png
    screen03.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 118,723
  • screen04.png
    screen04.png
    6 KB · Views: 117,640
  • screen05.png
    screen05.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 117,324
Last edited:

Nintonito

Senior Member
Dec 25, 2013
108
22
Does this support a 100% internal mode? I wanna use this to force adoptable storage on devices that hide the user menu for it.
 

tavocabe

Senior Member
Sep 5, 2010
493
110
Monterrey
I'm tempted to do this but I tend to change ROMs on a somewhat regular basis. My question is, what happens to the data stored in the formated as internal sd card partition?
 

geraldalcos

Senior Member
Aug 8, 2016
122
12
Cavite
Sorry for the noob question, but what is the benefit of this? Is it better to have it stay as external so there will no app/file will be harmed/affected when I remove it?
 
Sorry for the noob question, but what is the benefit of this? Is it better to have it stay as external so there will no app/file will be harmed/affected when I remove it?

You can move applications to the memory card with the cache, this significantly saves the memory of your smartphone. Here only a problem in that, system is standard formats the memory card as internal storage OR portable storage, and this is not entirely convenient.
This script allows you to use the memory card as internal storage and portable storage, at the same time!
 
  • Like
Reactions: classic757

Vankog

Senior Member
Nov 13, 2009
133
48
Wow I never thought about this possibility.
Until now I only stayed with removable SD card mode, because portability is a high priority. Especially due to the backups that I keep on there. An all-adoptable SD card was therefore never a feasible option for me.
A partition for each is an amazing solution to get the best of both worlds.
I will definitely try this later on.

However, what are your experiences with readability on other platforms?
Windows usually can only read one partition on portable storage. Which partition does show up in the Windows file manager?
 
  • Like
Reactions: beatLeo

Top Liked Posts

  • There are no posts matching your filters.
  • 149
    Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage - this is the easiest way format your memory card, to use it as a internal memory and removable media at the same time!

    What is required for this?
    - Device with Android Marshmallow (6.0) and higher.
    - USB Cable
    - Enabled USB debug on your device

    Just select the formatting mode and press any key!

    Instruction:
    1 - Connect your smartphone to the PC using your cable
    2 - Enable USB debug on your smartphone
    3 - Run "aftiss.cmd" (for Windows) or "aftiss.sh" (for Linux)
    4 - Select the formatting mode
    (1 - 25% Internal\75% SDCard, 2 - 50% Internal\50% SDCard, 3 - 75% Internal\25% SDCard, 4 - Custom)
    5 - Press any key
    6 - Be happy!

    >> Download <<

    tip: what version should I download?

    Attention! You will lose all data on the memory card!
    Recommendation, to avoid errors, before re-partition, format the memory card as portable storage\removable media.

    How to install games\programs obb\data files on adoptable storage?

    [Requirements:]
    Systems: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 x86\x64 and Linux

    Example for formatting mode 2 - 50% Internal\50% SDCard, SD Card 2GB.
    EXAMPLE.png


    How to do it manually?
    Go to ADB Shell
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    sm list-disks
    Example answer: disk:179,64
    Code:
    sm partition <DISK> mixed <PERCENT>
    Example: sm partition disk:179,64 mixed 25
    Where 25 this 25% for SD Card, remaining 75% for Internal storage


    You can support me on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/octanium

    XDA:DevDB Information
    Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

    Contributors
    Octanium91

    Version Information
    Status: Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-04-03

    Created 2017-04-03
    Last Updated 2017-05-22
    8
    Reserved

    Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    6
    Released aftiss_b2.zip! Version 2

    - Add script for linux! Thanks magdeoz for porting. Post
    *The path to the script should be without spaces
    *I did not check, check and report the results
    - Add cutom partition
    - Updated adb for linux and windows (25)

    Good luck to all!
    6
    I understand you. Without root it's impossible.
    But there is a solution, some games have a version with built-in cache right in the .apk (Do not create game files in internal storage), after installation, you can move the game to internal partition on SDCard.

    Hello there. first off, it works without root! After the Partition Progress, I gone to the internal sd Card and then go on the tab "migrate data" after this process, the internal sd Card (for me 40GB and external rest 78GB) showed in Es file Explorer as sdcard0, so as main storage. so everything new will be saved there.
    5
    add example screenshots for formatting mode 2 - 50% Internal\50% SDCard, SD Card 2GB.