[TOOL] Verizon S4 OneClick Debloater

Search This thread

bhp090808

Jan 23, 2012
Sebring
THIS DOES REMOVE SOME ITEMS YOU MAY NOT CONSIDER BLOAT!!! CHECK POST 16 PROVIDED BY xrabbitfootx FOR DETAILED INFO ON EACH APK AND WHAT IT DOES. IF YOU DONT RESEARCH YOURSELF FIRST DONT COME TO THIS THREAD TO COMPLAIN!

I created this quick One Click for those who just want to debloat their phone a little. Make sure you are rooted and have usb debugging checked. As always updated drivers must be installed. Just open Run_Me and hit enter. Make sure you back up any items you might want back or feel free to just remove the ones you want to keep by deleting the script in the tool. Or feel free to customize it to your liking. Error messages are ok. If you see some while tool is debloating its nothing to worry about. Feel free to upload and post your own custom debloat setup, everyones tastes are different:D

Here is what tool removes:
Books.apk
Music2.apk
Magazines.apk
Com2usPoker_ASGC.apk
Match3VS.apk
PolarisOffice5.apk
ChatONV_J.apk
InteractiveTutorial.apk
Flipboard.apk
Peel.apk
PlusOne.apk
SamsungLearning.apk
SecEmail_J.apk
SecExchange.apk
TripAdvisor.apk
SamsungApps_J_Only.apk
SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
SamsungBooks.apk
SamsungHub.apk
SamsungHubUpdater.apk
Episodes.apk
StoryAlbumWidget.apk
StoryAlbumWidget.odex
Talk.apk
Chrome.apk
Blurb.apk
GMS_Maps.apk
Street.apk
ChatON_feature.apk
KNOXAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
YahoonewsPhone2013.apk
YahoostockPhone2013.apk
VzTones.apk
VZNavigator.apk
VisualVoiceMail.apk
Viewdini.apk
TravelWidget.apk
TravelService.apk
MyVerizon.apk
acanid.apk
Amazon_MP3.apk
Amazon_Shopping.apk
Amazon_Widget.apk
Amazon_IMDB.apk
Amazon_Audible.apk
Amazon_Appstore.apk

Hope this makes someones life easier! Don't forget to hit that Thanks Button! If you feel the need to buy me a beer:beer: I wont complain:D

Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!4hVRQRBT!fudaeDvnkEJULCNpQcme1w99CgRTB9twWP_W42nSJv4

Just in case you need an app that has been removed here is a zip containing every apk from a stock verizon s4. Thanks to kpa2727 for this.

Complete apk file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!ac8TgIQC!MqnkjQt_wp_SS5O0_AJ2DStlluBufdabzxU-5cq7X4E

Last edited:

xrabbitfootx

Jan 22, 2010
this is great, thank you! i've added it into my script but, if you don't mind dropping some knowledge, do you need to remove system/app/PreloadIndtaller.apk to prevent the market from trying to re-install those apps upon reboot?

also, is this right? should those be "adb"? :p
Code:
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Viewdini.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Viewdini.odex"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/TravelWidget.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/TravelWidget.odex"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/TravelService.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/TravelService.odex"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/MyVerizon.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/MyVerizon.odex"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/canid.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/canid.odex"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_MP3.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_MP3.odex"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Shopping.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Shopping.odex"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Widget.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Widget.odex"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_IMDB.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_IMDB.odex"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Audible.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Audible.odex"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Appstore.apk"
abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Appstore.odex"

for anybody running hyperdrive, i recommend adding the following to the script to get rid of the aforementioned preloader, the setup wizard, and the boot animation (our phone uses the .qmg files, not the bootanimation.zip):

Code:
adb shell su -c "rm system/app/PreloadIndtaller.apk"
adb shell su -c "rm system/app/PreloadIndtaller.odex"
adb shell su -c "rm system/app/SetupWizard.apk"
adb shell su -c "rm system/app/SetupWizard.odex"
adb shell su -c "rm system/media/BootAnimation.zip"

thanks again!

-rf

*edit* i noticed the OP said to feel free to upload our own. my attachment has the following changes:
- corrected "abd" to "adb"
- added the lines above for those on hyperdrive
- removed lines so chrome and talk are not removed
enjoy!

Attachments

• VERIZON_DEBLOATER.zip
    498.2 KB · Views: 1,560
Last edited:

Millzoid

Dec 23, 2010
Boston
After running this tool my WatchOn app is missing! I see the SamsungWatchOn.apk in /system/app/ but I can't run it. Any idea why this would disappear or how to get it back?

[EDIT] nevermind... found the app to download. Didn't realize "peel" was the name of the apk. If you're going to make a tool like this, it may be a good idea to explain which each apk is.

Last edited:

brock1909

Nov 22, 2007
Awesome. Anybody have a zip.that could contain all these .apks just in case we want one or a few of them. ? Just a thought.

Sent from my SCH-1545 using xda app-developers app

bhp090808

Jan 23, 2012
Sebring
After running this tool my WatchOn app is missing! I see the SamsungWatchOn.apk in /system/app/ but I can't run it. Any idea why this would disappear or how to get it back?

[EDIT] nevermind... found the app to download. Didn't realize "peel" was the name of the apk. If you're going to make a tool like this, it may be a good idea to explain which each apk is.

No disrespect and not to be rude, but if you don't know what something does in its entirety dont use it before researching yourself. I provide the tools I make for myself for others to use and hopefully learn. If you are unhappy with the tool or OP please feel free to create your own and write a short novel about each apk being deleted.

Millzoid

Dec 23, 2010
Boston
No disrespect and not to be rude, but if you don't know what something does in its entirety dont use it before researching yourself. I provide the tools I make for myself for others to use and hopefully learn. If you are unhappy with the tool or OP please feel free to create your own and write a short novel about each apk being deleted.
It was just a suggestion, because it's called a "debloat" tool meaning it removes bloatware. It's defaulted to delete what most don't consider bloat.

Not sure if this will work, but what if you change the command to "su -c mv <app>.apk <app>.bak"

xrabbitfootx

Jan 22, 2010

in case you mess your own phone up, again:
- apk list 1
- apk discussion 1
- apk discussion 2

Awesome. Anybody have a zip.that could contain all these .apks just in case we want one or a few of them. ? Just a thought.

take the .apk(s) that you want to flash and drop it into this with 7zip, then flash it.

bhp090808

Jan 23, 2012
Sebring
It was just a suggestion, because it's called a "debloat" tool meaning it removes bloatware. It's defaulted to delete what most don't consider bloat.

Not sure if this will work, but what if you change the command to "su -c mv <app>.apk <app>.bak"

And as the OP states feel free to modify the tool to your tastes and even post it for others if you like

xrabbitfootx

Jan 22, 2010

what people consider bloatware is somewhat subjective, and much of the reason for removing it is to free up space. turning an apk into a bak only removes it from your app drawer/tray.

the OP does say to feel free to upload your own script/bat so, if that's what you like, there's nothing stopping you from uploading that and you could even include a README file with a list of the apk with their functions, or write it into the script:

Code:
ECHO XXX.apk does bobloblaw
ECHO.

if there is any concern, one should freeze/disable apks and cross reference that w/ the list in the OP then edit the script/bat accordingly. at the very least, one should have a backup or an update.zip.

regardless, only a poor handyman blames the tools (especially free tools) ;)

best,
rf

*edit* just noticed that the OP responded.

Last edited:

Millzoid

Dec 23, 2010
Boston
what people consider bloatware is somewhat subjective, and much of the reason for removing it is to free up space. turning an apk into a bak only removes it from your app drawer/tray.

the OP does say to feel free to upload your own script/bat so, if that's what you like, there's nothing stopping you from uploading that and you could even include a README file with a list of the apk with their functions, or write it into the script:

Code:
ECHO XXX.apk does bobloblaw
ECHO.

if there is any concern, one should freeze/disable apks and cross reference that w/ the list in the OP then edit the script/bat accordingly. at the very least, one should have a backup or an update.zip.

regardless, only a poor handyman blames the tools (especially free tools) ;)

best,
rf

*edit* just noticed that the OP responded.

I wasn't blaming the tool at all, it did exactly what it was supposed to do. I made a suggestion. I think people are getting little sensitive over a batch script. Yes it was my mistake for not knowing that peel.apk was WatchOn when there was a "SamsungWatchOn.apk" already in that dir. I'd be more than happy to help the OP and make a list of what each apk is, but it doesn't sound he would be interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: xrabbitfootx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS DOES REMOVE SOME ITEMS YOU MAY NOT CONSIDER BLOAT!!! CHECK POST 16 PROVIDED BY xrabbitfootx FOR DETAILED INFO ON EACH APK AND WHAT IT DOES. IF YOU DONT RESEARCH YOURSELF FIRST DONT COME TO THIS THREAD TO COMPLAIN!

I created this quick One Click for those who just want to debloat their phone a little. Make sure you are rooted and have usb debugging checked. As always updated drivers must be installed. Just open Run_Me and hit enter. Make sure you back up any items you might want back or feel free to just remove the ones you want to keep by deleting the script in the tool. Or feel free to customize it to your liking. Error messages are ok. If you see some while tool is debloating its nothing to worry about. Feel free to upload and post your own custom debloat setup, everyones tastes are different:D

Here is what tool removes:
    Books.apk
    Music2.apk
    Magazines.apk
    Com2usPoker_ASGC.apk
    Match3VS.apk
    PolarisOffice5.apk
    ChatONV_J.apk
    InteractiveTutorial.apk
    Flipboard.apk
    Peel.apk
    PlusOne.apk
    SamsungLearning.apk
    SecEmail_J.apk
    SecExchange.apk
    TripAdvisor.apk
    SamsungApps_J_Only.apk
    SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
    SamsungBooks.apk
    SamsungHub.apk
    SamsungHubUpdater.apk
    Episodes.apk
    StoryAlbumWidget.apk
    StoryAlbumWidget.odex
    Talk.apk
    Chrome.apk
    Blurb.apk
    GMS_Maps.apk
    Street.apk
    ChatON_feature.apk
    KNOXAgent.apk
    KNOXStore.apk
    YahoonewsPhone2013.apk
    YahoostockPhone2013.apk
    VzTones.apk
    VZNavigator.apk
    VisualVoiceMail.apk
    Viewdini.apk
    TravelWidget.apk
    TravelService.apk
    MyVerizon.apk
    acanid.apk
    Amazon_MP3.apk
    Amazon_Shopping.apk
    Amazon_Widget.apk
    Amazon_IMDB.apk
    Amazon_Audible.apk
    Amazon_Appstore.apk

Hope this makes someones life easier! Don't forget to hit that Thanks Button! If you feel the need to buy me a beer:beer: I wont complain:D

Download:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!4hVRQRBT!fudaeDvnkEJULCNpQcme1w99CgRTB9twWP_W42nSJv4

Just in case you need an app that has been removed here is a zip containing every apk from a stock verizon s4. Thanks to kpa2727 for this.

Complete apk file:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ac8TgIQC!MqnkjQt_wp_SS5O0_AJ2DStlluBufdabzxU-5cq7X4E
    this is great, thank you! i've added it into my script but, if you don't mind dropping some knowledge, do you need to remove system/app/PreloadIndtaller.apk to prevent the market from trying to re-install those apps upon reboot?

also, is this right? should those be "adb"? :p
    Code:
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Viewdini.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Viewdini.odex"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/TravelWidget.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/TravelWidget.odex"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/TravelService.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/TravelService.odex"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/MyVerizon.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/MyVerizon.odex"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/canid.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/canid.odex"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_MP3.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_MP3.odex"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Shopping.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Shopping.odex"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Widget.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Widget.odex"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_IMDB.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_IMDB.odex"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Audible.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Audible.odex"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Appstore.apk"
    abd shell su -c "rm system/app/Amazon_Appstore.odex"

for anybody running hyperdrive, i recommend adding the following to the script to get rid of the aforementioned preloader, the setup wizard, and the boot animation (our phone uses the .qmg files, not the bootanimation.zip):

Code:
    adb shell su -c "rm system/app/PreloadIndtaller.apk"
    adb shell su -c "rm system/app/PreloadIndtaller.odex"
    adb shell su -c "rm system/app/SetupWizard.apk"
    adb shell su -c "rm system/app/SetupWizard.odex"
    adb shell su -c "rm system/media/BootAnimation.zip"

thanks again!

-rf

*edit* i noticed the OP said to feel free to upload our own. my attachment has the following changes:
    - corrected "abd" to "adb"
    - added the lines above for those on hyperdrive
    - removed lines so chrome and talk are not removed
    enjoy!

in case you mess your own phone up, again:
    - apk list 1
    - apk discussion 1
    - apk discussion 2

take the .apk(s) that you want to flash and drop it into this with 7zip, then flash it.

I think your missing what i'm getting at. I understand this is development and this is learning. you have to understand i'm not attacking you. this is a community, filled with people who know all about the system and people who don't. I've used debloat tools before and so on.I haven't run into them deleting a email function.That's what you like and how you run your setup. The problem lies with when you remove things that can't easily be installed or re downloaded for a person who's new to it. I can't locate those files easily and I don't wanna factory reset atm. Also their not labeled Email.apk anymore and I was not aware of that name change. You shouldn't get bent out of shape cause I asked for help and made you aware of a issue that could arise to someone who is clueless and can't even fix it if they run this tool. Also From my shoes heres how I approached this tool. "cool somone made a debloat tool, glad I rooted. Time to nix some of the junk. ::reads fine print, not responsible blah nlah, every dev says that:: OK lets see ::mumble mumble:: feel free to modify, hmm don't know what needs to really be deleted other then bloat. So i'll leave the tool alone and just run it" few minutes later of struggling to get it to run , i'm done, everything seems fine, then I got to check my email andfire up watchnow, it's gone. no big deal, i'll just re download watch now. hmm how do I get my email back? 4 hours later of googling I find a answer. Do you see that this is my conundrum? It's not that i'm attacking you but it's that I was under a different impression as other forum posters as to how and what is deleted. You can't blame a entire community cause some know and some don't a better explination of things or 2 configs would prevent any trouble. but i'm the bad guy for saying that apparently. Thanks for the hard work you do. whether you share it or not.

here's the easiest way for someone not to mess their own device up:
    - TiBU, ROM Toolbox, and/or nandroid backup your apps (you should always have a backup of anything you're going to mod. this is so important it could be the name of this website)
    - download my attachment (name is based on the book series so don't take offense) then extract it
    - right click on Run_ME.bat > edit ; or right click on Run_ME.bat > edit with notepad++
    - go to line 32 and 33 which reads ""adb shell su -c "rm system/app/XXX.apk"" and ""adb shell su -c "rm system/app/XXX.odex"" and replace XXX with what you wish to uninstall. copy + paste and repeat this step for all the apps you wish. see this
    - save the file
    - run the Run_ME.bat

isn't that cool? now you can customize it the way you want! you don't have to uninstall them all in one go. start conservatively. if you get this .bat right, you will be able to reuse it whenever you update your ROM. like anything that's automated, it'll do mindless tasks very efficiently which means you need to set it up properly.

for more info on bloatware see this.

enjoy,
    rf

ps bhp090808, i appreciate your work and never edited a .bat file until this one. thank you and feel free to use my stripped down version :)