[TOOL] Whatsapp Viewer For PC

Search This thread

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Thank you so much for this program.
Unfortunately I'm getting an "Expected key filesize of 158 bytes does not match." error, when I'm trying to decrypt the latest crypt14 file with the correct key file from my rootet tablet.

Also when trying to read the msgstore.db and wa.db files fromt he root folder, Whatsapp Viewer "Could not read crypted file".

Is this because of some recent Whatsapp updates and changes or am I doing something wrong?
Weirdest thing, i can decrypt all the databases except the most recent one, has whatsapp changed something?.
This tool can decrypt new crypt14 and crypt15 formats:

karanrajpal14

Feb 4, 2011
Bangalore
This tool can decrypt new crypt14 and crypt15 formats:
So, even after decrypting the db with the tool, I am unable to view my messages using this. It looks like the tool does need an update. This is the error I'm seeing and from what I can tell, it does not make sense since I was using the .crypt15 db which is the newest version. Any other suggestions?

1653792352089.png

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
So, even after decrypting the db with the tool, I am unable to view my messages using this. It looks like the tool does need an update. This is the error I'm seeing and from what I can tell, it does not make sense since I was using the .crypt15 db which is the newest version. Any other suggestions?
Try using an older version of the whatsapp viewer.

huuur

Nov 1, 2008
Did you already try Whapa ?
I used Whapa before for decrypting but not viewing. If I'm not mistaken I should use Whapa Whatsapp Parser, selecting msgstore.db along with wa.db, then click on "Parser database" (I ticked "Texts" from the filter), I started the process about 12hrs ago and still not finished yet!. I think it goes through each contact/conversation history one by one, I have about 7 years of chat

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I used Whapa before for decrypting but not viewing. If I'm not mistaken I should use Whapa Whatsapp Parser, selecting msgstore.db along with wa.db, then click on "Parser database" (I ticked "Texts" from the filter), I started the process about 12hrs ago and still not finished yet!. I think it goes through each contact/conversation history one by one, I have about 7 years of chat
Probably you have a broken database.
Reading the database directly using DB Browser for SQLite is your best chance.
Good luck

huuur

Nov 1, 2008
Probably you have a broken database.
Reading the database directly using DB Browser for SQLite is your best chance.
Good luck
Thanks for the follow up.
I tried different databases, each been decrypted separately, some chats works fine, others more likely the ones with too many messages (7+ years) will get that error message and the viewer will stuck.
It has been reposted here "https://github.com/andreas-mausch/whatsapp-viewer/issues/139"
I still can't get familiar with DB Browser, it's either complicated or I'm getting old!

huuur

Nov 1, 2008
Temp. solution:
I copied/restored Whatsapp to a new phone using Titanium Backup (WITHOUT media files) and the decoded database got NO issue.
It may work by just renaming Whatsapp Images and/or Videos folders before doing a fresh chat backup ..
Hopefully "ver 1.16" can handle large databases without issues :coffee:

ReMiOS

Mar 13, 2021
I have the same issue

It appears the table scheme has been altered
Maybe a solution would be to create a view with te table name in the DB with the used columns

Used Tables:
  • message_thumbnails
  • messages_quotes
  • messages_links
messages (_id, key_remote_jid , key_from_me , key_id , status , needs_push , data , timestamp , media_url , media_mime_type , media_wa_type , media_size , media_name , media_caption , media_hash , media_duration , origin , latitude , longitude , thumb_image , remote_resource , received_timestamp , send_timestamp , receipt_server_timestamp , receipt_device_timestamp , read_device_timestamp , played_device_timestamp , raw_data , recipient_count , participant_hash , starred , quoted_row_id , mentioned_jids , multicast_id , edit_version , media_enc_hash , payment_transaction_id , forwarded , preview_type , send_count , lookup_tables , future_message_type , message_add_on_flags)
=> Is Missing in new database

messages_links
(_id, key_remote_jid , message_row_id , link_index )
=> Is Missing in new database (partial in table message_link )

messages_quotes (_id , key_remote_jid , key_from_me , key_id , status , needs_push , data , timestamp , media_url , media_mime_type , media_wa_type , media_size , media_name , media_caption , media_hash , media_duration , origin , latitude , longitude , thumb_image , remote_resource , received_timestamp , send_timestamp , receipt_server_timestamp , receipt_device_timestamp , read_device_timestamp , played_device_timestamp , raw_data , recipient_count , participant_hash , starred , quoted_row_id , mentioned_jids , multicast_id , edit_version , media_enc_hash , payment_transaction_id , forwarded , preview_type , send_count , lookup_tables , future_message_type , message_add_on_flags )
=> Is Missing in new database

message_thumbnails
(thumbnail , timestamp , key_remote_jid , key_from_me , key_id )
=> Exists and is identical

Top Liked Posts