• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL][WIN] OTA Updates (Motorola)

Search This thread
Sep 12, 2016
Thane
OnePlus 7
>>> Instructions <<<

Decided not to package the program in SFX
FIX download (after last update)
*If program does not want to download, in top area scroll down, copy download link and manually download
FIX shows download speed
FIX back button

This is not working for me anymore..
I have a Moto x4 and a month ago everything was working.. i would but old Software Versions and get all the updates as usual.. but now even the old ones are not showing let alone new updates.. what do i doo ToT

Model: moto x4
Carrier: retapac
Software: Blur.Version.27.286.12.payton.retail.en.US

it says wrong input or no updates..
I havent even received October update and i used to have retin channel... but Service Centre guys changed my motherboard over a ****ing mic
Pls see if anything can be done

Last edited:

Octanium91

May 4, 2014
Kremenchug
octanium-os.blogspot.com
Answer

This is not working for me anymore..
I have a Moto x4 and a month ago everything was working.. i would but old Software Versions and get all the updates as usual.. but now even the old ones are not showing let alone new updates.. what do i doo ToT

Model: moto x4
Carrier: retapac
Software: Blur.Version.27.286.12.payton.retail.en.US

it says wrong input or no updates..
I havent even received October update and i used to have retin channel... but Service Centre guys changed my motherboard over a ****ing mic
Pls see if anything can be done

1) Manual mode - Read (connect to PC smartphone via USB and enable USB debug) for read info from device.
OR
try in the terminal on smartphone type: (ROOT not needed)
getprop ro.product.model - for model
getprop ro.carrier - for carrier
getprop ro.build.version.full - for software version

enter the received data into the program (manual mode).

bobcov

Aug 27, 2007
After the files are pushed to the phone, what are the steps to get the phone to process them and do the updates? At the momement I am redownloading a 1.16gb file because I cannot find a way to push it to the phone since at the time I did not have push on device ticked. When I put another phone the usb cable, is there a way to push the downloaded files to the phone? I do not see any menu options to do this. What am I missing? I hope it is not something reallz simple which is going to make me look foolish....

ST Dog

Jun 22, 2013
After the files are pushed to the phone, what are the steps to get the phone to process them and do the updates?

Typically you put the file in the root of internal storage ( /storage/emulated/0 ), give the Moto Update Services app storage permission, then check for updates.

There may be a specific file name format needed.

Reactions: bobcov

bobcov

Aug 27, 2007
Typically you put the file in the root of internal storage ( /storage/emulated/0 ), give the Moto Update Services app storage permission, then check for updates.

There may be a specific file name format needed.
Thanks for the tip. I will look for the Moto Update Services app. The files are in the root of internal storage. When I went to check for updates through settings, the phone wanted an Internet connection, which of course is not how I want the update to be handled.
I just read about the solution to "no command" when booting into recovery. Is it okay to install these zips through recovery mode? Is that basically how the phone does it?

bobcov

Aug 27, 2007
While that's basically what the updater does, it requires stock recovery, not 3rd party like TWRP, and I'm not aware of a way to trigger installing the update.

Thanks again. The phone is not rooted, everything is stock. I will try it through recovery and see what happens. I will also keep looking for info on what others do with these files. People have thanked the developer of the OTA program, so it has got to be useful for this process.

ST Dog

Jun 22, 2013
Developer gave instructions same as I did.

For install update, put Blur_Version.28.51.16.potter.retail.en.US.zip in internal memory and manually check for updates on a smartphone (if smartphone don't find updatefile, give access to the update application to the device memory)

*if the update is not supported by your device, smartphone not see him and not install.

Last edited:

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
Hi, I've created a pull request with configs for Moto G5 Oreo (retin, reteu).
Please accept it.

Also I'd like to see advances mode where we could download delta otas. I didn't manage to get delta ota with current version.

Lupask

Aug 19, 2016
getting error

Error: the operation timed out
Stack traceback: 1 [CheckUpdates -> On Show] line: 48 in main chunk

So I am trying the tool on my G7+ and recieving this error. The phone has unlocked bootloader and is rooted with magisk. I tried both the manual and auto updates but neither worked. Did I do something wrong? Also, I'm curious why I have reteu channel (bought in Europe in retail) but apparently US software. (I do have the phone language English but that should not matter)
[OTA_UPDATE_CFG]
MODEL=moto g(7) plus
CARRIER=reteu
SV=Blur_Version.29.31.31.lake_reteu.retail.en.US
SN= [code redacted]
RS=

ST Dog

Jun 22, 2013
Also, I'm curious why I have reteu channel (bought in Europe in retail) but apparently US software.

SV=Blur_Version.29.31.31.lake_reteu.retail.en.US

Because that ".US" in the filename doesn't mean USA. It probablt means it defaults to US english (the locale setting) but that's just a guess.

It clearly says reteu though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

OTA Updat - Tool for check and download ota updates! (from Motorola server)

Download:
    XDA Post or GitHub

Features:
    - check ota updates
    - download ota updates
    - autocheck ota updates
    - read info from smartphone via USB
    - autoupdates of tool
    - after downloading, MD5 sum is checked

>>> Instructions <<<

Requirements:
    Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 x86x64

Examples (configuration files):
    All configuration you find here - https://github.com/Octanium91/OTA_Updater_Tool/tree/master/cfg

Moto G:
    ota_cfg_XT1032_retuglb_Blur_Version.172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US.otau_ini

Moto Z:
    ota_cfg_XT1650_retmx_Blur_Version.24.21.46.griffin.retail.en.US.otau_ini

Moto Z Play:
    ota_cfg_XT1635-02_reteu_Blur_Version.24.41.25.addison.retail.en.US.otau_ini

Thanks: @erfanoabdi for helping! ([TOOL] Motorola OTA Link Generator Tool)

XDA:DevDB Information
    OTA Updates, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Octanium91

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 256
    Release Date: 2018-07-03

Created 2018-06-30
    Last Updated 2018-11-16
    Instruction:
    • start "otau.exe"

Auto mode
    • Connect your smartphone to PC via USB (enable USB debug)
    • Press "Manual mode"
    • if OTA is available press "Download (*zip)", for download OTA Update!
      *if there is no update available, try "Manual mode"

Manual mode
    • Press "Manual mode"
    • Fill in the fields (Model (ro.product.model), Software Version (ro.build.version.full), Carrier (ro.carrier)) OR connect your smartphone to PC via USB (enable USB debug) and press "Read" OR Press "Open" for load configuration file (*.otau_ini)
      *If you do not want to use region in request, check "Use another region" and leave empty fields "Country" and "Region".
      *if you want to use a special region in request, check "Use another region" and enter in "Country" and "Region" your settings (default is 'US').
    • Press "Next"
    • if OTA is available press "Download (*zip)", for download OTA Update!

*If you have any problems or questions, click on the button "Debug info", copy showed text, ask a question (not forgetting to attach the copied text)
    Screenshots

Screenshots
    Update 189

>>> Instructions <<<

Add button "Debug info", you can see all information about OTA Server\Request\Response (if something went wrong)
    Improved request, added regional informations
    default region is 'US'
    Add regional setup (not required)
    *If you do not want to use the region in request, check "Use another region" and leave empty fields "Country" and "Region".
    Update 256 (stable release)

>>> Instructions <<<

FIX display app name
    button "OPEN", now can open any file
    if update available, add checkbox "Push on device", select for send OTA update on device via USB (enable USB debug)
    button "Back", now do back =)
    If downloaded file is exist, app can deleted him
    Now you can cancel downloading
    Improved stability
    Now stable release